Will any of the soaps pick up the Family Affairs cast?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 874
Forum Member
✭✭
Since FA will cease has or will cease filming very soon. I was wondering what the majority of the board think of the cast and whether you would like to see any of them in different soaps, ala EastEnders, Corrie, Emmerdale or Hollyoaks.

Should a spin-off not occur for the soap, I would love to see the following soaps snap up these great talents.

EastEnders

Ebony Thomas (Yasmin Green)

She is beautful, sexy and a charismatic actress. She could excel by having the major press attention that being in EastEnders brings.

I would love to see her character enter as a former model who has lost everything due to partying hard and she has moved to Walford to restart her life and get away from the W1 scene.

David Easter (Pete Callan)

He is great at playing a vile villian. Even though his character Pete has been killed off, he would always be the figure head of the Family Affairs.

There was talk of him being brought in as a Mitchell once, but I personally would like to see him enter the soap in a storyline connected to Ebony's character as a former abusive boyfriend. Or, perhaps with Pat having the Wicks' around her David can play another Nephew.
Emmerdale

Nicola Duffett (Cat McKenzie)

She is a great comedy actress she looks like a real and approachable person on screen. I think her comedic timing could work well in the Dales especially interacting with the likes of Val, Viv, Betty and Lesley.

I would love to see her enter the Dales as a matriach to a new family with upstart teenagers and a down drodden husband. I think that it would be great to see a new family in Emmerdale perhaps moving into Carl or Matthew's house.

Kazia Pelka (Chrissy Costello)

Kazia is a real credit to Family Affairs and has pulled off some real emotional and dramatic storylines for the series. Being a Yorkshire lass anwways, I think that she can bring an element of credibility to the series and add it to the mix of comedic tomne which Emmerdale currently has.

As for characters, I would love to see her enter the series as perhaps a former flame of Matthew King, the married woman who broke his heart and contributed into turning into a womaniser.

Do you have any comments or feedback on which soaps should snap up the rest of the talented and much loved FA cast?.

How about...

Jan Harvey(Babs Woods)
Robyn Page (Katie Williams)
Rosie Rowell (Eileen Callan)
Gareth Hale (Doug McKenzie)
Gary Webster (Gary Costello)

Comments

• bob_loblawbob_loblaw Posts: 5,342
    Forum Member
    I think the other soaps would prefer actors :p
  • bob_loblawbob_loblaw Posts: 5,342
    Forum Member
    Sorry that was cruel, Eastenders don't require their cast to be actors.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 436
    Forum Member
    florence hoath and kazia pelka deserve a good show.
  • Dannii HarrisDannii Harris Posts: 312
    Forum Member
    I do believe Ebony Thomas has already been at an EE casting. So stay tuned.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ebony shold be a eastender! she could be Naioms sister or Patricks long lost daughter.
  • mintchocchipmintchocchip Posts: 16,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TBH I think all of the actors mentioned in the first post will do well for themselves, they're the most talented actors in it and i think Kazia Pelka, Robyn Page and Ebony Thomas are the most likely to be picked up by another soap.

Kazia Pelka - Emmerdale definitely.

Robyn Page - I hate to say it but she could be the one good actress in Hollyoaks. I think she'd suit the Oaks.

Ebony Thomas - Definitely Eastenders.

Gary Webster - Doesn't need to be in another soap he's already been in enough, but he'd probably suit EE best also.

Gareth Hale - errrr...more Hale and Pace?

Nicola Duffett - Emmerdale.

Rosie Rowell, Jan Harvey, Kazia and Gary Webster had already done quite a bit before joining FA so i dont think they'll have trouble getting work, if not immediately...eventually.

And although they're not in it any more, I also hope we see Seb Castang and Julia Lee Smith again, i think they're good actors also.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can I just ask, who is Florence Hoath?
  • BigOrangeBigOrange Posts: 59,653
    Forum Member
    On the odd occassion i've watched Family Affairs this year, the girl who plays Yasmin has always seemed really good. She definitely deserves to land herself a role elsewhere :)
  • BigOrangeBigOrange Posts: 59,653
    Forum Member
    Can I just ask, who is Florence Hoath?

A quick google brought this up.
  • swelfordswelford Posts: 1,863
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kazia pelka really does deserve to be in one of the big name soaps emmerdale eastenders or maybe she could go bak into corrie.
    She is one of the best actresses on tv and she is not given enough credit
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A quick google brought this up.

Oh right she's George, the girl who was in Doctor Who. Thanks.

