Kate may be in labour

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,363
    Forum Member
    Baz O wrote: »
    Having been in labour in July I feel sorry for her ... I hope she keeps cool.
    I agree. The Royal haters will be out in force with comments. I love that Kate has gone to spend time with her parents away from the public eye.
    William and Kate have done everything they can to stay private about the impending birth. I hope Kate has a smooth delivery.
    One of mine was born in a hot July and the pregnancy was very uncomfortable towards the end.
    People kindly buy presents like babygro sets for little'un's layette not realising that babe will spend most of it's first two months in a vest.
  • Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be honest, I can't really recall what the coverage was like about the time Princess Di went into labour and had Wills. However, that happened in 1982, before television news was constant and the internet extant.

There's a clip on YouTube of News at Ten annoucing the birth of Prince William. He'd been born less than an hour before at eight minutes passed nine. The clip looks so old fashioned now, yet it's not really that long ago in the scheme of things is it?
  • Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There's a clip on YouTube of News at Ten annoucing the birth of Prince William. He'd been born less than an hour before at eight minutes passed nine. The clip looks so old fashioned now, yet it's not really that long ago in the scheme of things is it?

Well it was 31 years ago. I was 13, and in some ways it seems like only yesterday. But that period is a big chunk out of anyone's life, when you think about it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member
    uzzybuzzy wrote: »
    No shes not. The amount of press outside that hospital means there would be proper news updates not rumours on a fb page.

Unless she goes in the back door
    Playing games with the paps like her mother in law
  • Forza FerrariForza Ferrari Posts: 7,433
    Forum Member
    What a shame for the royals it would have been great timing to burry the news of charles' s tax avoidance.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I don't think the media are allowed to report on it until an official announcement is made.
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One of the Daybreak reporters said this morning that the British press will not print or show any images of Kate going into the hospital when in labour.

Whether the worlds press do the same however is another matter.
  • darkjedimasterdarkjedimaster Posts: 18,621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just saw this that gave me a chuckle. :D:D:D

Picture of Kate in Labour
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One of the Daybreak reporters said this morning that the British press will not print or show any images of Kate going into the hospital when in labour.

Whether the worlds press do the same however is another matter.

There's an embargo in place on all UK media, so that means there will be no reports from BBC, Sky, ITV or anyone until an official announcement comes from Buck House. The first we will (officially) know about it is when the baby is born, but like you say, the international media will almost certainly break the embargo and it'll probably be all over Twitter when she goes in.
  • Val_BeamVal_Beam Posts: 3,810
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just saw this that gave me a chuckle. :D:D:D

Picture of Kate in Labour
    If we rely on fergie time it'll be next year when it's born lol.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This baby hasn't even been born yet and I am already sick of it :yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn:
  • shmiskshmisk Posts: 7,963
    Forum Member

There isn't really a back door to the Lindo wing unless she goes through the basement of st Mary's which is unlikely- and she would still have to enter the main hospital to do that
  • notfussynotfussy Posts: 1,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I reckon she'll have it at the Royal Berkshire and the St Mary's announcement was to divert the press. Have you seen them setting up outside there?
  • Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If she has a girl, then a boy later, the girl will presumably be the first female in line to succeed despite male siblings, with the equal succession rights bill being prepared. That could make the birth of some historical interest.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    notfussy wrote: »
    I reckon she'll have it at the Royal Berkshire and the St Mary's announcement was to divert the press. Have you seen them setting up outside there?

Do you really think they'd allow a future monarch to be born at an NHS hospital?:eek:
  • notfussynotfussy Posts: 1,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do you really think they'd allow a future monarch to be born at an NHS hospital?:eek:

I don't think Kate will give them much choice. She didn't do the Royal Family Christmas last year did she? Spent that with her parents bucking protocol...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TMZ will have the first scoop. They seem to know break news before it even happens lol!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member
    shmisk wrote: »
    There isn't really a back door to the Lindo wing unless she goes through the basement of st Mary's which is unlikely- and she would still have to enter the main hospital to do that

Oh yeah sorry. Im Scottish and on the NHS ... WTF would I know about posh hospitals in London
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    abibble wrote: »
    TMZ will have the first scoop. They seem to know break news before it even happens lol!

TMZ are great. There was a brief time when the website was inexplicably blocked to UK ISP surfers and I admit I was at a loss until access was resorted. :o
  • dirty dingusdirty dingus Posts: 2,037
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why all the cloak n dagger stuff, we will be paying for the sprog, well until we kick their freeloading arses into touch, so the public deserve Truman Show like coverage until then.
  • HotgossipHotgossip Posts: 22,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My official Prince Harry FB page has stated Kate may be in labour this evening. Unconfirmed at the moment. Poor girl in the heat we're having but shes probably got AC!

I wouldn't worry your head about her. She'll have airconditioning, dampened facecloths rinsed in rosewater, cooling fans, egyptian cotton towels, softened water face sprays,natural sponges etc etc.

This is no ordinary birth ................ :D:D:D
  • HotgossipHotgossip Posts: 22,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This baby hasn't even been born yet and I am already sick of it :yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn:

Me too. :rolleyes: Then they'll disappear back to either their London pad or their Sandringham estate, both of which we have paid millions to have renovated for them. That's a damned cheek in these times of austerity. They're really no better than the Romanian lot, the Ceausescus. They lived with marble floors, gold bath fittings, and every luxury money could buy while the peasants had nothing.
  • DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Well the baby's grandfather (Prince Charles) was in an NHS hospital and I believe Prince William was too following a sports injury.
  • Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I would hope she does go in the back door..why should the paps capture pics off her in labour???:confused:
  • waz101waz101 Posts: 1,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hotgossip wrote: »
    Me too. :rolleyes: Then they'll disappear back to either their London pad or their Sandringham estate, both of which we have paid millions to have renovated for them. That's a damned cheek in these times of austerity. They're really no better than the Romanian lot, the Ceausescus. They lived with marble floors, gold bath fittings, and every luxury money could buy while the peasants had nothing.

The Sandringham Estate is The Queen's private estate (as is Balmoral), and not part of Crown Estates . Apart from security (which we'd have to pay no matter where they lived) it costs the taxpayer nothing.