Gwyneth Paltrow voted most hated celeb

Comments

• Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    John Dough wrote: »
    When we're spoilt for 'choice' in terms of people who are 'famous' for doing eff all it does seem odd that this particular woman tops the vote.:confused:

I agree. Can't say I've got any real opinion on her either way but surely there is a list as long as your arm of celebs that are way easier to *hate* than her?
  • LewnaticcLewnaticc Posts: 3,933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't think why she's the most hated. I've not read her blog but seriously, how bad can she be...?
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gwyneth:"Chris darling,I've put the little angels to bed in their handmade hemp hammocks.Would you care for some of my lovingly home made nut roast smothered in my specially imported tahini (only £5000 per gram from Harrods - soo reasonable and affordable)"
    Chris:" Oh for goodness sake Gwyneth, can't you see I'm trying to write yet another album full of depressing wallpaper music? I'm a close personal friend of Jay-z you know. I'm so Rock and Roll yah"
    :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

:D:D:D:D

Yes, I can imagine after a night at theirs, I'd be in urgent need of cheesy chips and a litre of meths.
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »
    I agree. Can't say I've got any real opinion on her either way but surely there is a list as long as your arm of celebs that are way easier to *hate* than her?

The reason she's top of the list - and 100% deservedly so imo - is that she's been all over the place for the last month or so promoting her ridiculous cookbook, talking absolute contradictory b*ollocks about nutrition, name-dropping, humble-bragging to gag-making levels and generally getting on everyone's last nerve.
  • Azura's StarAzura's Star Posts: 3,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lexi22 wrote: »
    The reason she's top of the list - and 100% deservedly so imo - is that she's been all over the place for the last month or so promoting her ridiculous cookbook, talking absolute contradictory b*ollocks about nutrition, name-dropping, humble-bragging to gag-making levels and generally getting on everyone's last nerve.

All of this x1000.
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,577
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

So that makes her a worse person than renowned woman-beater Chris Brown??
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Verence wrote: »

Of COURSE not.
    But the poll was about people,not pond-life.
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I seem to have missed all of that. :o
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Eh? What are you on about? What's Chris Brown got to do with my responding to Blondie about why Paltrow's attracting such dislike at the moment?
  • haphashhaphash Posts: 21,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't understand the dislike for her at all. I suppose she comes across as a bit self-righteous but if she wants to live on grated carrot or whatever that's her business. .

Celebs that try to make us feel guilty so that we will donate to charities make me far more angry. If they (people like Bono) have the money then they can give it to charity but when we are struggling to make ends meet we don't need to be preached at by people far wealthier than we can ever dream of being.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26,449
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sjp07 wrote: »
    Hating someone you don't know is ridiculous.

It's heaps of fun though, you should give it a whirl.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lewnaticc wrote: »
    I can't think why she's the most hated. I've not read her blog but seriously, how bad can she be...?

She's this bad.
    Enjoy;)
    http://www.prettyandstupid.com/idiot/11
  • Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,293
    Forum Member
    That's a bit random isn't it? Why is she hated so much of all the celebrities?

There's no reason to hate her, but she gets criticism mainly for her "lifestyle advice" which is basically limited to advising people to do things that an average person who wasn't a movie star just couldn't afford.
  • Saltydog1955Saltydog1955 Posts: 4,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't hate her, I just find her horribly self absorbed and pretentious. I think people should feel sorry for her if anything.

The Goop website is designed for rich people like herself, so apart from one brief glance to see what all the fuss was about, I've no desire to read it - not being a millionaire and all that...... ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't hate her, I just find her horribly self absorbed and pretentious. I think people should feel sorry for her if anything.

The Goop website is designed for rich people like herself, so apart from one brief glance to see what all the fuss was about, I've no desire to read it - not being a millionaire and all that...... ;)

:confused:
    WHY?????????
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

And now she's on Graham Norton tonight so I can't watch it.
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargggggghhhhh.
  • Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 79,884
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gwyneth:"Chris darling,I've put the little angels to bed in their handmade hemp hammocks.Would you care for some of my lovingly home made nut roast smothered in my specially imported tahini (only £5000 per gram from Harrods - soo reasonable and affordable)"
    Chris:" Oh for goodness sake Gwyneth, can't you see I'm trying to write yet another album full of depressing wallpaper music? I'm a close personal friend of Jay-z you know. I'm so Rock and Roll yah"
    :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

:D:D:D
  • FlannoFlanno Posts: 1,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if it's something to do with...erm, her frenemy called Winona Ryder & the falling-out between them over a part in 'Shakespeare In Love' yonks ago?

http://darlingdarling.wordpress.com/2009/05/11/winona-ryder-resurrection-star-trek-and-gwyneths-grudge/
  • Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,293
    Forum Member
    It's funny that Gwennie would write a cookbook when she looks like she doesn't even eat food.

No celebrity is more detestable and worthy of hate than Chris Brown

As clueless about real world financial struggles as Paltrow is, that's no way comparable to a womanbeater.
  • DavetheScotDavetheScot Posts: 16,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can sort of see why people might not like her - she is fantastically up-her-own-a**e. But she's so patently well-intentioned I can't dislike her.
  • jabegyjabegy Posts: 6,201
    Forum Member
    I can't say I hate her, I just couldn't give a toss about her one way or t'other. She's completely irrellevant.
  • Walter NeffWalter Neff Posts: 9,148
    Forum Member
    I don't hate her, but I did despise her for that awful weepy Oscar acceptance speech, and for naming her poor kid "Apple", to me that is child abuse. :(
  • goldberry1goldberry1 Posts: 2,699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like her - I like Jake Gyllenhaal too, a friend of hers, thought they were good in 'Proof'. I'm blonde too and would like to know how she gets her hair in such good condition - probably good health, and expensive products and hairdresser should think. I like to listen to her too.
  • user1234567user1234567 Posts: 12,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Her own quote sums her up best
    "One of my most negative qualities is the perfectionism that I have, and I think that I unconsciously project that because it comes from self-doubt and insecurity and that's the ironic part. I'm so deeply flawed. I'm just a normal mother with the same struggles as any other mother who's trying to do everything at once and trying to be a wife and maintain a relationship. There's absolutely nothing perfect about my life, but I just try hard."
    She's too try hard and just irritates people.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I suppose it depends what angle you come at this from. If we are taking this seriously then of course people like Christ Brown et al should be at the top, but to me this wasn't serious, it's a lighthearted bit of fluff designed to roll our eyes at those who get on our nerves. Perhaps 'hated' is the wrong word to use. Being an annoying twit is far more accurate.