James Arthur: "Kingsland Road make me cringe"

d56d56 Posts: 5,471
Forum Member
Who does he think he is?
I liked him on the show but he already thinks he is in some great position to judge talent, god help him if he ever has huge success. If anything he should be supportive of people on the show, having only gone through it himself last year.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s103/the-x-factor/news/a524183/james-arthur-x-factors-kingsland-road-make-me-cringe.html

Comments

• rbdcayrbdcay Posts: 12,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh James stop being a Hypocrite. You made me cringe (and practically vomit) through his whole series so you have nothing on earth to complain about. Honestly he is a mess.

Wait is his single out this week? Oooh that's your answer...idiot.
  • JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    I expected him to say something like this :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    his single is out Sunday remember ;)
  • BlueStreakBlueStreak Posts: 11,145
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rbdcay wrote: »
    Oh James stop being a Hypocrite. You made me cringe (and practically vomit) through his whole series so you have nothing on earth to complain about. Honestly he is a mess.

Wait is his single out this week? Oooh that's your answer...idiot.

Me too! I really can't understand why some folk rave over him.

:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BlueStreak wrote: »
    Me too! I really can't understand why some folk rave over him.

:)

It perplexes the mind. The thing I remember about him most was that he was always crouched over to pretend to show passion, but it looked like he was having a panic attack on stage. They called it passion, I called it bad acting.
  • earldbestearldbest Posts: 3,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe this is a ploy to get people to vote for KR
  • Fred E StarFred E Star Posts: 1,693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Had the misfortune of seeing him live at a couple of Festivals this Summer.
    He was truly awful, croaking his way through abysmal new material.
  • DandemDandem Posts: 13,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree with him.

I really don't like Kingsland Road.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 151
    Forum Member
    He's just giving his opinion, exactly the same as 100s of us do on internet forums every day.
  • _elly001_elly001 Posts: 11,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He's just giving his opinion, exactly the same as 100s of us do on internet forums every day.

And yet when people give their opinion on James Arthur, he has a big wobbly about it and slags them off. That's the main issue here.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Still no excuse for him being an arse.
  • LandslideBradLandslideBrad Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    His apology was odd...
    "Yes I respect Kingsland avenue, 1d, the wanted, Union j etc same as I respect anyone putting themselves out there.."

"Sorry if it's not necessarily my thing musically or if I think some of it is imposed on us.. Sorry if that means I have a massive head lol"

"What ya gunna do about it? Shoot me? Make my day.. Someone who practically brought me up/ a dear relative of mine just died!"

"There's more f**king important things in life than boybands I'm afraid"

"F**k off"
  • my name is joemy name is joe Posts: 4,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    His apology was odd...

it's not an apology and nor should he make one
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Uh-oh, Free Thinker Alert! If his songs don't sell he will be in trouble.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The free thinker:rolleyes: has deleted the tweets:p
  • meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,104
    Forum Member
    Someone should tell him that twitter is not his friend and sometimes it's best to maintain a dignified silence.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The free thinker:rolleyes: has deleted the tweets:p

Easy come easy go
  • ShenaeBShenaeB Posts: 108
    Forum Member
    They make me cringe aswell.
  • johartukjohartuk Posts: 11,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Two major differences:-

1) James Arthur is a former X-Factor contestant/winner

2) When he expresses his opinion, it ends up in the media (whether by accident or design) or if it's a tweet, it soon becomes retweeted all over the place and discussed on other sites/forums
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member
    I like James as a musician but the more he talks about how credible other artists are, it makes me dislike him.

Why is he so bothered about Kingsland Road and One Direction anyway, like literally they're not even the same music so they're not really his competition, I don't get how he seemms to have suddenly changed his mind over One Direction now...awkward.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    His apology was odd...
    "Yes I respect Kingsland avenue, 1d, the wanted, Union j etc same as I respect anyone putting themselves out there.."

"Sorry if it's not necessarily my thing musically or if I think some of it is imposed on us.. Sorry if that means I have a massive head lol"

"What ya gunna do about it? Shoot me? Make my day.. Someone who practically brought me up/ a dear relative of mine just died!"

"There's more f**king important things in life than boybands I'm afraid"

"F**k off"

Good Lord he just digs a deeper whole. Eloquence is not his strong point. Honestly as much as I sympathise with his grief, that is no reason for acting like an arse. I am sorry but honestly he is a stupid, silly little boy. Petulant much James?
  • _elly001_elly001 Posts: 11,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One day, James Arthur will slag off Jake Bugg, or Jake Bugg will slag off James Arthur, and God will simply shake his head and destroy planet Earth, because mankind will have reached its lowest possible nadir. :(
  • bitchboybluebitchboyblue Posts: 2,774
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He is asked his opinion on things in interview, and gives an honest answer. I quite like the fact he doesnt come across as hellishly over media trained. I may not always agree with him (indeed his constant swearing at birmingham fusion festival - a family festival, was embarrassing), but better him than Leona 'amazing' Lewis.
  • mariannermarianner Posts: 11,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh dear me, I think Im beginning to like him :p:eek::o

Its might be just to hype them but I feel the same way about them...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    _elly001 wrote: »
    One day, James Arthur will slag off Jake Bugg, or Jake Bugg will slag off James Arthur, and God will simply shake his head and destroy planet Earth, because mankind will have reached its lowest possible nadir. :(

LOL...you sir are a kindred spirit. I see this happening also I wish they would both put us all out of misery now and go and be self-sustaining in some cabin in the woods in the middle of nowhere and make their sweet music.