Revenge Season 3 US Pace (possible spoilers in this thread)

lovetochatlovetochat Posts: 737
Forum Member
✭✭
There doesn't seem to be a Season 3 thread yet, so thought I should start one, seeing as the new Season is a few weeks away and the first promo was aired yesterday on ABC.

From the Season 2 thread, here's what we know:
Shawn_Lunn wrote: »
So Revengers who's seen the new Season 3 Promo? I so want this show back right now cannot wait for September 29 It looks amazing and shocking!!!!

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/s186/revenge/news/a507783/revenge-shock-season-3-promo-a-shooting-shirtless-justin-hartley.html

Can't wait!:D

Comments

• Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    Thanks for posting this.

That trailer is bloody cool. Season 3 could be the show's best one yet.
  • lovetochatlovetochat Posts: 737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I loved the trailer!

Got high hopes for Season 3, hope they manage to keep the show fresh. It lost its way a little in Season 2, didn't like Padma at all.
  • Collins1965Collins1965 Posts: 13,799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just wish Aidan wasn't coming back, I don't feel the need for his character, but it looks like he is returning.

The rest of it looks fantastic and I can't wait!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aiden seems a bit like a spare part, now that his sister's storyline seems over and Takeda is dead.

They could introduce another of Takeda's revenge students.

Is Emilys's end goal still to take Victoria's kids away from her? Now that Patrick is on the scene, he will be her new target I suppose. Declan is gone so maybe Charlotte with have a lesser role. Hope her pregnancy isnt made into a big deal - Jack's already got enough to cope with, with motherless baby Carl and losing Declan, even without Emily's revelation and a new niece/nephew to come. He really is the tragic character, (a bit like Ronnie in Eastenders :mad:). Think Jack will team up with Emily and reignite their romance (even though he's a bit wet for me :rolleyes:)
    Forum Member
    I like Aiden but he does need a purpose to be in Season 3 though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One of the best things about Season 3 is that
    the Initiative will only be spoken about once in the Season 3 premiere and then never mentioned again.

I suppose the main question from the promo is
    who is Emily marrying? Daniel? Jack? Someone else?

More spoilers
    Season 3 will once again see Nolan take an interest in men, a fact that was confirmed by Revenge Executive Producers Aaron Harberts and Gretchen J. Berg during the 2013 TCAs.

“We cannot tell you who he’s going to be with, but it’s sort of a delicious reveal,” Aaron teased before noting that Nolan “uses some of Emily’s revenge-y techniques to learn more about his beau.”

But just because Nolan has seemingly gone back to romancing people of the same sex, doesn’t mean the lovable geek will be any luckier in love this time around. “Nolan always has trouble in love,” Aaron continued, “and this is no exception.”

And Nolan isn’t the only character going through a bit of a change as Season 3 kicks off. Daniel’s pregnant sister will also be undergoing a bit of an unexpected transformation. “We’re changing Charlotte’s look,” Aaron revealed. “She’s going to be a little more aggressive. She’s spent some time in Europe so she comes back with a more worldly attitude and you’re going to see this season that she shares a lot of DNA with [sister] Emily because she’s going to be doing a little revenging of her own.”

Could the expectant mom be on a mission to avenge her former beau and baby daddy Declan Porter’s death?
  • Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was disappointed Barry Sloane was returning, he's a good actor but I thought his character was one of the things wrong with season 2 (along with Padma and the Initiative) and he should have been written off.

But maybe they can work him in better without the Initiative storyline. Apparently...
    ...he's going to be sleeping with Victoria.

Which slightly makes me cringe, could be interesting.
    Forum Member
    The show is also airing in two halves as well. There's 12 episodes airing from September to December and then another 12 (I think) airing from March to May.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,182
    Forum Member
    I can't believe the new season is only a few weeks away. Major.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Will the setting shift away from the Hamptons now that Conrad is Governor?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Is he holding a card from the Southfork Inn I.e where Conrad's affair with Lydia toon place?
    Forum Member
    lovetochat wrote: »
    Is he holding a card from the Southfork Inn I.e where Conrad's affair with Lydia toon place?

