Ball boy assault or feigning injury? - League Cup

Comments

• alanrollinsalanrollins Posts: 3,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The point is he kicked out recklessly hence a derserved red card and 3 match ban.

It doesn't however constitute a violent assault. This is where it gets ridiculous.
  • Cantona07Cantona07 Posts: 56,910
    Forum Member
    This incident is only as big as the media and public want to make it.

Its actually been completely resolved, so while its fine to discuss it of course, theres no need for further action.

Ball boy was in the wrong he got a boot in the ribs for his trouble and had to apologise.

Hazard was in the wrong he got a red card and (hopefully) a standard ban for his trouble and had to apologise.

Both parties accepted the others apologies.

That should be the close of the matter. Sometimes people make errors and act in the heat of the moment but that doesnt automatically mean there has to be an international incident no matter how much the media want there to be. The initial tweet aside both clubs seem to have dealt with it pretty well, especially Bentiez and Laudrup in the post match TV interview when it would have been dead easy to make the situation worse.
  • Department_SDepartment_S Posts: 4,918
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cantona07 wrote: »
    but that doesnt automatically mean there has to be an international incident no matter how much the media want there to be. The initial tweet aside both clubs seem to have dealt with it pretty well, especially Bentiez and Laudrup in the post match TV interview when it would have been dead easy to make the situation worse.

Says the man whose moniker represents the idol whose actions on a pitch in South London reverberated around the globe.
    ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 224
    Forum Member
    The point is he kicked out recklessly hence a derserved red card and 3 match ban.

It doesn't however constitute a violent assault. This is where it gets ridiculous.

is that double dutch or what !!!
  • Department_SDepartment_S Posts: 4,918
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Osusana wrote: »
    It is reported this morning that the ball boy/man has made no complaint after being interviewed by the police.

He's actually apologised.
  • swaydogswaydog Posts: 5,653
    Forum Member
    Daybreak have sent their reporter to the ball boys house.

"the ballboy appeared to be writhing in agony"

FFS.

& there headline banner was
    ATTACK ON BALLBALL

FFS
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 224
    Forum Member
    Maybe the plod will be keeping an eye open for 17 yr old "King of the Ballboys" Charlie Morgan now that his drunken evening escapades have been made public knowledge on twitter ........

.........nice car

http://twitter.com/lukethomasbrown/status/294073746858323969/photo/1
  • Agent KrycekAgent Krycek Posts: 39,269
    Forum Member
    Cantona07 wrote: »
    This incident is only as big as the media and public want to make it.

Its actually been completely resolved, so while its fine to discuss it of course, theres no need for further action.

Ball boy was in the wrong he got a boot in the ribs for his trouble and had to apologise.

Hazard was in the wrong he got a red card and (hopefully) a standard ban for his trouble and had to apologise.

Both parties accepted the others apologies.

That should be the close of the matter. Sometimes people make errors and act in the heat of the moment but that doesnt automatically mean there has to be an international incident no matter how much the media want there to be. The initial tweet aside both clubs seem to have dealt with it pretty well, especially Bentiez and Laudrup in the post match TV interview when it would have been dead easy to make the situation worse.

^^^^ This :)
  • Andy2Andy2 Posts: 11,942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The stupid ball boy deserved a good kicking imo. He tried to keep the ball out of play for as long as possible in an attempt to influence the result.
    He was the one who deserved the red card.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is the ballboy within the referees jurisdiction?

I would doubt it, but it would be a good idea to make the change. I appreciate the ref might have a lot on his plate in a cup tie situation where one team is trying desperately to get a breakthrough, but I would also think that it would be fairly obvious if intervention was needed with the ballboys.
  • alanrollinsalanrollins Posts: 3,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    is that double dutch or what !!!

The double Dutch seems to be coming from you.
    They are two totally seperate definable acts. Kicking out recklessly is certain not an automatic instance of violent assault.
  • shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Andy2 wrote: »
    The stupid ball boy deserved a good kicking imo. He tried to keep the ball out of play for as long as possible in an attempt to influence the result.
    He was the one who deserved the red card.

You're on a wind-up, aren't you? Please tell me you're on a wind-up?
  • celesticelesti Posts: 25,897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dub2 wrote: »
    It still doesn`t excuse a millionaire soccer player kicking him in the stomach though.

