Most painful X factor live performances?

pumpkinlattes33pumpkinlattes33 Posts: 8,326
Forum Member
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Epfqdr7enhk

Janet Devlin Mmmbop , kept forgetting the words and very pitchy. Was awkward to watch

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,945
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    oh i thought you meant from guest stars and katie perry's "firework" performance immediately sprang to mind.....

but yeah that janet performance was all kinds of aweful. it was cringe. i think the show actually ruined that girl by trying so hard to turn her into something she just blatently wasn't. she was better when she went in than when she went out.
  • EvilLlamaThingyEvilLlamaThingy Posts: 6,667
    Forum Member
    The first time Lloyd Daniels was in the bottom two and I think sang' You Are So Beautiful To Me' (Made worse by the fact he got through on it when he got destroyed vocally by Rachel Adedeji who nailed her song)

Also Frankie singing the Scientist and I've Gotta Feeling. Did he hit any correct notes in those performances?

Also not a fan of when acts who have voices I can't stand sing songs I really like (Main culprit of this was Misha B)
  • mmpfbmmpfb Posts: 14,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That first Abi performance in the lives is, I think, the only performance I've ever had to leave the room for. I think I even managed to sit through Frankie Cocozza, although obviously my whole being was bridled in abject horror.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Outside of XFUK, Shiane Hawke's final performance on X Factor Australia was just excruciating! :(
  • scratchy23scratchy23 Posts: 3,675
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had to leave the room for Aiden Grimshaw - Rocket Man.

Others that spring to mind

Jedward - their second sing off song
    Abi Alton - Living On A Prayer
    Janet Devlin - MMM Bop
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 767
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Abi - can't get you out of my head.
    For me this song sounds like it's never going to end when Kylie does it.
    I don't think I've seen or heard anyone looking more uncomfortable than Abi when she was performing this!
  • HelenW82HelenW82 Posts: 178
    Forum Member
    Wagner - Bat Out Of Hell.
  • CharlotteswebCharlottesweb Posts: 18,680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That Storm fellow singing Born to Run on a motorbike.

First performer on the first live show too as I recall, he didnt stand a chance.
  • Purple MangoPurple Mango Posts: 742
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    All of Cocozza's
  • lkherelkhere Posts: 1,035
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All of Cocozza's

Totally agree but most painful for me is when he murder Primal scream song "Rocks" ooohhh that was so bad!! :(
  • earldbestearldbest Posts: 3,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bjkaave wrote: »
    Outside of XFUK, Shiane Hawke's final performance on X Factor Australia was just excruciating! :(

I remember that! Her "send me home" song. :D
  • Fred E StarFred E Star Posts: 1,693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not from X Factor but Rosie Ribbons Abba cover was one of the worst UK ones but my favourite in recent years has to be John Stevens from American Idol singing "Crocodile Rock".
    You have to get to the la bit...

http://s52.photobucket.com/user/votefortheworst/media/American%20Idol%203/Videos/AI3-JohnStevens-CrocodileRock.mp4.html
  • earldbestearldbest Posts: 3,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FYD (in case you forgot about them, the group that left in Week 1 of series 7): Billionaire (I wanted to eliminate them on the spot)
    Craig Colton: Set Fire to the Rain (actually pretty much all his performances made me cringe, but this one more than the others)
    Carolynne Poole: Starships (worth saving Rylan for)
  • rbdcayrbdcay Posts: 12,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Everything by Vickers, Johnson, Arthur and Grimshaw. This is not a supergroup anyone wants to see.
  • Nastyman69Nastyman69 Posts: 4,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Everything by Cher Lloyd, Janet Devlin, Abi Alton and Chris Maloney
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    earldbest wrote: »
    Her "send me home" song. :D

Pretty much! They needn't have bothered going to the judges decision after that performance, she should have just been automatically eliminated on the spot. No judge could possibly be cruel enough to keep her in after that performance...
  • Purple MangoPurple Mango Posts: 742
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    FYD (in case you forgot about them, the group that left in Week 1 of series 7): Billionaire (I wanted to eliminate them on the spot)
    Craig Colton: Set Fire to the Rain (actually pretty much all his performances made me cringe, but this one more than the others)

haha ''standing next to *Simon* and the Queen'' cringe buckets!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Yeah, Craig singing Set Fire to the Rain was pretty dreadful.

Gah, Carolynne doing Starships was just embarrassing...
    The funny thing is, I didn't think it was all that bad the first time I watched it, but got second hand embarrassment on the second viewing. It's funny how that happens
  • Patti-AnnPatti-Ann Posts: 22,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There was one where Rachel Hylton was really off key - but the judges were light on her as she'd had a bad week

There was one when Danyl was really off key too :eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nastyman69 wrote: »
    Everything by Cher Lloyd, Janet Devlin, Abi Alton and Chris Maloney

It's heartwarming there's something we can agree on. :D
  • Nastyman69Nastyman69 Posts: 4,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mmpfb wrote: »
    It's heartwarming there's something we can agree on. :D

:D:D
    Hey, we may have some similarities after all ;)
  • JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    Hannah's Wrecking Ball....wrecked my ears. :cry:
  • sniffingchocakesniffingchocake Posts: 319
    Forum Member
    When Danyl johnson did the Whitney album track!

Even more so when he sang it to her
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When Danyl johnson did the Whitney album track!

Even more so when he sang it to her

Oh, there was one Danyl performance that was flat all the way through. Was it that one? I actually wondered whether they'd pitch-shifted through his monitor earbuds just to sabotage him.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,042
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    leon jackson - first ever live performance with his dad dancing routine. how he survived that night is beyond me