whats your favourite mobile phone you have had?

big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,152
Forum Member
✭✭
what is your best phone that you have ever had?

for me it has to be the nokia n95 as this was the first real next generation phones i had, loved it and if nokia were to bring something similar out today id snap it up.

i also had a phone that had a scrole/dial at the side that you had to scroll up and down to access different parts of the menu but i cant for the life of me remeber what it was, it was tallish.also anyone know what this is called?

whats yours?

Comments

• PencilPencil Posts: 5,700
    Forum Member
    The Nokia 3210 was very special to me.

I was 16 at the time and I had saved up £130 for a new phone. I visited the Virgin Megastore with my dad and it was £149.99. I was blown away by how stylish it was and amazed it had no aerial. My dad lent me the money to buy it and I don't remember ever being so excited.

I remember showing my friends at school and the jealous looks on their faces. At the time, it was rare for someone that age to even own a mobile phone.

In 2001, I took it to Gran Canaria and was amazed to receive a phone call from a friend on an isolated dusty road.

I spent most of my teen years playing Snake on that phone. :o

I still own it and thanks to X-press on covers, it looks as good as the day I bought it and it works perfectly - unlike the iPhone 3GS I bought in 2009, which is slow and scratched.
  • John_PatrickJohn_Patrick Posts: 924
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nokia 6150 as it was my first company issued mobile I had issued in 2000.
  • Anika HansonAnika Hanson Posts: 15,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    iPhone 4.
  • Darth-HabibDarth-Habib Posts: 466
    Forum Member
    For sheer coolness and breaking the mould, I loved my v3.
  • toyotacitytoyotacity Posts: 762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nokia 8310, the white backlight, the skiing game I got mine on one2one but had the cover with the greyish keypad, so bought the official nokia case with the red keypad the same as this one

http://www.mymobiles.com/phones/nokia/8310

Sony Ericsson w880i, saw it in Cologne, so when I got back, I upgraded to it, had a 1gb card in and used it for all my music, and had a flash theme called City Beat, which moved in sync to the music

http://themes.mob.org/gallery/110494
  • Mr DangerousMr Dangerous Posts: 902
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My favorite was the Nokia 5140i, it was a tough phone and at the time there were very few robust phones like this on the market.

I old Nokia broke, so I went to the O2 shop and asked them about a phone that was drop-proof and they sold me this Nokia 5140i which cost me £10 because of my tariff. It became my favorite phone because of MP3 ringtones and a few features that the old phone didn't have. After many years of use it started to play up, the ringtone was faulty and the vibrate packed up so the phone was not much use to me. Apart from the keyboard it looked brand new because of the robust case and I still have it.
  • timmoncastertimmoncaster Posts: 69
    Forum Member
    The Sony Ericsson W880i it was so small and just slipped in the pocket. The buttons were so small but never had a problem. I had the gold colour one my other best one was the Sony J70e it had a jog dial on the side. I love that phone.
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    My current one (Samsung Galaxy Ace 2). No other phone I've had compares to that.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My Nokia 3310 I had back in the early 2000s. I loved it, battery lasted days and it would survive a nuclear war.
  • Step666Step666 Posts: 1,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I still have something of a soft-spot for my old Neonode N1m.
    Far ahead of it's time IMO, sadly it was a company whose ideas far outweighed it's ability to fulfil them.
  • alan1302alan1302 Posts: 6,336
    Forum Member
    Sony Ericsson K800i - all round good phone with a great screen and the best version of mini golf ever!
  • Mr DangerousMr Dangerous Posts: 902
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My Nokia 3310 I had back in the early 2000s. I loved it, battery lasted days and it would survive a nuclear war.

Still got mine, still looks new...also got my old 3210, thing is I can't remember why I changed phones....:confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 75
    Forum Member
    my favourite is the nokia lumia 610. honestly the best phone. it's a reasonable price and has great features like battery life, just a nice phone to me.
  • Anika HansonAnika Hanson Posts: 15,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    alan1302 wrote: »
    Sony Ericsson K800i - all round good phone with a great screen and the best version of mini golf ever!

I loved Sony Ericsson back in the day. From 2002-2007 I used these phones, I had a new one each year. Ironically the last Sony Ericsson phone I had was the k800i. It had a great camera for its time. Other favourites were the t68i and the p900.
  • gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,708
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I lived with my trusted se w810i up til about 4 months ago before caving and getting a smartphone. Not sure how I survived now to be honest. Just tried it again and it 1-1.5" screen now looks odd. However it still works well despite numerous batterings and battery lasted like a week.

This phone; s3mini, is pretty damned good despite bad press it gets around here. Havent found an app I need or wanted to use that doesnt run well on it....and I use it for everything. Its replaced my computer access.
  • GormondGormond Posts: 15,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's a choice of three really:

Nokia 3210, it was my first mobile phone so at the time it was amazing.

Nokia 6600, my first smart phone, it even had an IR blaster :D

Apple iPhone 3G, everything I had previous to that seemed terrible in comparison.
  • IvanIVIvanIV Posts: 30,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lumia 920
  • KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blackberry Bold 9000.
  • big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,152
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    what is your best phone that you have ever had?

for me it has to be the nokia n95 as this was the first real next generation phones i had, loved it and if nokia were to bring something similar out today id snap it up.

i also had a phone that had a scrole/dial at the side that you had to scroll up and down to access different parts of the menu but i cant for the life of me remeber what it was, it was tallish.also anyone know what this is called?

whats yours?

anyone have any idea what this one was?
  • npah3npah3 Posts: 136
    Forum Member
    I loved, and still have, my Sony Z5. It was small, stylish and different. Also had a scroll wheel on the side for menus.

Though the best was my candybar K810i, best camera of its day and still out performs all phone cameras I've had so far.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Sounds like the jog dial found on the Sony Clié, maybe a PEG-S300 or S320, something like that.

Have a look at all the Sony phones that used a jog dial and you will probably find it.
  • BagovBagov Posts: 142
    Forum Member

Sony had some phones with a scroll wheel at the side.I had a J70. (This was before the Sony-Ericsson hookup)It worked really well, and had great build quality.

http://www.gsmarena.com/sony_cmd_j70-280.php
  • Chairman___MeowChairman___Meow Posts: 414
    Forum Member
    My current one: HTC One.

Before that it would be the iPhone 4s. I much preferred the glass back to the 5.
  • MinardiMinardi Posts: 503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nokia N95 8GB. First phone I had which did everything, Had it three years and only killed it by accidently burying it. Had it through my last two years of Uni, basically did everything on it. First proper convergence device I had. Navigation, maps, music, camera, web, podcasts. Nothing I've owned since has done everything so well, given the time I owned it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Minardi wrote: »
    Nokia N95 8GB. First phone I had which did everything, Had it three years and only killed it by accidently burying it. Had it through my last two years of Uni, basically did everything on it. First proper convergence device I had. Navigation, maps, music, camera, web, podcasts. Nothing I've owned since has done everything so well, given the time I owned it.

The N95 8Gb wasn't one of my favourite phones but I did like the speakers on it, they were excellent.