World Wrestling Entertainment Discussion XXV (Spoilers)

steven1977steven1977 Posts: 3,968
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Gwm101 wrote: »
My God, that was a really arrogant, obnoxious promo from Cena to close the show...

"Face me to get respect, because I am the best and it will be the defining moment of your career"

hmmmm...doesn't really work like that, Cena. You lost fair and square at Summerslam and you've done nothing to earn a title shot...

I know it's not the guy's fault, it's creative's. They aren't even trying anymore.

This thread is a continuation of: http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1695317

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 126
    Forum Member
    let's face it, creative are scared to let cenas star fade in favour of ANYONE else.. they constantly have to keep him in the main event picture, i really don't care for Punk/Cena again.. there must be another opponent...surely... the worrying thing is, they don't seem to care that putting cena against punk will continue the boo's for Cena.. as a face.. that's bad for the company, surely they should be moving with it.. Cena could be huge as a heel.. still acting like the poster boy etc.. but i guess they're scared that it would affect merch sales or something..
  • steven1977steven1977 Posts: 3,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    let's face it, creative are scared to let cenas star fade in favour of ANYONE else.. they constantly have to keep him in the main event picture, i really don't care for Punk/Cena again.. there must be another opponent...surely... the worrying thing is, they don't seem to care that putting cena against punk will continue the boo's for Cena.. as a face.. that's bad for the company, surely they should be moving with it.. Cena could be huge as a heel.. still acting like the poster boy etc.. but i guess they're scared that it would affect merch sales or something..

They are in Cena's hometown at Night of Champions so naturally they want Cena to get the title shot.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    New advertisements for upcoming SmackDown live events have Randy Orton booked with Sheamus and Alberto Del Rio in three-way matches. With the exception of the period where he's away shooting 12 Rounds: Reloaded, Orton will remain in the main event picture.

Wrestling legend The Great Muta pitched the idea to team with Ric Flair for a September 23rd All Japan Pro Wrestling show. The sides couldn't come to financial terms because of the state that All Japan is currently in. The most they were willing to offer for the match was $15,000.

Expect Santino Marella to get his rematch for the WWE United States Title against Antonio Cesaro at Night of Champions. No word yet what the Intercontinental Title match will be but the rest of the title matches look to be CM Punk vs. John Cena for the WWE Title, Sheamus vs. Alberto Del Rio for the World Heavyweight Title, Kaitlyn vs. Layla for the Divas Title and a four-way Tag Team Title match with Kofi Kingston & R-Truth vs. The Usos vs. Primo & Epico vs. Titus O'Neil & Darren Young.
  • KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just wish we got a WWE Television Championship where the champion had to defend it every week on TV. It would bring some interest if the guy was defending it on every SD and Raw.

You could do that with the pre-existing mid card championships.

Maybe every Raw the Intercontinental Championship has to be defended and every Smackdown the US Title has to be defended.
  • Super Dog ManSuper Dog Man Posts: 4,810
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cena already is a heel.

You have those who pay good money to watch him get beat up and to boo him. The perfect mix for WWE as they get those to boo him and the kids / Cena fans to cheer him.

Your never going to get Cena going full heel, he is way too over with the kids.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cena already is a heel.

You have those who pay good money to watch him get beat up and to boo him. The perfect mix for WWE as they get those to boo him and the kids / Cena fans to cheer him.

Your never going to get Cena going full heel, he is way too over with the kids.

Its the fans fault they wont cheer for him even though they are supposed to cheer him. I dont see why WWE doesnt just pipe Cena chants throughout every single televised and PPV match.
  • vampirekvampirek Posts: 4,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Question about Night of Champions, if it is promoted as every WWE title being on the line... surely even the NxT title should be defended then? Would make for a good free show to start the event.
  • QWERTYOPQWERTYOP Posts: 6,878
    Forum Member
    wwe.com are currently running a "10 former superstars who Heath Slater could beat" feature. That guy is so f*cking buried!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    QWERTYOP wrote: »
    wwe.com are currently running a "10 former superstars who Heath Slater could beat" feature. That guy is so f*cking buried!

It's got him noticed though, despite the burial :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    QWERTYOP wrote: »

If he was to be buried wouldnt he have lost to Doink?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,505
    Forum Member
    Oohh, new thread, the 25th, it took 5 weeks to finish last one.

25th SummerSlam, 26th annual Survivor Series on Nov 18th. Anybody planning on going? Any ideas on a possible ME card makeup?
  • QWERTYOPQWERTYOP Posts: 6,878
    Forum Member
    steven1977 wrote: »
    If he was to be buried wouldnt he have lost to Doink?

Obviously the next step after beating the Brooklyn brawler in face paint is a WWE title match... ;)
  • Steveaustin316Steveaustin316 Posts: 15,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Instead of a 3 hour Raw, would it be a good idea for WWE to air Superstars at 8pm prior to a 2 hour Raw from 9pm?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just to throwback to the previous conversation about bad entrance music - I'd just like to add the Mean Street Posse to it. It's not terrible/weird in the way the others were but it's so boring.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,055
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So Josh Mathews will not be on SmackDown tomorrow https://twitter.com/wwejoshmathews/status/238067565388242944
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    howabout90 wrote: »
    So Josh Mathews will not be on SmackDown tomorrow https://twitter.com/wwejoshmathews/status/238067565388242944

Teddy Long is on commentary with Cole.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,055
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KieranDS wrote: »

Thanks for that :)
  • OminousGloryOminousGlory Posts: 5,019
    Forum Member

"This should be a tag team match, with THA UNDERTAKER and THA VIPER Randy Orton, holla holla!"
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 347
    Forum Member
    You guys really do make me laugh with all this 'burial' talk.
  • Steveaustin316Steveaustin316 Posts: 15,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    13 years ago today since HHH won his first WWE Title.

http://youtu.be/8pEF9CAB87g
  • vampirekvampirek Posts: 4,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

He isn't the only one...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    13 years ago today since HHH won his first WWE Title.

http://youtu.be/8pEF9CAB87g

I remember watching this one and being really annoyed yet again Mick Foley got ripped off of a lengthy title reign.
  • ags_ruleags_rule Posts: 19,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    steven1977 wrote: »
    I remember watching this one and being really annoyed yet again Mick Foley got ripped off of a lengthy title reign.

No one in the Attitude Era had particularly lengthy title reigns though. I loved it when HHH held the title because it was all the sweeter when he lost it :D

Backlash 2000 - greatest title change of ALL TIME!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 268
    Forum Member
    Look at this poster they are using for Hell In A Cell in October:
    http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/309277_381056908630246_1587905629_n.jpg
    How cool does that look?
  • pembo2004pembo2004 Posts: 4,096
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    have anyone noticed repeat of raw is just 2 hours long?
This discussion has been closed.