Motorway Cops

Comments

• lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Caltonfan wrote: »
    the cop in the unmarked car was annoying, his assumption that the speeding car in front was trying to get away from him, hes in an unmarked car chances are they didnt know the police were behind them

I think there have been cases where people have exceeded the speed limit to get away from an unmarked police car and have been able to show they felt threatened though I seem to remember they drove to the nearest police station and had good reasons to feel threatened.
    The power to stop
    The Act states that the person stopping you must be a police officer in uniform or a traffic officer.

I have a feeling there is something also about 'marked police cars' but it then gets debatable whether a car with a couple of blue lights behind the radiator grill is a marked car.

Some of the drivers of unmarked police cars do seem to have odd standards, BBC1 Car Wars showed one chasing a stolen car at speed whilst the plain clothes driver had a mobile phone (not Airwave set) in each hand and was talking on each in turn.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 175
    Forum Member
    Grouty wrote: »
    Poor horse, RIP :(

:rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Muzski wrote: »
    Far, far too many images of the dead horses. Unnecessary, one image made the point.

At least we don't get similar shots of dead people as I suspect happens in some other countries and perhaps the more sensationalistic channels here would like to do if they were allowed.
  • cbe21okcbe21ok Posts: 3,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :( I could't watch it last night as i knew it involved horses. Shame as it is one of my fave programmes.
  • tinmantinman Posts: 3,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Had to fast forward through them bits.:(
  • StrakerStraker Posts: 79,567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love this show. Could watch it 24/7.

Dave showing some vintage Jess Rojek eps last week. Hubba.
  • tinmantinman Posts: 3,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Straker wrote: »
    Love this show. Could watch it 24/7.

Dave showing some vintage Jess Rojek eps last week. Hubba.

Now got hitched and called Jess Davies and up the duff so with that,i'm out.:(
  • Archie DukeArchie Duke Posts: 1,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Woeful organisation re the injured horse, no-one willing to take a decision to end the suffering of the horse, I know it doesn't happen very often but can't Cops do improvisation, you know, thinking on their feet , using the grey matter, has the book to be obeyed ALL the time ?

Find a cop with a gun, and do the deed for God's sake.
  • MuzskiMuzski Posts: 809
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Woeful organisation re the injured horse, no-one willing to take a decision to end the suffering of the horse, I know it doesn't happen very often but can't Cops do improvisation, you know, thinking on their feet , using the grey matter, has the book to be obeyed ALL the time ?

Find a cop with a gun, and do the deed for God's sake.

Heard about cops that took 38 shots to kill a cow. They weren't allowed to shoot it in the head in case the bullet ricocheted off of the skull - unfortunately this is not a wind up. Had to aim for its heart instead, seems none of them had a clue what they were doing!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Muzski wrote: »
    Heard about cops that took 38 shots to kill a cow. They weren't allowed to shoot it in the head in case the bullet ricocheted off of the skull - unfortunately this is not a wind up. Had to aim for its heart instead, seems none of them had a clue what they were doing!

An ex-police friend always says 'never trust a police officer with a gun', they will either shoot themselves in the foot trying quick draws or shoot a colleague playing with the guns.

And he is an ex-shooter himself!

Someone else I know is involved in a shooting group that used a MOD range. The range was used by the police for training and they got blamed a couple of times because of things the police had done - like putting a round through someone's garage outside the range which should be impossible if following proper range discipline.
  • keicarkeicar Posts: 2,082
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LostFool wrote: »
    I thought they handled it well. If they had left him alone they would have been blamed if anything had happened to him. If they had arrested him then that would involve a lot of paperwork, police time and would have been on his record.

Absolutely, and imagine the paperwork, suspensions and potential sackings if they had taken him home and he had choked on his own vomit.

By taking him to hospital they had exonerated themselves, a waste of police time, but necessary in these days of 'blame culture'
  • StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    Grouty wrote: »
    Poor horse, RIP :(
    Didn't a driver die too. Can't imagine what it would be like to come across such an accident.:(

That Student had to be watched - but he was getting on my nerves by the end.
  • hunter23hunter23 Posts: 3,097
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    did anyone see that weird truck driver who got pulled for using his phone record on his iphone while the police were questioning him?
  • kinetic747kinetic747 Posts: 1,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hunter23 wrote: »
    did anyone see that weird truck driver who got pulled for using his phone record on his iphone while the police were questioning him?

Yes I found that a bit odd as well. He was also extremely lucky to get off with a caution for using his mobile whilst driving his lorry.
  • hunter23hunter23 Posts: 3,097
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kinetic747 wrote: »
    Yes I found that a bit odd as well. He was also extremely lucky to get off with a caution for using his mobile whilst driving his lorry.

Was also odd that they allowed him to even use his phone while they were talking to him.
  • Syntax ErrorSyntax Error Posts: 27,735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is a real eye opening series.

It's scary to think of some of the idiots that we have to share the motorways with in the UK.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loved the behaviour of the bike nicking lout, his street cred ruined by being arrested and stuck in the back of the cop car, he was not pleased being clocked by the gawping bystanders so he felt a hysterical show of stroppiness was what was called for. Hilarious.

A bit of ritual humiliation ,when convicted the local hard men and thieves should be put in stocks in the local shopping centre of a Saturday morning.
  • cbe21okcbe21ok Posts: 3,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A right scumbag he was, on drugs as well i reckon.
  • StrakerStraker Posts: 79,567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tinman wrote: »
    Now got hitched and called Jess Davies and up the duff so with that,i'm out.:(

She should`ve teamed up with Gary Panther. Rojek and The Panther - Excellent name for a buddy cop show.

The Doncaster cretin last night was hilarious but we need to have him sterilised before he can breed. It`s probably too late though.....
  • GroutyGrouty Posts: 33,944
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stansfield wrote: »
    Didn't a driver die too. Can't imagine what it would be like to come across such an accident.:(

Ohh i don't know, if so, very sad, and RIP to those also, condolences to all family and friends :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The fat awful woman seemed to get away with everything even though a blind person with dark glasses on could see she was right old thieving slag so immersed in casual criminality that she finds it impossible to tell anything other than fat lies.
    The cops actually gave this waste of blood some sympathy, have they not been in the job long or something ?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,544
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loved the behaviour of the bike nicking lout, his street cred ruined by being arrested and stuck in the back of the cop car, he was not pleased being clocked by the gawping bystanders so he felt a hysterical show of stroppiness was what was called for. Hilarious.

A bit of ritual humiliation ,when convicted the local hard men and thieves should be put in stocks in the local shopping centre of a Saturday morning.

Maybe bringing back the stocks so we can toss rotten veg at em will humiliate the little gits enough
  • steviexsteviex Posts: 130,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why wasn't I surprised that the illegal immigrant was set free without one single charge and then allowed to disappear? He had already been deported twice!

The narrator even said that 80,000 people are deported every year, I find that hard to believe. :confused:

Our border controls are a complete joke! :mad:
  • StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member

I thought it was a Badge of Honour, getting arrested...as good as an ASBO.;)

I think I'd be ill if I was that Guy who got caught with the Drugs and Money....which I don't think was his.:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    steviex wrote: »
    Why wasn't I surprised that the illegal immigrant was set free without one single charge and then allowed to disappear? He had already been deported twice!

The narrator even said that 80,000 people are deported every year, I find that hard to believe. :confused:

Our border controls are a complete joke! :mad:

Yeah, when you enter other countries they take your fingerprints and mugshot.

Perhaps our Immigration should do the same so that when someone is deported Immigration will know immediately when that same deportee is trying to re-enter the UK.