Jonathan Ross Show

Comments

• amyawakeamyawake Posts: 7,846
    Forum Member
    dezire wrote: »
    I found him deeply irritating, vain and self absorbed. I found this a little odd as I use to like him and find him funny. It's like he's kind of believing his own hype these days. I lost count of how many times he looked and talked to the camera instead of Ross and the audience!
    Yeah I kind of feel the same..(sadly) - used to be quite a fan.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    amyawake wrote: »
    He wasn't doing a comedy routine :rolleyes:
    Garbage? Like his gig for helping out drug addicts?
    Were you even listening?

waste of time doing gigs for them.its their own fault so they dont deserve getting money.
  • The WizardThe Wizard Posts: 11,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What the hell was this total dross? See how many complete and utter cocks they can get on one show or something? Or perhaps itv are deliberately trying to kill off all it's viewers.

Eddie Izzard is totally unfunny and thinks he's super intellectual and the next political leader. The guy who backed the failed reform to the voting system because it was such a bad idea. What an idiot! The whole 'action transvestite' thing isn't funny or shocking anymore. You're a middle aged old man who was funny for about 2 minutes back in the late 90's who wears eyeliner and nail varnish...grow up!

Lungren was just a bore who thinks he's God's gift. Nothing interesting to say, looked like he couldn't be bothered, moving on. Brand is a complete and utter knob of the highest order. Not funny in the slightest, talks crap and is just like an annoying little child who uses big long words to cover up the fact that he's a total prat. Even Ross looked a little uneasy in his presence. I've never known anyone (other than drunken stoned off their head students) who talk quite as much bolloks as this idiot does. He's not on this planet.

Only decent guest was Sir David. I could have watched him for an hour.

Trouble is, what's the alternative? Graham Norton with his predictable lineup? A Hollywood actor who he spends 70% of the show with his tongue up their backside like a total psychophant, the British actor in the middle who gets about 28% of the show to talk followed by the comedian who gets shoved on the end like a spare part who if he's lucky might get to say 2 words to plug his dvd before he's cut off and back to sucking up to the American actor. Followed by some crap band which I usually skip past.
  • pete137pete137 Posts: 18,342
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Brand was off his tits on something, thats for sure. No clean and sober human being acts like he did on the show tonight. He made Gazza look reformed.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pete137 wrote: »
    Brand was off his tits on something, thats for sure. No clean and sober human being acts like he did on the show tonight. He made Gazza look reformed.

He did seem a bit hyper and fidgety.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8vZ2euhX8g Early Brand and Ross interview

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwiyZS35Hvk Ross and Brand 2013

I've just watched the two and what a difference. He was much more likable and less loud back then!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 30
    Forum Member
    David Attenborough believes the Brontosaurus existed.. what the..?
  • davordavor Posts: 6,874
    Forum Member
    It's boring so far. I'm going to sleep....
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Johnny Depp is looking a bit rough :p

I thought Haley Atwell looked hot in her period dress in Captain America.
    https://www.google.co.uk/search?rlz=&q=hayley+atwell+captain+america&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hl=en&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=3MAWUc2UFubI0QX_2oDYCA&biw=1133&bih=682&sei=3sAWUabBOITT0QXVxIHwBQ

John C. Reilly should be a good guest even if he is ill. Found out recently that he is a fellow Reel Big Fish fan :cool:
    http://25.media.tumblr.com/32d35b87fb4807d2e1739f0fde2cb621/tumblr_mgwjgrouRg1rp5k9go1_500.jpg
    Forum Member
    Thought that new Adam Ant song sounded a bit like Hey Joe by Hendrix
  • DirtyBarrySpeedDirtyBarrySpeed Posts: 1,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've only just tuned in to see John C Reilly and he does not appear to be in the green room at all.
    Forum Member
    QI did a very similar, if not the same experiment to this in the last series.
    Forum Member
    I've only just tuned in to see John C Reilly and he does not appear to be in the green room at all.
    He went home ill after his interview. He has the norovirus
  • StockingfillerStockingfiller Posts: 3,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Norovirus,an actress and Adam Ant. Professor Brian Cox got only about five minutes. He's funnier than Wossy and more interesting. Got the impression that we all had to sit through a lot of pretty average stuff to get to the last five minutes. Don't like the format at all ie the one at a time interview.

An experiment had obviously been asked, for. That would of course focus on Jonathan again. There must be people out there that could get guests fizzing whilst not hogging the thing. The Graham Noron format is pretty good but him as a host..not so great, I think.
  • mrblankmrblank Posts: 5,687
    Forum Member
    adam ant good god is that the best they could come up with? whos the musical guest next week howard jones?
  • billiobillio Posts: 3,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Adam Ant is a true star, and he has been to hell and back (sectioned against his will in 2010, targeted by stalkers and the victim of a smear campaign and embezzlement by a former associate).

The new single doesn't show him at him best, but live, he is dynamite.

Nice to see no trace of rancour despite the fact that Georgina Baillie is Adam's close friend (and in his band). She was the girl at the centre of the Sachsgate scandal.
    Forum Member
    adam ant is a has been whos best years are long behind him
  • billiobillio Posts: 3,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    True, he is no longer at his peak, but at his peak (77-81) he was amazing. His recent gigs have been brilliant.

He is trending on Twitter so it seems a lot of people were happy to see him in such good shape and good spirits.
    Forum Member
    its over 30 years since he got rid of his backing group the ants by pouring boiling water on them
  • PaleHorsePaleHorse Posts: 5,681
    Forum Member
    I know it's not anything noteworthy, but I really hate how Jonathan Ross looks these days.

Is he trying to be an eighties corporate villain? What's the deal with this awful look he's got!?
  • grahamzxygrahamzxy Posts: 11,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ant n' Dec on tonight - showing a preview clip from SNT with a set up 'stolen' from I'm Alan Partridge......Louis Walsh in a room full of posters of Louis Walsh - 'I like to just sit here and watch myself' ....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOznbnSKpJs#t=8m12s
  • Ramsay LaddersRamsay Ladders Posts: 3,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    grahamzxy wrote: »
    Ant n' Dec on tonight - showing a clip from SNT 'stolen' from I'm Alan Partridge......Louis Walsh in a room full of posters of Louis Walsh - 'I like to just sit here and watch myself' ....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOznbnSKpJs#t=8m12s

Yep, Partridge was the first thing that came to my mind too.
  • quirkyquirkquirkyquirk Posts: 7,160
    Forum Member
    Pissing myself laughing at Tim Roth's comment about Dec.The look on his face.:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member

LOL,,,,,he took the comment well though :D:D:D
  • scatcatcathyscatcatcathy Posts: 2,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

What did he say? Missed that bit,overall it was crap a Ant and Dec love fest boring. He needs to get himself back to channel 4 and do his show when Alan Carrs on a break.