In what possible world does Hazard's salary have any relevance? You're getting increasingly ridiculous with this, as shown by:
    Dub2 wrote: »
    Chelsea fans would have been supporting Jimmy Saville if he was an employee of Abramovich.

So is this just an anti-Chelsea thing for you?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    shelleyj89 wrote: »
    You're on a wind-up, aren't you? Please tell me you're on a wind-up?

No, not at all. He was cheating and deserved a kicking. Apparently he Tweeted before the match that he would do this if given the chance. So he planned his cheating before the match. And he is a seventeen year old, not a 'little boy' as some have tried to portray him.
  • shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Andy2 wrote: »
    No, not at all. He was cheating and deserved a kicking.

Wow. So if a Swansea player had kicked Ba in the first half after he dived, as that is cheating, that would have been ok too?
  • codebluecodeblue Posts: 14,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jenzie wrote: »
    IRRELEVANT whether the ball boy was "wasting time" or whatever ..... as a professional eden hazard should have known better!

a BLATANT KICK to the boy's ribs!

despicable actions :mad:

are you actually saying that hazard kicked out at this person deliberately?

If so, i think you should contact the police, and your lawyer as you may need one.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    shelleyj89 wrote: »
    Wow. So if a Swansea player had kicked Ba in the first half after he dived, as that is cheating, that would have been ok too?

No - a player can be red-carded for diving. That's his punishment. A ball boy cannot be given a red card, so another punishment was in order. Actually I reckon the player was just trying to kick the ball out of the ball boy's clutches.
    If the player had not kicked him, the ball boy's cheating would have gone unremarked and he would have got clean away with his unsportsmanlike behaviour.
  • seelleeseellee Posts: 10,658
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    codeblue wrote: »

If so, i think you should contact the police, and your lawyer as you may need one.

Yep because Eden Hazard reads ds and is going to definitely take action against anyone who said this!

It's their opinion. They are entitled to it.
  • codebluecodeblue Posts: 14,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Im not loving the headline in the daily mail

"Football's fresh shame: Shocking moment £170,000-a-week Chelsea star kicked time-wasting BALLBOY, 17, in the ribs"

I love the way they try and guess the wages of the player, without saying that the family of the official ball-retriever probably has more money than Hazard!

Anyway, here is the pic that accompanies the story on the front page:

http://i.mol.im/i/pix/2013/01/24/article-2267276-171F25E8000005DC-58_308x401.jpg

Somehow it is a still that seems to show Hazard stamping on the head of the official!

It looks like the Leveson inquiry has taught our media absolutely nothing.
  • iMrAn_666iMrAn_666 Posts: 106
    Forum Member
    codeblue wrote: »

He did and I think he wanted to kill the poor little ball boy.
  • HeavenlyHeavenly Posts: 31,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow, I was dreading coming on here but this thread isn't as bad as I thought it was, common sense does indeed prevail it seems!

First of all, I would like to congratulate Swansea on getting to the final, well deserved, we deserved absolutely nothing out of the game.

Right, Eden Hazard.

The red card was justified

The ball boy was an annoying little sod, I know ball boys are probably told not to rush back with the ball if they are winning, but hiding it and then rolling around and signalling the ref...stopping...and then rolling around again...it make me chuckle a bit watching it, cheeky little sod!

Going on what I have seen of Eden Hazard since he has joined Chelsea, he has shown no signs of being an aggressive player, he was frustrated and wanted that ball back, but it was idiotic and there was only going to be one outcome.

Good to see ball boy and dad were invited to dressing room, apologies were made, no-one is taking anything further.

But seriously, some of the things I heard last night on Talksport (I know, my fault!) and twitter...you would have thought Operation Yewtree was involved. I know it's because it's Chelsea it gets amplified, I get that, but to say and print a grown man has abused a child...brutality....assault etc....is just not on.
  • celesticelesti Posts: 25,897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bringing up his salary is the usual spin, but prompts the question whether it would suddenly be ok if it was a part-time non-league player who did it? If not it's the usual 'aren't professional footballers all terrible, with their money and cars'
  • alan29alan29 Posts: 34,612
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    New FA Campaign alert .....
    Kick Children out of Football.
    I thank you.
  • ElyanElyan Posts: 8,781
    Forum Member
    The ball boy has made himself look like a right idiot. Rolling around and grimacing like a girl after a little tap in the ribs.

As for Hazard - the only thing he did wrong was to do it in front of so many people. If it was done with let's say an apprentice on the training pitch nobody would be saying anything.