The pensionator lol. He is gunna look ancient. He looked rough in 3
  • lola_skyelola_skye Posts: 21,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Please no.....he's past it now
  • RebelScumRebelScum Posts: 16,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looking forward to King Conan though. Hopefully more Barbarian (1982) than Destroyer.
  • ritchritch Posts: 2,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "ahh my back"
  • Chris1964Chris1964 Posts: 19,725
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ritch wrote: »
    "ahh my back"

Very good :D
  • Shak2005Shak2005 Posts: 656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    he should play a resistance fighter alongside john connor who is then captured and made into the t-800 terminators.
  • kegsiekegsie Posts: 2,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I need your clothes, your boots and your Werthers Originals.
  • StrmChaserSteveStrmChaserSteve Posts: 2,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hey right

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2013/06/14/arnold-schwarzenegger-terminator-5/

Zimmer Frame Arnie

I'm sure everyone will be quaking in their boots at Grandad Arnie

Dude is getting too old for this shite

So is Bruce WIllis and Stallone
  • lordo350lordo350 Posts: 3,633
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tbh, I'm really not that excited about this after Salvation. It'll be interesting to see where they take the series next. How Arnie is going to be involved however... I have no idea.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,305
    Forum Member
    I don't think T5 is a very good idea, with or without Arnie. I enjoyed The Last Stand so i personally think he's still got it, but i just can't see a 66 year old Arnie convincingly portraying a Terminator anymore (unless they spend a tonne of CGI money to "Benjamin Button" him). After Salvation though i think they should just let the series lie, it wasn't terrible, but it wasn't very good either.
  • logansdadlogansdad Posts: 1,068
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is my gripe...In T1, Arnie had a floppy 80's haircut when he first showed up..it only became a buzz cut when he ran through the flames chasing Sarah Connor.

So why does every Arnie Terminator have the buzzcut? They should all have a floppy fringe...which ironically would let him fit right in now.
  • JimothyDJimothyD Posts: 8,868
    Forum Member
    logansdad wrote: »
    This is my gripe...In T1, Arnie had a floppy 80's haircut when he first showed up..it only became a buzz cut when he ran through the flames chasing Sarah Connor.

So why does every Arnie Terminator have the buzzcut? They should all have a floppy fringe...which ironically would let him fit right in now.

His (CGI) cameo in Salvation had the T1 style haircut. Also, I'd have thought that the machines that sent the terminators back would have tailored him to fit in with the current trends of the year he was being sent back to.

Back on topic, T5? No thanks. T1 and T2 are amongst my all time favorite films and they are certainly modern classics. T3 was poor, Salvation was better but still nowhere near the original two. And as for Arnie being in it...as dodgy, prequel Darth Vader would say: "Nooooooooooo!"
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    he should play somebody that the terminator was based on.a scientist or something maybe,he's too old to play the terminator itself.if this IS getting made,i hope its as good as salvation which i thought was the best yet of the 4 movies.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "ahh my back"

:D:D:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Big Arnold fan but wish he'd leave this franchise alone now. I think legend of conan will be good but i hope that he will stay away from sequels and do more original movies.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    i would like to watch it :p he's back ! :p
  • Jon RossJon Ross Posts: 3,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    loonattic wrote: »
    i hope its as good as salvation which i thought was the best yet of the 4 movies.

Good Lord. Well, I suppose somebody had to.
  • the dourflathe dourfla Posts: 1,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    he says he is playing a terminator
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    JimothyD wrote: »
    T1 and T2 are amongst my all time favorite films and they are certainly modern classics. T3 was poor, Salvation was better but still nowhere near the original two."

Seriously?? I personally really liked T3 (it being somewhat less over-rated than the soulless fireworks display of T2) but surely even people who don't like it can see that it's far better than the awful 'Salvation'.

Ah well, I suppose it wouldn't do for us all to have the same opinion.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    i still have the first 3 on my recording planner..I like to watch them now and again, so i keep them on.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    he says he is playing a terminator

He could play a beat up terminator.

All the damage would cover up how old he looks. :p
  • Johnny ClayJohnny Clay Posts: 5,315
    Forum Member
    "ahh my back"
    *applause* *doffs cap*

I must say that even though you can see the thinking from the franchise perpsective - he IS the Terminator - the spectre of 'past-it' hovers ever closer.

I thought he looked haggard in Expendables 2. Perhaps he'll just play the exoskeleton :)

btw - though a touch characterless in direction, T3 still peed over Salvation.
  • sinbad8982sinbad8982 Posts: 1,627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The only role he could possibly play in another (not needed) sequel is human who the T800 was modelled on. As a terminator it would be plain ridiculous. The only terminator story that would pique my interest would be if they somehow sent waves of terminators to the present day but they would also be a complete nonsense,sounds cool though!
  • sinbad8982sinbad8982 Posts: 1,627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kegsie wrote: »
    I need your clothes, your boots and your Werthers Originals.

Hahaha!!!
  • Danger CloseDanger Close Posts: 3,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lost the love of the series after I started questioning T2. I was only 12 when it came out so didn't think about it too much at the time. But having rewatched all 4 films (and even the SCC series) there is no mention of how the T1000's or TX's manage to travel through time seeing as how "Nothing dead will go." Hence why the 800 series had to be covered in artificially grown skin.

Or have I missed something?