Anybody watch the movies on zone horror?

nytramfilmsnytramfilms Posts: 5,386
Forum Member
I do and some are no that bad, while others look like theve been made by college students with a budget of 50p.:D

I did enjoy watching scarecrow 1 & 2.

Comments

• ironjadeironjade Posts: 10,001
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I do and some are no that bad, while others look like theve been made by college students with a budget of 50p.:D

If I don't have any needles handy to stick in my eyes then I watch Zone Horror.:)
  • nytramfilmsnytramfilms Posts: 5,386
    Forum Member
    ironjade wrote: »
    If I don't have any needles handy to stick in my eyes then I watch Zone Horror.:)

:D Now now! Its not that bad.;)
  • sarahcssarahcs Posts: 8,734
    Forum Member
    I'm watching The Sitter now.
    It's poop.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,305
    Forum Member
    I think the channel is crap, not only because of the fairly rubbish selection of films that they show, but because of the muppets who seem to run it. They once advertised Hellraiser as being on at 9pm (my EPG said so too) but when it actually came to 9pm it was a totally different film, and no reason was given as to why. That was the last time i flicked onto that channel...
  • MaxCherryMaxCherry Posts: 9,013
    Forum Member
    LOL my fave one is Satans Little Helper

Thats the only one that really scared me.

The rest are cheap pants.
  • ironjadeironjade Posts: 10,001
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :D Now now! Its not that bad.;)

Oh yes it is! Complete waste of a channel, apart from the recent addition of The New(ish) Twilight Zone, most of its output is direct to video crap.
    When the best movies they have are Rawhead Rex and Pervert! it's a sign something is amiss.:eek:
  • scoobyju1scoobyju1 Posts: 1,785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think I watched 'Flowers in the Attic' on that channel. I hadn't seen it for years. I wasn't missing much...........
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 23,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I only watch the really old ones occasionally.
    Lost my bottle years ago.
  • jamespondojamespondo Posts: 6,040
    Forum Member
    Now & again I flick on but mostly it is as stated low budget bad horrors like Ravings maniacs,crappy sequels i.e The Howling 5 or boring various TV series BUT it has shown a few good or watchable things.

Such as Hellraiser 1-3,Burnt Offerings,Tales From The Crypt series,Confessions of a serial killer (an underrated movie).
  • Freddy_LivesFreddy_Lives Posts: 1,731
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I always look at the listings but it doesn't look like there's anything worth watching. I did catch a film last week though "The clown at midnight". I think it was called.

Margot Kidder was the most high profile actress but it wasn't particularly scary.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 846
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You have to wonder why they show stuff during the day, it can't be very scary.:D

They should show the original Twilight Zones, they were great.
  • sarahcssarahcs Posts: 8,734
    Forum Member
    scoobyju1 wrote: »
    I think I watched 'Flowers in the Attic' on that channel. I hadn't seen it for years. I wasn't missing much...........

OMG! Flowers in the Attic! Dear God that film is awful!
  • DaisyBumblerootDaisyBumbleroot Posts: 24,763
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

ooooooo thats what makes them SO good though! We always have a flick onto zone horror, predict who will die (usually the slutty one first, then the jock), rip the piss out of the lighting and fall asleep before the end. I love zone horror.

*Nostalgia moment* I remember our video store, it had sweets, arcade games and floor to ceiling films, and you only saw the spines. It was filled with smoke and older teenagers and a very exciting place to go when you got off the bus after school. The best films were at eye level for about £2 and the worst on the bottom shelf at shin level for about 75p. Thats where all the great horror was kept. The dont make em like they used to :(
  • DaisyBumblerootDaisyBumbleroot Posts: 24,763
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    23:13 on zone horror right now - cheesy film about romanians and vampirism. bloke in jail with a load of homeboys - he just bit himself. its great!
  • mistygalmistygal Posts: 8,308
    Forum Member
    Now and then you can actually find something half decent to watch on it, but not often.

Someone mentioned 'The Sitter' above, I remember that, it's donkeys old. I wouldn't put it as the worst film seen on there though. That is decent for the horror channel.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 700
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have to say I thought I'd watch a fair amount of the horror channel when I got sky but have barely watched anything. as said earlier, there are too many low-budget shot-on-video horrors that wouldn't even get a dvd release over here.

Having said that, I did tape Hardware (1990 GB apocalyptic horror) the other day and god bless them for showing The Swamp Thing with the lovely Adrienne Barbeau !!
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I only watch the older ones 80s/90s. I'm put off watching the 00s, because I think they will be rubbish because they seem low budget. I don't even watch Zone Horror that much, because of lack of high budget films.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mistygal wrote: »
    Now and then you can actually find something half decent to watch on it, but not often.

Someone mentioned 'The Sitter' above, I remember that, it's donkeys old. I wouldn't put it as the worst film seen on there though. That is decent for the horror channel.

I quite liked the sitter and thought it was decent.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've never watched it once.

There are so many completely useless channels on Sky. This is one of them.
  • brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is one of the more interesting channels. Sometimes they have good, albeit usually old horror movies. Sometimes they are not so much good as weird.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 95
    Forum Member
    I love the cheesy films from the 80's and 90's they have on there like: Mosquitoes, Troll2 and cannibal the musical - always good for a laugh
  • xxstephiebabixxxxstephiebabixx Posts: 606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    now called the horror channel :D

i think it has improved recently and often find something on here to stick on, alright not always the scariest films but sometimes they are so bad they're good! even some of the silly film titles make me laugh! nude nuns with big guns being an example. :D
  • rfonzorfonzo Posts: 11,771
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I used to but I found that were cheap drivel. I saw one about a dentist once.He took revenge on his wife who was having an affair. He went mental and then started being horrible to all of his patients.
  • meechyemoomeechyemoo Posts: 659
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like the horror channel, the best films seem to be on at 2am! I often record stuff and give it 15 minutes and the pants ones are out!

But then I watch True Movies so who am I to comment :-)
  • xxstephiebabixxxxstephiebabixx Posts: 606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    meechyemoo wrote: »
    I like the horror channel, the best films seem to be on at 2am! I often record stuff and give it 15 minutes and the pants ones are out!

But then I watch True Movies so who am I to comment :-)

me too :D