Parker (2013) - starring Jason Statham & Jennifer Lopez

tommYHYHtommYHYH Posts: 162
Forum Member
A thief (Statham) with a unique code of professional ethics is double-crossed by his crew and left for dead. Assuming a new disguise and forming an unlikely alliance with a woman on the inside (Lopez), he looks to hijack the score of the crew's latest heist.

Anybody gonna see this? Looks quite good, and I like Jason Statham. I'm also really glad that Jennifer is finally in a serious movie role! She needs to be doing movies like this.

Here's the trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jqq6mgpUFfY

It comes out January 25th 2013.

Comments

• Johnny ClayJohnny Clay Posts: 5,326
    Forum Member
    And to think she promised so much with Out of Sight.....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,129
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Flick-book editing on the trailer...they might as well just stick up a bunch of stills the speed at which the editing is.
  • mickmarsmickmars Posts: 7,438
    Forum Member
    Is he going to alternate between a London accent and an American accent all the way through the film (again) lol
  • Virgil TracyVirgil Tracy Posts: 26,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    is Lady Penelope in it ?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's a dream line-up if ever there was one :D
  • tommYHYHtommYHYH Posts: 162
    Forum Member
    Haven't seen much promo for this and it's released this Friday.
  • MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,520
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tommYHYH wrote: »
    Haven't seen much promo for this and it's released this Friday.

There's a reason why. It's a stinker! :D
  • chrono88chrono88 Posts: 3,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jennifer Lopez...acting? LOL
  • Syntax ErrorSyntax Error Posts: 27,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jason Statham playing the same part he always does.

Saying that, his films are usually entertaining & this is no different.

It's a solid & entertaining flick, with some moments that are so far fetched they're laughable, but that is to be expected.

The bulk of the film is set in Palm Beach, Florida, USA & it looks absolutely stunning
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    Saw at cinema yesterday:

Parker: 2.5/5

It was OK I guess, Statham looks the part - though to be honest, he seems to be playing the same part in every film he's in :D
    There are some old-school violent fisticuffs, which are fun, but the film is at least half an hour too long. Could have done with some trimming.
    J-Lo has aged well though (and appears in her underwear ;) ) though she hardly does any 'acting' :)
  • StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    grimtales1 wrote: »
    Saw at cinema yesterday:

Parker: 2.5/5

It was OK I guess, Statham looks the part - though to be honest, he seems to be playing the same part in every film he's in :D
    There are some old-school violent fisticuffs, which are fun, but the film is at least half an hour too long. Could have done with some trimming.
    J-Lo has aged well though (and appears in her underwear ;) ) though she hardly does any 'acting' :)
    She didn't do any in this....she was awful.....but still looks great.;)

An average Jason Statham film, good action, bad plot....6/10.
  • PJ68PJ68 Posts: 3,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i must say i really enjoyed this for some reason.

it reminded me of a 90s action flick. was quite funny, the fight scenes and stunts were great (the fight in his apartment was VERY good), j-lo was fab too, a bit quirky, a bit sad...