Pixie Lott to replace Tulisa ???

Barry_ClarkeBarry_Clarke Posts: 2,683
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I think Pixie would be a really good replacement for Tulisa, she is a singer songwriter, has a nice personality, and seems very genuine. She has had 3 number 1's in the UK and is still only 22. She has been nominated for 5 Brit Awards, won 2 MTV Europe Music Awards. Turn it up achieved 5 top 20 hits and Young Foolish Happy achieved 3 consecutive top 10 hits. She has also had duets with John Legend and Stevie Wonder. She may not be a huge international star, however I think she could have that caring side which would be nice to have on the panel.

Do you think she would make a good replacement ?

Comments

• Andrew_DuncanAndrew_Duncan Posts: 1,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In an word, no.

She's very boring & probably wouldn't do anything of interest. I think she's on her way out as well because her last album pretty much tanked and the singles may have peaked high but they fell like rocks, except for All About Tonight which considering the amount promotion and airplay it under-performed also. She seems like she'd say yes to almost everyone because she doesn't want to horrible and I'm not here for that. I wasn't someone with a bit of oomph.
  • Barry_ClarkeBarry_Clarke Posts: 2,683
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In an word, no.

She's very boring & probably wouldn't do anything of interest. I think she's on her way out as well because her last album pretty much tanked and the singles may have peaked high but they fell like rocks, except for All About Tonight which considering the amount promotion and airplay it under-performed also. She seems like she'd say yes to almost everyone because she doesn't want to horrible and I'm not here for that. I wasn't someone with a bit of oomph.

Being a guest judge you don't really have to or want to be very critical of the acts, unless your Mel B, who I also loved. I think when you are in that environment permanently that is when you become competitive and you have to look for a real star. We saw very little of her at that time to really know, I think she is someone who the average viewer would warm 2, the lads will like her cause she is a good looking girl, and the girls would look up to her.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Being a guest judge you don't really have to or want to be very critical of the acts, unless your Mel B, who I also loved. I think when you are in that environment permanently that is when you become competitive and you have to look for a real star. We saw very little of her at that time to really know, I think she is someone who the average viewer would warm 2, the lads will like her cause she is a good looking girl, and the girls would look up to her.

She just doesn't cut it for me. It's a no from me.:)
  • PJ RiverPJ River Posts: 1,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In an word, no.

Absolutely. She's VERY boring. She has the charisma of a pen.
  • misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not her biggest fan anyway but I don't think I'd take to her as a judge either. She doesn't strike me as very interesting, and I don't think she'd bring anything different to the panel. To me, she's a bit... insipid :o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 700
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's a no from me.:)

... said in the voice of Mel B!:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PJ River wrote: »
    Absolutely. She's VERY boring. She has the charisma of a pen.

Exactly!
    ablahh wrote: »
    ... said in the voice of Mel B!:D

LOL!
  • LW09LW09 Posts: 3,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

If you can get the job then why would you want to just sit there? It can do wonders for your profile, Nicole Scherzinger would be nothing had it not been for her initial guest judge stint back in 2010. There was also Katy Perry that year too who went down well.

Part of the reason last years guest judges flopped was that because they were all rubbish, Mel B aside, and we haven't seen or heard anything of any of them since (other than Nicole who got the job by default).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member
    I don't mind Pixie but I'd prefer an older female judge, maybe...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am reminded of her ability to fold after Louis demanded she give some no-hoper a 'tes' after originally saying no to him when she guest judged a couple of years ago.

On that basis I say no.

Go with Rita Ora instead. :)
  • _elly001_elly001 Posts: 11,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't take her seriously because she's called Pixie. Also, she reminds me too much of Katie Waissel. It's a no from me.

Seriously, can they not get a strong, assertive older woman to do it?
  • 19921992 Posts: 4,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She fit.

So Yes ;):D
  • LW09LW09 Posts: 3,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    _elly001 wrote: »
    Seriously, can they not get a strong, assertive older woman to do it?

If Mel B can't do it then they should get Geri Halliwell to. She may not be the most popular but she knows her own mind and shes a bit of a live wire so it would be like having Sharon back but without actually bringing Sharon back. Gary would also serve a purpose then, they had some great banter and arguments last year. She'd certainly generate a lot of discussion, and unlike many other names thrown about she has had the success so will be in a position to judge others, whilst shes judged before.
  • fireemblemcrazefireemblemcraze Posts: 7,436
    Forum Member
    Are people going mad? No Pixie Lott and NO RITA ORA!

Only people who should replace Tulisa are Kelly/Sharon/Mel B.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LW09 wrote: »
    If Mel B can't do it then they should get Geri Halliwell to. She may not be the most popular but she knows her own mind and shes a bit of a live wire so it would be like having Sharon back but without actually bringing Sharon back. Gary would also serve a purpose then, they had some great banter and arguments last year. She'd certainly generate a lot of discussion, and unlike many other names thrown about she has had the success so will be in a position to judge others, whilst shes judged before.

Why can't we have Mel B and Gerri? That's what I want to see IF Tulisa were to go.
  • Sick n SexifiedSick n Sexified Posts: 1,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh god no.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    I don`t want Tulisa to go. I...love her!! :o
  • E05297535E05297535 Posts: 5,602
    Forum Member
    Why are they just throwing out these pop stars names just to keep this ailing show alive??? Just pay Mel B the same amount Simon is getting and this show will be the best show going all through Autumn/Winter time!!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    no last time was bad enough
  • DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 109,641
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    pingu58011 wrote: »
    I don`t want Tulisa to go. I...love her!! :o

She won't be going its just the wishes of folk on here.

For the 1000th time Sharon Osbourne won't be back as her time has long past and she is a bit of a has been
  • fireemblemcrazefireemblemcraze Posts: 7,436
    Forum Member
    DUNDEEBOY wrote: »

For the 1000th time Sharon Osbourne won't be back as her time has long past and she is a bit of a has been

Sharon's great though! She's hilarious. She would bring a much needed fiestiness back into the panel that left with Kelly and was non-existent through 2008 to 2010 with the infamous combo! She's definitely a has been but one that would put the XF back into its comfort zone dominating TV.
  • gav016gav016 Posts: 5,836
    Forum Member
    Her career is in total decline and she doesn't really have much star power, so although she seems nice enough it probably wont happen. Tulisa got picked because her career was supposedly on the up and because she had a reputation for being fiery - Pixie has neither of those things going for her.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DUNDEEBOY wrote: »

I thought it was a forgone conclusion Tulisa was leaving. It's just not been announced yet.
  • Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No she was so boring, I hardly noticed her, she was there for like one episode then she was gone. She isn't exactly popular or controversial either so it would just be a waste of time. The show needs someone spicy and lively, but with a decent amount of experience at the same time.

I found Rita Ora too dull and she isn't very experienced, plus she seems very similar to Tulisa to me. The show needs someone like Alexandra or Mel B to spice up the panel and get people talking about the show.
  • d56d56 Posts: 5,471
    Forum Member
    I like Pixie, she is much more likeable than Tulisa....BUT.... I think for the show to get back to its best, it needs to bring back Sharon, Dannii or Cheryl.

Plus Simon too.

A good panel for viewers would be Dannii, Simon, Nicole and Louis.