Kiss FM

Comments

• vinnielovinnielo Posts: 8,342
    Forum Member
    mill9 wrote: »
    Had gone on the Sussex Coast multiplex this morning although still on London as already posted.
    It's gone from Scotland, Northern England, Midlands, East Anglia and the South and South East.
  • fmradiotuner1fmradiotuner1 Posts: 20,476
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    vinnielo wrote: »
    Kisstory test stream:
    http://www.radiofeeds.co.uk/query.asp?feedme=KISSTORY

For those who don't bitrate-watch, this is a very good sounding stream for the available bandwidth it's been given.
    For those who judge quality based on the number they see on their screen, this isn't very good and the station should just be shut down before it's even launched cos there's no point in it, innit?

Do bear in mind the programming has not yet officially launched, so please don't be so quick to judge what you hear, but hopefully it'll give an indication of the music you might hear.

Will add that to my radio
  • mill9mill9 Posts: 592
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's gone from Scotland, Northern England, Midlands, East Anglia and the South and South East.
    SE must mean Kent as still on London1 tonight, maybe gone by tomorrow.
  • philenglandphilengland Posts: 8,176
    Forum Member
    Kiss 101 still on Severn Estuary
  • fmradiotuner1fmradiotuner1 Posts: 20,476
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What's best out of aacPlus/AAC or 112K?
    My radio does both but is hard to tell the 48K one seems good to me.
  • BollardBollard Posts: 3,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kisstory test stream:
    http://www.radiofeeds.co.uk/query.asp?feedme=KISSTORYDo bear in mind the programming has not yet officially launched, so please don't be so quick to judge what you hear, but hopefully it'll give an indication of the music you might hear.
    I haven't listened yet and I like Kisstory but they need to get over the fixation with UK Garage. There's only so many times they can play B15 Project, Sweet Female Attitude, Architechs, Tina Moore & DJ Pied Piper! :D
  • steven cardwellsteven cardwell Posts: 2,117
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bollard wrote: »
    I haven't listened yet and I like Kisstory but they need to get over the fixation with UK Garage. There's only so many times they can play B15 Project, Sweet Female Attitude, Architechs, Tina Moore & DJ Pied Piper! :D

Totally agree, on Radio Today, its says a new strapline of "The Beat Of The UK" is going to be used on all 3, if they are now going to be playing at national radio rather than a London station on DAB outside of the capital, they need to get over this fixation they have with garage.

Many a time, i've heard tunes between 11-12, and i have no idea who it is, and even after the song is ID'd i still have never heard of them!

The biggest gripe i have is the charts in the 90s was over flowing with commercial dance music, and trance music was huge, yet listening to Kisstory, you would never know the 90s dance scene even existed, too much urban stuff like Ja Rule and Sweet Female Attitude garage type stuff, yet i can't think the last time i heard the likes of The KLF, Tiesto, Paul van Dyk, Fragma (not Toca), Gala, The Shamen, Bassheads, Binary Finary, Chicane etc........ getting played, so much great old skool "radio friendly" dance stuff out there, yet Kiss wants to play, in my opinion a lot of stuff, that is less commercial than what they ignore!
    Forum Member
    mill9 wrote: »
    SE must mean Kent as still on London1 tonight, maybe gone by tomorrow.
    Yup.. Kent, Sussex Coast (and South Hants).
    What's best out of aacPlus/AAC or 112K?
    My radio does both but is hard to tell the 48K one seems good to me.
    Well, that's for you to decide for yourself! :) As long as YOU'RE happy with it.
  • FM_BanditFM_Bandit Posts: 2,643
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kisstory test stream:
    http://www.radiofeeds.co.uk/query.asp?feedme=KISSTORY

Do bear in mind the programming has not yet officially launched, so please don't be so quick to judge what you hear, but hopefully it'll give an indication of the music you might hear.

I'm just getting the same jungle track looped over and over. :confused:
    Forum Member
    FM_Bandit wrote: »
    I'm just getting the same jungle track looped over and over. :confused:
    Yeah, it seems to be "off" now.
  • mjdj1689mjdj1689 Posts: 3,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not on the Stoke mutiplex , this must be one of the worst mutipexes in the country 2 mono stations, Heat , Ubc , Bbc radio stoke , Signal 1 and 2 , oh such a great choice , no Globel stations, even Heart or one of their other stations would be nice.
  • ErwinErwin Posts: 2,649
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hear the regular program on the stream, not Kisstory.
  • RileyMRileyM Posts: 2,070
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One thing i'm not getting though...

