Condemned Series

LeehamLeeham Posts: 4,795
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I just finished Condemned 2 last night, and wow, it was definately one of my favourite games ever. Unfortunately I havn't played the first one, is it worth going back and playing the first one?

Also, is it true that it's going to be a trilogy, and one more game is on the way?

Comments

• WoodsMonkWoodsMonk Posts: 6,455
    Forum Member
    I prefer the first one!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,983
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The first one is still the scariest game I have ever played..
  • dannyb0yukdannyb0yuk Posts: 2,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As the other wise ones here have stated, the first one is superior in many ways- mostly for the story and the scare factor. The story just became stupid at the end of the second one but I suppose they wanted a way to set up for the inevitable Condemned 3. But back OT, for the price you can get it now (sub £10 if you look hard enough), I would very much recommend the first one!

There you go, £6.50 and £1.95 P&P. (Not my listing, just the first one I saw!) http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CONDEMNED-Xbox-360_W0QQitemZ310091339083QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item310091339083&_trkparms=72%3A1297|39%3A1|66%3A2|65%3A12|240%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14
  • LeehamLeeham Posts: 4,795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dannyb0yuk wrote: »
    As the other wise ones here have stated, the first one is superior in many ways- mostly for the story and the scare factor. The story just became stupid at the end of the second one but I suppose they wanted a way to set up for the inevitable Condemned 3. But back OT, for the price you can get it now (sub £10 if you look hard enough), I would very much recommend the first one!

There you go, £6.50 and £1.95 P&P. (Not my listing, just the first one I saw!) http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CONDEMNED-Xbox-360_W0QQitemZ310091339083QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item310091339083&_trkparms=72%3A1297|39%3A1|66%3A2|65%3A12|240%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

Thanks a lot, I'll definately get it then.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 198
    Forum Member
    The first is way better than the second. You'll have fun when you get it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sweeney wrote: »
    The first is way better than the second. You'll have fun when you get it.

Gotta wait for paypal funds to clear so it's going to be a long anticipation

9 days of waiting, because I'm too lazy to just go down to the shops :D
  • dannyb0yukdannyb0yuk Posts: 2,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Leeham wrote: »
    Gotta wait for paypal funds to clear so it's going to be a long anticipation

9 days of waiting, because I'm too lazy to just go down to the shops :D

lol why pay by e-cheque instead of on your card or via bank transfer? I hate e-cheques, I'm far too impatient for them.
  • SamGamgeeSamGamgee Posts: 1,980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whilst the first one was good and scary..it doesnt have nearly the polish of next gen 360 games which took a lot away from it for me.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dannyb0yuk wrote: »
    lol why pay by e-cheque instead of on your card or via bank transfer? I hate e-cheques, I'm far too impatient for them.
    Don't have a credit or debit card, bank transfer is annoying :(
  • Daveoc64Daveoc64 Posts: 15,374
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SamGamgee wrote: »
    Whilst the first one was good and scary..it doesnt have nearly the polish of next gen 360 games which took a lot away from it for me.

I'd say it was pretty good considering that it was a launch (2005) title!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,305
    Forum Member
    SamGamgee wrote: »

I thought both games were pretty much the same in terms of graphics and gameplay (althogh i did have the PC version of the original, so maybe they polished it up a bit), but i did prefer the original. It was scarier and the story was better (imo).
  • kendogukkendoguk Posts: 13,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have both i got them both around the same time.

I couldnt put the first one down i just had to play it and completed it, it was awesome.

Were as for the 2nd one i got to level 4 and lost interest, ive still got it and will play it eventually but imo the 1st was awesome.
  • alternatealternate Posts: 8,110
    Forum Member
    The first 2/3rds of the first one played like a serial killer flick - which I preferred to the supernatural direction they took after that.

Poor sales of the second might put pay to a trilogy.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,329
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Playing the first Condemned at the moment, really enjoying. If your looking for something creepy then play this in the dark with your headphones, guaranteed goosebumps.
  • The Special OneThe Special One Posts: 521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The first game was really good. I got it a few months after release and I couldnt put it down. When I did, my housemates were in my room wanting to play it. It really felt like something id never played before.

The second game I didnt play until about 5 years later and it seemed a bit dated and not as enjoyable as the original.
  • General ZodGeneral Zod Posts: 392
    Forum Member
    Good games. Picked them both up for than less than a tenner late on last year in CeX. Bit of Mr Tibbits anyone? Fun for all the family!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMnfqtCXfW0
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Liked the 1st one but just couldn't get into the 2nd might try it again at some point.