Is it ok for you to drink every night?

nogoodbyesnogoodbyes Posts: 3,393
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I would'nt do it myself, I don't think it would be a good idea.

It would'nt be good for your body if you went out and got drunk every night!

Comments

• pure_plasticpure_plastic Posts: 411
    Forum Member
    i have drunk the last 15 nights and its been fun
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 40,102
    Forum Member
    Probably not. The body has to filter harmful shit out. Alcohol is "harmful shit" so it'll have to work harder to get id of it. Alcohol is also a diuretic so you'll lose more water.

Well, I guess it depends on how much. My next door neighbour is an alcoholic and she seems to have been drinking for a good 5 years now. She isn't dead yet (although she is about 35... looks 50... and can't stant up properly).
  • JCRJCR Posts: 24,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No no a million times no.
  • OlgaChristieOlgaChristie Posts: 15,329
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Moderation,moderation, moderation...................2 glasses of red wine a day is actually good for the heart - thins the blood. Any more and the liver has to work harder.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'ts the persons choice, but it ain't ok for them.I know people in their early thirtis dying due to it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,098
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I drink every day but as someone has mentioned within moderation and as long as you eat and drink plenty of water then it shouldn't be a problem (but I'm talking about me not saying anyone should do it)
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I usually only drink at the weekends so I think thats okay.
  • Scots roolScots rool Posts: 276,786
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No it isn't good for you. Especially if you're getting 'hammered' every night. :eek:
  • bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nogoodbyes wrote: »
    I would'nt do it myself, I don't think it would be a good idea.

It would'nt be good for your body if you went out and got drunk every night!

Absolutely it wouldn't.

Excessive drinking is simply storing up serious health problems in the future.
  • I <3 TweetyI <3 Tweety Posts: 8,286
    Forum Member
    No it wouldn't, but wth you only live once. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,204
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't drink :(
  • stinkymousestinkymouse Posts: 1,573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    me and my wife so out and get drunk once a month,we dont drink at home with the kids
  • TommyGavin76TommyGavin76 Posts: 17,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's not good for you, but then neither is smoking, eating fatty food, watching too much tv etc etc.

You can do none of the above and live to 120, but you'll be ****ing bored.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,967
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is well known that people living around the Mediterranean drink alcohol with their meals most days and they live long healthy lives.

I think the secret is have a very healthy diet consisting of plenty of good protein, fruit and vegetables and lots of olive oil. And lots of water.
  • stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    If you have to drink alcohol every day,you are an alcoholic.
  • jonparadisejonparadise Posts: 6,041
    Forum Member
    Not good.

A few years ago I drank 4-5 times a week (just wine usually). And even though I was quite fit, felt quite tired alot of the time.

I limited drinking to Saturdays night's only, and it made a HUGE difference to how I felt.
  • johnny utahjohnny utah Posts: 1,777
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you have to drink alcohol every day,you are an alcoholic.

Not true, if you need a drink everyday and cant get by without it you are an alcoholic, as someone has mentioned, a glass of red wine per day is good for you.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 189
    Forum Member
    Drinking every night is probably bad for your health.

Drinking every morning, however, doesn't half help the day pass faster.

Hic.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 404
    Forum Member
    I havent drunk since 27th Jan, i can remember as it is my mums birthday. I found out i was pregnant in March, so its pretty good im not a big drinker really. I cant wait to have a Baileys at xmas though.

I used to live in a pub and i saw the state of people that came in and drunk everyday, not only did they have no money but they had rubbish home lives and they looked awful!!! Im talking about the ones who got drunk every day, not the ones that just came in for a pint after work.
  • Chilli DragonChilli Dragon Posts: 24,684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You can drink every single night if you want to...it is your body you can do what you want to it.

I wouldn't do it personally, but I don't judge anyone who does.
  • meowmoosemeowmoose Posts: 847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No that's why I started doing Heroin
  • Hopeless_SavageHopeless_Savage Posts: 2,835
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's not advised to drink more daily units than recommended for your gender, and it's best to have 2 alcohol free days a week.
    Personally I don't need to get drunk to have fun so exceeding unit limits isn't a problem for me.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 489
    Forum Member
    I only tend to have one glass of Baileys per week!

I only drink every night when i'm on holiday, and I don't drink to get rat arsed. All in moderation :)
  • RAINBOWGIRL22RAINBOWGIRL22 Posts: 24,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It depends - like most things - on context!

If someone was to go out and get smashed every night then sooner or later the body would become dependant on alcohol, whereas someone who has say a glass of red wine every evening with dinner is probably a lot more healthy than someone who only {binge} drinks at the weekend!

I can get tiddly on two small glasses of wine (I know I am a cheap date :p) but for someone else two glasses of wine spread out over the course of an evening would have no effect...
  • OlgaChristieOlgaChristie Posts: 15,329
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You can drink every single night if you want to...it is your body you can do what you want to it.

I wouldn't do it personally, but I don't judge anyone who does.

I agree.........but your liver may not:rolleyes: