Stevie Wonder to feature on Jahmenes album

plankenheimerplankenheimer Posts: 452
Forum Member
http://www.*******************/x-factor/x-factor-stevie-wonder-to-make-guest-appearance-on-jahmene-douglas-debut-album/

Nice to see the legends appreciate him :)

Edit : not sure what's happened to the link

Comments

• d56d56 Posts: 5,471
    Forum Member
    Thats good news! Jahmene deserves a real chance.
  • Pingu222Pingu222 Posts: 445
    Forum Member
    Does playing the harmonica on one track really count as featuring?
  • paulbaxpaulbax Posts: 2,478
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow thats huge to get Stevie Wonder on you're first album! Too bad the fact that its a covers album has doomed it from the start.
  • Kuda_KunakaKuda_Kunaka Posts: 2,703
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Im a huge Jahmene fan but im so disappointed that he's doing an ALBUM of covers
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Im a huge Jahmene fan but im so disappointed that he's doing an ALBUM of covers
    It is a shame, I'm not a fan of his voice but he's a nice guy and I feel that Syco are ruining any chances he has at a career through laziness.
  • 4troy74troy7 Posts: 8,925
    Forum Member
    paulbax wrote: »
    It is a shame, I'm not a fan of his voice but he's a nice guy and I feel that Syco are ruining any chances he has at a career through laziness.
    He's not signed with SYCO he's signed with with RCA .
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    4troy7 wrote: »
    He's not signed with SYCO he's signed with with RCA .
    Even worse...RCA UK are a terrible label.
  • Emma_WaughmanEmma_Waughman Posts: 12,892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jahmene sounds like another Joe McElderry
  • CARA2000CARA2000 Posts: 10,640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jahmene sounds like another Joe McElderry

They certainly don't sound like each other. Joe has demonstrated that he is very diverse and does pop, rock, classic and has proven he can do theatre.

When Jahmene has had 4 albums out and working on his 5th and written his own songs then I will agree there are similarities.

I think Joe is probably the most diverse but credible artist to come from X Factor. Can sing several genres of music and act.

Whilst the X Factor machine concentrates on finding the next money-spinning disposable pop act, drops them and moves onto the next coming down the conveyor belt, some of the contestants have other agendas. They use the show as a platform yes, but not many can establish a more credible career as real singers and more.

It is yet to be seen whether Jahmene can do half as much. I wish him well though. :)
  • gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CARA2000 wrote: »
    They certainly don't sound like each other. Joe has demonstrated that he is very diverse and does pop, rock, classic and has proven he can do theatre.

When Jahmene has had 4 albums out and working on his 5th and written his own songs then I will agree there are similarities.

I think Joe is probably the most diverse but credible artist to come from X Factor. Can sing several genres of music and act.

Whilst the X Factor machine concentrates on finding the next money-spinning disposable pop act, drops them and moves onto the next coming down the conveyor belt, some of the contestants have other agendas. They use the show as a platform yes, but not many can establish a more credible career as real singers and more.

It is yet to be seen whether Jahmene can do half as much. I wish him well though. :)

oh please, credible in what way exactly?:o his music has certainly not achieved credible results sales wise and i would hardly consider him a critics darling either. his voice may be versatile, many people within the industry have commented favorably in terms of his vocals and he may be recording his fifth album, but if there was ever an example needed to teach artists that "quality over quantity" matters, then joe would be a prime example. his catalogue is awash with cover versions of songs where the originals or other versions are vastly superior, so another cliche spring to mind, "jack of all trades, master of nothing".

i think rebecca ferguson has achieved a far better balance of critical and commercial acclaim personally. with just one album release she has outsold all of joe`s album efforts put together and has achieved the kind of critical acclaim that many artists aspire too.

i can also see emma`s point, assuming she was alluding to the cover version heavy album that jahmene is releasing.
  • soulloversoullover Posts: 1,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You are deluded in your fandom.:p He's a little grafter, I'll give you that but jeez, you can't say he's been a massive success !:D
    As for Jahmene i just can't see him as a massive success either.
  • MargueriteMarguerite Posts: 2,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There are musicians and then there are singers, people who are nothing more than a voice for hire, they'll sing anything, anytime, anywhere. Joe falls into that latter catergory, nice bloke, good voice but that's about it.

More than likelyJahmene's career will follow the same path, with about equal success., Maybe that's enough for both of them.:)
  • my name is joemy name is joe Posts: 4,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pingu222 wrote: »

not really, how would anyone know it's him?:)

reading between the lines i'm wondering if SW was asked if he'd collaborate and declined but sent over a bit of harmonica recording they could use as a kind gesture
  • CARA2000CARA2000 Posts: 10,640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :)

Sometimes you just gotta smile. ;):D

As I said earlier, I wish Jahmene well. :)
  • rattierattie Posts: 7,050
    Forum Member

I'd disagree with that. Joe is one of the most diverse, rather than the most diverse. Rhydian also sings several genres of music and has appeared in four WE musicals to date.
  • Hassaan13Hassaan13 Posts: 41,960
    Forum Member
    Pingu222 wrote: »

It's something, but I was expecting him to actually be singing on it.
  • fireemblemcrazefireemblemcraze Posts: 7,436
    Forum Member

Credible? You must be joking...

Credible acts are Leona, early Alexandra and Rebecca - acts who have not just been great sellers but also critically acclaimed.

Joe doesn't come close...
  • rattierattie Posts: 7,050
    Forum Member
    Credible in what context? Jusst asking....:)