Yes! bbc iplayer is working on Nexus 7 4.2

dandydandy Posts: 87
Forum Member
As above. But I don't think itv is back for that yet.

Comments

• VoynichVoynich Posts: 14,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They've an option now that improves the picture slightly over wifi. It was truly dreadful before even on high quality. Like a RealPlayer video from the 90s!
  • SebastianJackSebastianJack Posts: 58
    Forum Member
    dandy wrote: »
    As above. But I don't think itv is back for that yet.

Hi, dandy...

(...and anybody else interested...).

I've been running a version of ITV Mobile Player on my Advent Vega for a year or so now, and it seems to work well on the Nexus 7...

Here is my copy... http://dl.dropbox.com/u/37483979/air.ITVMobilePlayer_c1000000.apk

You'll have to SIDELOAD it of course... and it needs Adobe AIR (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.adobe.air&hl=en) available from Play Store.

How to install...

First, on your Nexus 7, go into SETTINGS (in the pull down shade at the top right hand corner of the screen, underneath the clock, battery and Wi-Fi indicator), select SECURITY, and scroll down and tick the check box marked UNKOWN SOURCES (Allow installation of apps from sources other than Play Store).

Then download the APK from my DropBox link above... you will see the download appear in the pull down notification shade at the top left hand corner of the screen... click on it and then click the 'install' button in the subsequent dialog box that appears.

If you're running an Android file manager on your Nexus 7 (eg., Astro, DualFM XT, X-plore, OI FileManager, etc.), you'll find the APK in the /download folder.

Once installed, get Adobe AIR from PlayStore... and that's pretty much it really.

Upon first use, ITV Mobile Player will request your email address, but I've discovered you can enter pretty much anything and it appears not to matter (eg. joebloggs@bloggs.com). Probably just used by ITV for market research purposes... or something...

It's not exactly Hi-Def, and you'll have to endure un-skip-able commercial breaks (this is ITV after all)... but it'll get the job done, until something better comes along.

Rgrds,
    SebJ.
  • dandydandy Posts: 87
    Forum Member
    Hi sebastianjack. I did what you said and it worked perfectly, the only thing is it takes a while to close down. But like you said its fine for now. Thank you for your help.
  • SebastianJackSebastianJack Posts: 58
    Forum Member
    dandy wrote: »
    Hi sebastianjack. I did what you said and it worked perfectly, the only thing is it takes a while to close down. But like you said its fine for now. Thank you for your help.

Glad to be of assistance.

Rgrds,
    SebJ.
  • jthspacejthspace Posts: 189
    Forum Member
    Have also followed these instructions and it is working fine on my rooted Nexus 7. I used a made-up email address as well.

Many thanks
  • Jay-CeeJay-Cee Posts: 2,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    even skygo and tvcatchup are now compatible with nexus 7. what happened? lol.
  • Anika HansonAnika Hanson Posts: 15,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can do everything I could do on my galaxy tab, actually more becuase I can use sky go.
  • ironlegironleg Posts: 115
    Forum Member
    A big thank you from me, worked brilliantly. Cheers :)