Revenge creator Mike Kelley leaving show

boab34boab34 Posts: 1,424
Forum Member
✭✭✭
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/22/revenge-mike-kelley-exit-season-2_n_3135492.html

wonder how this will impact the creative direction of Season 3 esp when Mike Kelley has killed off one of the main characters in the season finale?

Comments

• Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This doesn't bode well at all.

Kelley said a few weeks ago he had no intention of keeping the show going for years and could see it ending by season 4 at the latest.

Sounds to me like ABC had other ideas and so he's quit to let someone else deal with it.
  • boab34boab34 Posts: 1,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Joe_Zel wrote: »
    This doesn't bode well at all.

Kelley said a few weeks ago he had no intention of keeping the show going for years and could see it ending by season 4 at the latest.

Sounds to me like ABC had other ideas and so he's quit to let someone else deal with it.

if ratings don't improve, I can see season 3 being the last season.
  • Queen MaeveQueen Maeve Posts: 22,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mike didn't want 22 episodes, feels 13 better - I agree. Maybe he dug his heels in and said 'its that or I leave' - seems like ABC may have called his bluff.

Padding out Revenge to 22 Eps per season is going to be tough. People found the Initiative story line tough, but you cant have 'take-down' every week.

I can see it going ubber soapy. With Mike gone there is no way they can re-capture the quality of S1.

I also think Mike had the balls to kill off a main character, but under the new regime and ABCs obvious control, they'll pander to the fangirls.

I agree S3 should be the last. Maybe EVC will decide to leave and have her movie career once Captain America is behind her.
  • Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I doubt EVC would be able to quit. Leads on TV shows usually sign contracts tying them down for about 5-7 years.