Oh and while i agree that Kazia Pelka is a fabulous actress and deserves to do well, i have to disagree with the earlier poster who says that she doesn't get the credit she deserves. She won a Soap Award this year and everyone always goes on about how amazing she is.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No what i meant is like when most female actress have a major storyline they are on gmtv, this morning ,paul o grady show and des and mel.
    I also think that kazia pelka deserves to be up there in the ntas ,inside soap awards, with the best actress like jessie,Suranne and people who are brilliant actresses
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 544
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pete Callan is absolutely made for Eastenders, he is the all time best character in Family Affairs by an absolute mile.

It's such a shame they axed the Harts as they were fantastic as was the soap back then.
  • Stacey FisherStacey Fisher Posts: 108
    Forum Member
    EastEnders really should get the girl who plays Yasmin.
  • DrifterDrifter Posts: 12,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kazia and Jan Harvey for Emmerdale. There aren't exactly loads of women around Kazia's age in the show, like new girl Sandra Briggs.
    There are loads Jan's age, but it doesn't matter as these are often the best characters in soap. She could be Lesley's sister perhaps (both are kind of posh), or maybe even Tom King's sister. Or how about Laurel's mum.

Ebony and David would be wonderful in Eastenders.

Trouble is, all these people would probably be playing exactly the same characters as in FA :p

Rosie Rowell is way too good to be wasted too, and isn't she a north-eastern girl? So Emmerdale could be for her too :D Playing Jo Stiles' mum. Or even Jasmine's mum.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rosie Rowell looks like a Hollyoaks character - like, is it Frankie? There is not enough adults in the show. I don't watch it but she does suit it - but hopefully it won't happen. :)
  • Pete CallanPete Callan Posts: 24,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rosie Rowell is made for Coronation Street. I would love her to play a kind of character similar to Karen McDonald with a bit of Trish Wallace mixed in.

Kazia Pelka will no doubt be snapped up pretty quickly and I can't imagine her in any other soap than EastEnders. Right now Walford needs some new females and she would be perfect.

Ebony Thomas is a tricky one, she's brilliant at comedy but that's, I hate to say, one of EastEnders weak points. If the writers can produce some good comedy scenes then she'd fit right in Walford. If, however, they can't then she'd be very well suited to Emmerdale.

David Easter would have to be in either EastEnders or Emmerdale and he'd have to play a baddie. Since Albert Square is losing Johnny Allen then a character like Pete would be a real scoop. Pete Callan vs. The Mitchell brothers would just be fantastic.

Nicola Duffett, as the OP said would have to go to Emmerdale as a new matriarchal character for a new family. Again, I would say EastEnders as they're losing way too many women but the Walford residents would get a real shock if she turned up.

Gary Webster would be good in The Bill. I don't watch The Bill but I think it'd be right up his street.

I'd love to see Jan Harvey in Bad Girls. She'd be fabulous as a third Costa Con.

Seb Castang, Robyn Page & Adam Rhys Dee are destined for either Walford or Hollyoaks.

Daniel Hyde is better off going back to Hollyoaks as Scott Anderson.

I'm sure Simon Merrells, Carol Starks and Barbara Young will also get offers flooding in from other soaps/dramas.
  • DrifterDrifter Posts: 12,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Eastenders is the only one that desperately needs new characters, but I'd be quite happy for Emmerdale or Corrie to sack some of its less than decent characters (and Corrie has a few) in order to snap up some of this lot.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 199
    Forum Member
    Ebony should go to EE. That seems perfect for her.
  • ChrisEganIsHotChrisEganIsHot Posts: 23
    Forum Member
    Ebony Thomas and Kazia Pelka should both be in Eastenders.

BBC take note. :p
  • Coral_BCoral_B Posts: 1,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I read somewhere that michelle gayle is joining family affairs. Maybe she will make a return to EE as well, after the show is axed. I would quite like to have Hatti back
  • Dannii HarrisDannii Harris Posts: 312
    Forum Member
    But it ends in 6 weeks though. Everyone wants Yasmin in EE :)
  • Sir DavisSir Davis Posts: 467
    Forum Member
    Pab wrote:
    Pete Callan is absolutely made for Eastenders, he is the all time best character in Family Affairs by an absolute mile.

It's such a shame they axed the Harts as they were fantastic as was the soap back then.

Spot on. I've said before he should go to Eastenders (before they announced they were axing family affairs). he would fit in perfectly - well as long as they didn't turn him into some soppy bollocks bloke.
  • Pete CallanPete Callan Posts: 24,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Coral_B wrote:
    I read somewhere that michelle gayle is joining family affairs. Maybe she will make a return to EE as well, after the show is axed. I would quite like to have Hatti back

That would be quite good but she has no purpose to return. All the Tavernier's have gone and so has Steve Elliot.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yasmin could come in to eastenders as patricks niece or some realtion to him