Is KissFresh an on demand service, or a jukebox-like streaming internet radio?

The Bauer Media press release reads as follows (emphasis mine):
    KissFresh, a brand new on-demand digital station playing non-stop new beats
    How can something be both on-demand and "non-stop"? Unless they just mean there's be some "listen again" functionality
  • hanssolohanssolo Posts: 22,554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It also says
    It will also broadcast hour-long mixes from a range of new DJs and specials from artists such as Daft Punk.
    So presume you will be able to pick any "mix" which might then play the next mix automatically?

On DAB Kiss is still 128k stereo in London unless it is being kept so Kisstory will be DAB London only as well as national freeview and internet on May 7th?
  • hanssolohanssolo Posts: 22,554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Erwin wrote: »
    I hear the regular program on the stream, not Kisstory.
    from 7th May
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hanssolo wrote: »
    It also says

So presume you will be able to pick any "mix" which might then play the next mix automatically?

Hm...Perhaps. Although, after making my previous post, I saw Andy Roberts tweeted an Instagram link showing (what looks like) the new KissKube app. On it you can see the Kiss Fresh "logo" art with "Listen Live" over it. it also appears to say "On Air Now" (at the top), and "Evening 18:00-20:00" on the left of the Kiss Fresh logo art.

This looks like Kiss Fresh is indeed a linear (as opposed to purely on-demand) service.
    hanssolo wrote: »
    On DAB Kiss is still 128k stereo in London unless it is being kept so Kisstory will be DAB London only as well as national freeview and internet on May 7th?

Yeah, I did wonder if they were going to use the Kiss capacity on local muxes in Kiss FM areas (London, Cambridge, Peterborough, Norwich etc). for Kisstory if Kiss moving to D1 means the drop all local opt-outs.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kisstory stream now playing a message saying launches 2pm on Tuesday over and over.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kisstory stream now playing a message saying launches 2pm on Tuesday over and over.

Yeah, the same on the Kiss Fresh stream (which confirms Kiss Fresh is a linear service and not purely on demand)
  • coolskincoolskin Posts: 223
    Forum Member
    listening to KISS not through choice as it was on at the gym...the breakfast show of what i heard 7-9am sounded like they were all in a golf bowl or in space ???
  • hotguy25hotguy25 Posts: 879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    future thread - kisstory is too repeatative
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hotguy25 wrote: »
    future thread - kisstory is too repeatative

Sadly, that will probably be true, judging on how little variety they play between 11-12 on Kiss.

Quite ironic, that on The Hits currently is Cafe Del Mar, a track that i can honestly say, i've never heard on Kisstory, but sums up that time when dance music was huge, and which should be a massive part of the history of Kiss and old skool!
  • FM_BanditFM_Bandit Posts: 2,643
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sadly, that will probably be true, judging on how little variety they play between 11-12 on Kiss.

Quite ironic, that on The Hits currently is Cafe Del Mar, a track that i can honestly say, i've never heard on Kisstory, but sums up that time when dance music was huge, and which should be a massive part of the history of Kiss and old skool!

But if Andy Roberts is in charge of the output, I live in blind hope. Check out some of his Kisstory playlists here:

http://sharemyplaylists.com/members/radioandy-1/playlists

Yes please Andy! :D
  • gwrbristolgwrbristol Posts: 976
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looking forward to the launch of Kisstory. Lets hope there is a way to blank out the logo on Freeview...I don't really want Kisstory burnt on to my TV screen!
  • BoolianBoolian Posts: 1,112
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gwrbristol wrote: »
    Looking forward to the launch of Kisstory. Lets hope there is a way to blank out the logo on Freeview...I don't really want Kisstory burnt on to my TV screen!

Doesn't setting Subtitles stop the MHEG screen coming up?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Boolian wrote: »
    Doesn't setting Subtitles stop the MHEG screen coming up?

yeah it does (at least it has on all TVs & STBs I've seen