I think so.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16
    Forum Member
    I must be the only one that actually likes Aiden. It just seems like the writers can't decide what direction they want to go with him.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I must be the only one that actually likes Aiden. It just seems like the writers can't decide what direction they want to go with him.

If the spoliers are to be believed, he's going to take a whole new direction! ;):o
    Forum Member
    Whole new direction?

Do tell us more, lol.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Will the setting shift away from the Hamptons now that Conrad is Governor?

No. The show will always be set over the summer time in the Hamptons.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Whole new direction?

Do tell us more, lol.

I meant he will be going in a different direction
    straight into Victorias bed :o
    Joe_Zel wrote: »
    No. The show will always be set over the summer time in the Hamptons.

But he will still be Governor in the summer and will still be living in the Governors mansion or wherever rather than his own summer residence? The rest of the characters will have their usual summer Hamptons stay, with the usual social events, but I wasn't sure if Conrad would still be a part of that.

Sorry for being a bit confused :o:p. Conrad is one of Emily's main targets, along with Victoria of course. Wasn't sure if him being away would affect things.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I meant he will be going in a different direction
    straight into Victorias bed :o

But he will still be Governor in the summer and will still be living in the Governors mansion or wherever rather than his own summer residence? The rest of the characters will have their usual summer Hamptons stay, with the usual social events, but I wasn't sure if Conrad would still be a part of that.

Sorry for being a bit confused :o:p. Conrad is one of Emily's main targets, along with Victoria of course. Wasn't sure if him being away would affect things.

Oh I see. I know the new showrunner did an interview where he mentioned that season 2 took the story out of the Hamptons a little too often so wanted to refocus on that community rather than straying too often into the city.

So, my guess is that Conrad spends the summer months running things from Grayson Manor or another residence.

Possibly. :D

I doubt it means he'll be featured less, they pretty much set him up as the ultimate villain for the show in the finale.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,035
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I love Aiden. I prefer him and Emily to Jack and Emily
    Forum Member
    I kind of do as well.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    More spoliers emerging. Most notably that Season 3 will start with
    a five-month time jump.

Which means that
    Victoria and Patrick will have had plenty of time for them to be re-acquainted with each other. At this point, it's unknown whether they will have a amicable or antagonistic relationship with each other.

Another benefit of the time-jump is that viewers won't have to see Charlotte deal with the aftermath of Declan's death. Plus, she will be nearing her third trimester of pregnancy. That is if she decided to go through with having the baby.

One disappointing aspect of the time jump is that Emily and Jack's journey to re-connect could be bypassed. Though, Revenge is a fan of flashbacks, so perhaps that time period won't be entirely skipped. Jack will be in a tough spot after Declan's death, Emily's reveal, and dealing with being a single parent. His answer: drinking too much.

Also it seems that despite earlier reports,
    Ashley Madekwe will be reprising her role of the manipulative and status hungry Ashley at least for the premiere episode when she shows up at Emily's party. Whether she will stick around longer or make return appearances hasn't been announced.
    Forum Member
    Some good spoilers there.
  • WolfGirl2WolfGirl2 Posts: 356
    Forum Member
    Well if you want spoilers I know a few
    Victoria and Patrick are extremely close their relationship is almost verging on incestuous and Patrick will apparentely do anything for mommy dearest. Charlotte will be more tough and independent she will be the person who points out to Daniel that the way Emily behaves is a bit odd and he will catch on to her more. Daniel will set up a magazine with some French woman from his past. Nolan will have another relationship with a man and he will use Emily's revenge skills to find out more about him my bet right now is Patrick. Don't worry about them skipping Jack and Emily reconnecting because Jack is still pissed with Emily and gives her an ultimatum to get her revenging done by the summer or he will reveal her identity. Don't know about you guys but I think it sounds really good!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cool! Looks like the new boss will get the show back on track after it lost its way in Season 2.

Still loved the Revenge of the week, as in Season 1, but all the peripheral targets are gone now so Emily really needs to focus on making a difference to the main targets. The Graysons haven't suffered enough!