Anyone else think that Something New and All Fired Up are similar?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,561
Forum Member
✭✭
The thumping dance beats throughout both songs, the fact there's no verse/chorus structure and each member gets their own "section".

Sarah's section is pretty similar to Frankie's section in that they both slow the song down a bit and both of them repeat their lines ("take a walk on the wild side of life" x2, "we're so close to the edge of desire feel so hot hot got that fire" x2). The final part of All Fired Up is also an "Keep me on your radar" chant and the end of Something New is a "we're the leaders of the pack" chant.

Both were produced by Xenomania, btw. I also think the videos are kinda the same, too - one group shot (GA in orange, The Sats in black) and an individual look for each girl (with again, Frankie and Sarah both sitting down for their parts :p).

Comments

• tracystapestracystapes Posts: 3,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not really no.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 123
    Forum Member
    Yea there is some what of a similarity between them however All Fired Up is by far the superior of the two!

All Fired Up >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Something New
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    you have put too much thought into this. Enjoy the music
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    you have put too much thought into this. Enjoy the music

What? Lol. :D Who says i'm not enjoying the music? I'm just noting a similarity.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 116
    Forum Member
    Nothing like it.

Saturdays can learn a thing or 2 from girls aloud - like how to pick the right songs.
  • Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't notice it but after my friend pointed it out there are definite similarities but thats no bad thing as bothare great songs and can be equally enjoyed :)
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Maybe there is. Much prefer All Fired Up though.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When i heard the 30 sec preview maybe, but once i heard the full song i didn`t see the similarity anymore Love both songs tho
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There is a bit yes and i like both songs.
  • blueface2222blueface2222 Posts: 2,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am a huge GA fan but as a comparsion All Fired Up is better.
  • Eric_BlobEric_Blob Posts: 7,756
    Forum Member
    Yes, I see similarities between the song. Both seem like they were originally dance tracks, and then had a girl group put vocals on them. They don't seem like they were originally pop songs if that makes sense, they haven't even been put in proper verse/chorus/bridge structure and they are very instrumentally driven.

None of this is a bad thing though, but I see how they're similar.
  • Ally_BowieAlly_Bowie Posts: 618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it sounds more like a Saturdays track, than a Girls Aloud Track. It doesnt matter anyway i think their music compliments each other. Although im worried for the Sats now that Girls Aloud are back.
  • TYCOTYCO Posts: 5,891
    Forum Member
    I'm not a fan of either of these groups but I was just coming here to start a discussion about the same thing. It had been on my mind for a few days I knew I'd heard it before.