Sonic All - Star Racing

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,012
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Bought it this morning. Seriously good fun has anybody else played it?. Makes me wish I had a good Internet connection so I can play online

Comments

• 2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    Very good game. Controls could be better during the flying sections but overall it's a really solid title. Outside of all the Sega fan service and superb stages/music I'm not quite sure I prefer it to the original game though, they're both very different to each other.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 644
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Brilliant game but rarely find a match online so gave up.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,012
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very good game. Controls could be better during the flying sections but overall it's a really solid title. Outside of all the Sega fan service and superb stages/music I'm not quite sure I prefer it to the original game though, they're both very different to each other.
    Original game?.
  • RobertfitzRobertfitz Posts: 2,732
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TOONARMY12 wrote: »
    Original game?.

I think the poster you quoted meant Sonic All-stars racing transformed. The sequel to the first game
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Robertfitz wrote: »
    I think the poster you quoted meant Sonic All-stars racing transformed. The sequel to the first game
    Yeah Im on about that game just shortned the title. So the first games better?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone have any tips for the Drift challenges?. Finding them bloody impossible. I can just about do the Rings Challenges on Easy. I think I need 2 stars on Scorching Skies to unlock a new character.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 267
    Forum Member
    The drift challenges can be a bugger for sure. I would steer clear from any car that likes tight corners I went for the guy from crazy taxi ... for some reason he drifted like a mo fo

But honestly you think those are bad wait until you try the traffic challenges on a harder setting :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The drift challenges can be a bugger for sure. I would steer clear from any car that likes tight corners I went for the guy from crazy taxi ... for some reason he drifted like a mo fo

But honestly you think those are bad wait until you try the traffic challenges on a harder setting :D
    I actually enjoy the traffic challenges. Was playing one on medium and I missed the final checkpoint by 1 second :mad:. So which character do you reccomend for drift?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 267
    Forum Member
    Well I'm using the guy from crazy taxi ... I forget his name with a balanced set up ...

But honestly once you rank up the characters a bit more they are all much of a muchness
  • Lisa.JLisa.J Posts: 1,919
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looking forward to playing this, just bought this morning from Zavvi - £14.98
  • DavonatorDavonator Posts: 4,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah its a great game, bought it on the cheap thinking it will be a fun above average title....But it's great, I think its better than Mario Kart Wii was. So many fun challenges and beautifully designed levels. Some epic fan service too, including some more obscure games represented. A must buy for Sega fans.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can anyone reccomend any other good Sonic titles for the PS3. Have heard there are some really shit ones so obviously wanna avoid them.
  • RobertfitzRobertfitz Posts: 2,732
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can anyone reccomend any other good Sonic titles for the PS3. Have heard there are some really shit ones so obviously wanna avoid them.

Sonic generations is the only game worth playing
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Recently played Generations on 360 fantastic game recommend without a doubt fairly cheap as well.
    Forum Member
    Yeah Im on about that game just shortned the title. So the first games better?

Yeah kind of, the karts feel completely different, not so stuff and more responsive. The game has a better framerate so it feels smoother to play. It seems to be more of a traditional Kart game where as Transformed is a bit more than just that. It depends what you like, some additional characters didn't make the cut in Transformed either like Ryo Hazuki and Banjo Kazooie, in fact quite a few.
  • Ash_735Ash_735 Posts: 8,493
    Forum Member
    some additional characters didn't make the cut in Transformed either like Ryo Hazuki and Banjo Kazooie, in fact quite a few.

Banjo Kazooie is not a SEGA character and was only an xbox 360 exclusive character, TOONARMY is asking about PS3, so that version doesn't have Banjo Kazooie in it.

Also yeah, if you enjoyed the second one, give the first one a try to, plenty of challenges (300 missions) and a bit of a better line up of characters IMO.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah kind of, the karts feel completely different, not so stuff and more responsive. The game has a better framerate so it feels smoother to play. It seems to be more of a traditional Kart game where as Transformed is a bit more than just that. It depends what you like, some additional characters didn't make the cut in Transformed either like Ryo Hazuki and Banjo Kazooie, in fact quite a few.

Extra characters are apparently going to be added as dlc, they did a vote on the official forums, with the proviso that the top few would be top of the priority list for DLC.

The voting closed at

-Ryo Hazuki: 3295
    -Hatsune Miku: 3161
    -Segata Sanshiro: 2605
    -Vectorman: 1217
    -Bayonetta: 1211
    -Ristar: 1077
    -ToeJam & Earl: 993
    -Billy Hatcher: 687
    -Axel Stone: 581
    -Blaze Fielding: 527
    -Phantom R: 472
    -Selvaria Bles: 456
    -Alis Landale: 447
    -Sakura Shinguuji: 366
    -Welkin Gunther: 366
    -Ash: 331
    -Opa-Opa: 329
    -Kazuma Kiryu: 306
    -Arle Nadja: 304
    -Sketch Turner: 303
    -The Chu Chus: 272
    -Space Harrier: 253
    -Bonanza Bros: 229
    -Spiral Knight: 183
    -Amitie: 161
    -Rag Rappy: 158
    -Ecco: 123
    -Jacky Bryant: 118
    Forum Member
    Ah yes, of course I forgot about that. Should be good, so many votes for Bayonetta and Hatsune Miku though! I don't personally associate either with Sega and are so far from "all star" status, great to see Vectorman so high though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ah yes, of course I forgot about that. Should be good, so many votes for Bayonetta and Hatsune Miku though! I don't personally associate either with Sega and are so far from "all star" status, great to see Vectorman so high though.

I get the feeling it was mainly the East Asian fans that voted for her, I don't think western audiences have any real affection for that character. Unfortunately the fact that this game is readily available for £15 seems to suggest to me it didn't sell that great, so those thinking there's going to be loads of extra characters released I think are going to be dissaponted
  • beemohbeemoh Posts: 7,073
    Forum Member
    Davonator wrote: »
    I get the feeling it was mainly the East Asian fans that voted for her, I don't think western audiences have any real affection for that character.

Hatsune (and indeed, Vocaloid) does have a pretty stong following amongst western Japanophiles- and they are the sort of people who are not only more likely to find a poll like that one, but also mobilize more broadly than people who remember some random 80's arcade game or play another free-to-play also-ran.

It's the same reason that street in Derby(?) wound up being called "Lara Croft Lane" by a landslide.
  • RingoJ739KRingoJ739K Posts: 23,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a great game. It has some good fan service, good tracks and it can pretty fun. The World Tour Mode can get a bit fustrating sometimes but it's still a good sequel. However I think the All Star moves are a bit weak comapred to the first game.

Personally, I think Sonic Unleashed and Sonic Generations are good Sonic titles. However the story in Generations is pretty weak (Just my opinion).
  • The TerminatorThe Terminator Posts: 5,312
    Forum Member
    As compared to the strong stories of the other games? :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Which one is better the 1st or the sequel.