Is THREE now the best network [overall] to be on?

thebtmanthebtman Posts: 706
Forum Member
✭✭
Is THREE now the best network [overall] to be on?

Have been on all the others but Three seems to offer the best deals and overall coverage.

I really couldn't go back to the deals / service from any other network.

Thoughts....

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 282
    Forum Member
    I like them. I have an iphone 5 and love that I don't have to worry about any data allowance and how fast it is.

However, I was with giffgaff (O2) before and it is far superior for data but living in Devon I do still find lots of coverage problems which I never had with giffgaff. The worse thing for me too is having 5 bars outside a building then going in and 'no service'. I know it's something to do with the frequency or something but I wish they'd sort it.

That said, I'm staying with them and looking forward to 4G
  • jabbamk1jabbamk1 Posts: 8,942
    Forum Member
    Says the guy who works for Three.... :rolleyes:

No 2G back up is still a killer for a lot of people. But I agree with you, For data three cannot be beaten, and their coverage thanks to MBNL is amazing. Their prices have always been highly competitive as well and their new Calls and texts packages + the addition of the new roaming packages and free 4G proposition really is unbeatable!
  • VoynichVoynich Posts: 14,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It depends! Where I live in the sticks it's T-Mobile that has the best coverage.
  • konebyvaxkonebyvax Posts: 9,120
    Forum Member
    I'm on a Talkmobile (Vodafone) old tariff that gives u/l data and my son is on The One Plan at £18/mth. The difference in coverage and speed data wise is night and day. I've discovered the reason Talkmobile could give u/l data is basically I find it more or less useless in our extensive family tavels around the UK this Summer. Once my contract is up (yes, I was oe of those silly people who believed 24 month contracts were they way to go) I will be going over to Three without hesitation.
  • thebtmanthebtman Posts: 706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jabbamk1 wrote: »
    Says the guy who works for Three.... :rolleyes:

No 2G back up is still a killer for a lot of people. But I agree with you, For data three cannot be beaten, and their coverage thanks to MBNL is amazing. Even their Calls and texts packages + the addition of the new roaming packages and free 4G proposition really is unbeatable!

Thats a little unfair mate, especially after all the dialogue we have had together. I dont work for Three.

I'm just a going on my personal experience in using my phone for business and the coverage / service / speeds I experience.
    Forum Member
    thebtman wrote: »
    Thats a little unfair mate, especially after all the dialogue we have had together. I dont work for Three.

I'm just a going on my personal experience in using my phone for business and the coverage / service / speeds I experience.

I thought you said you did in a different thread? My bad. Sorry about that :o

But I agree with you. Based on my personal experience Theee have always been the best in terms of tariffs and value for money.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought you said you did in a different thread? My bad. Sorry about that :o

But I agree with you. Based on my personal experience Theee have always been the best in terms of tariffs and value for money.

Ahh crossed cells, no problem mate.

No I work in the industry and thus have Three contacts.

:)
  • Lidtop2013Lidtop2013 Posts: 4,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Been with them 6 years, nobody else can offer me what they do, and at the same price. I've no reason to leave them.
    Forum Member
    Ahh crossed cells, no problem mate.

Must have been an O2 cell.......

:p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Must have been an O2 cell.......

:p

Lol...ANY cell other than Three:p:p
  • finbaarfinbaar Posts: 4,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can get 17 down with 3 at home. But nothing at all at work. So for now 3 are not in the game. If I ever take the plunge and get a dual sim phone it would be 3 in the 3g slot and Vodafone in the 2g (no one can touch their voice coverage).
  • wrexham103.4wrexham103.4 Posts: 3,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    when my tmobile contract is up in about 7/8 months think i will be going with 3 :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    finbaar wrote: »
    I can get 17 down with 3 at home. But nothing at all at work. So for now 3 are not in the game. If I ever take the plunge and get a dual sim phone it would be 3 in the 3g slot and Vodafone in the 2g (no one can touch their voice coverage).

I think you will always find zero spots with every network. But stick with Three, after Q2 2014 things will change;)
    Forum Member
    I think you will always find zero spots with every network. But stick with Three, after Q2 2014 things will change;)

Dat band 20
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dat band 20

:D Not just me then:D
    Forum Member
    :D Not just me then:D

VoLTE as well.
  • enapaceenapace Posts: 4,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    VoLTE as well.

I hope it is going drastically increase call quality like it is meant to.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    VoLTE as well.

True VOLTE is way off sadly
    Forum Member
    True VOLTE is way off sadly

Are you referring to it being CSFB at the beginning of the roll out?
  • Thine WonkThine Wonk Posts: 17,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Are you referring to CSFB at the beginning of the roll out?

So it'll be Circuit switched fallback (dropping to 3G), then hopefully later VoLTE.

The issue is if they implement VoLTE and you go out of a LTE coverage the call drops as 3G can't continue to support the VoLTE voice call, unless you implement Single Radio Voice Call Continuity (SRVCC)

SRVCC
    SRVCC functions as follows. As an SRVCC-capable UEe engaged in a voice call determines that it is moving away from LTE coverage, it notifies the LTE network. The LTE network determines that the voice call needs to be moved to the legacy circuit domain. It notifies the MSC server of the need to switch the voice call from the packet to the circuit domain and initiates a handover of the LTE voice bearer to the circuit network. The MSC server establishes a bearer path for the mobile in the legacy network and notifies the IMS core that the mobile’s call leg is moving from the packet to the circuit domain. The circuit-packet function in the IMS core then performs the necessary inter-working functions. When the mobile arrives on-channel in the legacy network, it switches its internal voice processing from VoIP to legacy-circuit voice, and the call continues.

The problem is I believe this is expensive, complex and requires quite a bit of cost implementing to work with 3G and that's why so few networks worldwide have deployed or are deploying it just yet.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Yes, as I said true VOLTE is way off, and CSFB is just a method to engage certain services before they are really ready.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That would be needed else there wouldn't be a 3G fallback for voice calls.
    Forum Member
    Yes, as I said true VOLTE is way off, and CSFB is just a method to engage certain services before they are really ready.
    enapace wrote: »
    That would be needed else there wouldn't be a 3G fallback for voice calls.

I was just wondering what btman meant by "True" VoLte.

Based on what i've heard "True" VoLTE isn't that far off next year. But that's what i've been told.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was just wondering what btman meant by "True" VoLte.

Oh I meant which it basically becomes a VOIP service.

Edit you were to quick correcting lol
  • Zee_BukhariZee_Bukhari Posts: 1,335
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Three is the best overall in my experience. Cant fault them.

My friend who is on Orange just switched to Three last week and my other friend is about to take a sim only with 3 previously on Orange, both of them before saying how bad they were without even trying them out.

I have giffgaff (o2) also and have noticed that signal bars are always much less than on Three, most of the time outside and my signal is full on Three where as 1-3 bars on giffgaff, even with their 900MHz frequency.