Monsters Vs. Aliens.

molybecksmolybecks Posts: 14,553
Forum Member
✭✭
Ok, so i really want to see this:o

Anyone else seen it who are a kid at heart?

*just me then?* :)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,140
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I saw this on friday, hilarious film. Loved it, will be a must-buy on Blu-ray when it comes out! :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 44,323
    Forum Member
    I saw it today, the scenes with the President were hilarious :D
    It's weird how I find cartoons for children funnier than "real" comedies..the jokes are just more subtle :D
  • gorgeousgirlgorgeousgirl Posts: 5,031
    Forum Member
    Love it! Took my sister to see it in 3D. ( I use her as my excuse to see all the kids films ).
  • molybecksmolybecks Posts: 14,553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LOL i love the animation etc.

I am seeing it next week (i think).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Love it! Took my sister to see it in 3D. ( I use her as my excuse to see all the kids films ).

I am gonna take my kids to see it.

Is it worth paying the extra to see it in 3D?
  • pburke90pburke90 Posts: 14,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gonna see it on Sunday with my little brother at the newly opened 3D cinema just down the road from us. Should be good, I hope!

Paddy :D
  • gorgeousgirlgorgeousgirl Posts: 5,031
    Forum Member
    It is only £1.50 extra.

A bit more for adults £2 or something.

Worth it i say
  • AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is it by Dreamworks?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It is, yes.

Paddy :D
  • molybecksmolybecks Posts: 14,553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The little monster things look so funny!:D
  • PJ68PJ68 Posts: 3,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    its a good looking film but just one small criticism - its not funny! maybe to a 5 year old but apart from that it completely lacks the wit of the best of pixar etc

dreamworks cgi cartoons are such second cousins to pixars i think - kung fu panda, sharks tale (awful), madagascar, shrek (3rd shrek was abyssmal)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Went to see this yesterday, and to be honest, I was a bit disappointed.

I like all the in-jokes about old sci-fi films (I was the only person laughing in the cinema when the president played the keyboard tune from Close Encounters of the Thirds Kind) and I was very funny, especially Seth Rogan's BOB.

I just felt the story was lacking any depth. Women's becomes giant, meets other monsters, fights aliens, the end. Also, (being an massive Pixar fan myself) I didn't feel it had the charm and warmth of Pixar's animation.

Also, this 3D thing grates on me. I home for the Easter holidays, and my local cinema doesn't have the ability to show films in 3D. But if I was still in Glasgow, I think I'd steer clear of it. A student ticket is already £4.90 plus another £1.50 for the glasses. If I want some of my 'non-student' friends to come, the ticket price is £9.20!!!!!!! If the film studios want 3D to be the future it should be them, and not the audience, that are shouldering the cost of the switch.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I saw it last weekend, both myself and my son who is 6 loved it. It's had criticism but hey, it was funny, kept me interested unlike Shrek which I think is crap. I didn't analyse it just enjoyed it as it was meant to be viewed.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,881
    Forum Member
    I'm 23 and saw it with my friend and we absoultly loved it. Very charming and I found it funny.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Our local cinema is £6 for adults and £4 for children. If it's a 3D film it's an extra £2, so it would cost £14 for me and my little brother to go see a 3D film (or £16 if it was 2 adults). I don't know if it is worth the extra £4 or not, but I don't know if they are showing it in 2D so I get to choose, it might be 3D or nothing... :confused:

Paddy :confused:
  • frostfrost Posts: 4,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Saw this today, it was great.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PJ68 wrote: »
    dreamworks cgi cartoons are such second cousins to pixars i think - kung fu panda, sharks tale (awful), madagascar, shrek (3rd shrek was abyssmal)

Dreamworks definitely ride on Pixar's coat tails but this is one of their better efforts to date.

I couldn't even see it getting a sequel.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Saw it on Sunday in 3D. Visually it is very, very nice to look at but the jokes were a bit flat and there seemed to be too many quiet parts where not much was going on to keep your attention. Some eyebrow raising adult moments in it though which made you wonder if it was a PG or a 12...! I remember a mention of the word 'boobies' got most of the patrons (including my little brother) laughing like mad!

The 3D though was fantastic and our local cinema was recently refurbished so all the screens have the new digital projectors. Was amazing to finally see a film at the cinema where there were no 'cigarette burns', hairs or jumps in the picture, it truly was a stunning image to look at. Even the trailers before the film were gorgeous quality. :) Bring on more 3D films, animated or not.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When this comes out on DVD will it be released in 3D ?
  • TardisSteveTardisSteve Posts: 8,077
    Forum Member
    nice and funny animated film, not as good as some of the recent CGI films i have seen but still very entertaining
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nice and funny animated film, not as good as some of the recent CGI films i have seen but still very entertaining

Watched it tonight on BBC3 for the first time and it was ok, but not one of the better Dreamworks animated films.

The story was pretty dire but the characters were quite good, shame they never fleshed any of them out, that was disappointing. Hard to empathise with the characters, they were too shallow and superficial.

The "bad guy" was also a bit naff, the whole plot was really vague as well, shame really.