Xbox Live Problems Logging In

SaddlerSteveSaddlerSteve Posts: 4,325
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Anyone been having problems logging in to Xbox Live the last few days?

I've had an error keep coming up just before login saying it can't sign in my profile. Usually takes 3-4 attempts and then it ends up working.

My brother has had the same issue and a few friends so wondering if it's something affecting the whole system.

Have tested the connection to Xbox Live through the box and it says this is fine. It just plays up when trying to sign in! :mad:

Comments

• Nolan DeckardNolan Deckard Posts: 889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Had no problems here.
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have!

It was playing up every time I used my 360 over the weekend.

It kept failing to sign in automatically after booting up, and would take a few goes before it would then manually sign in. Connection test showed no issues.
  • darkthunder35darkthunder35 Posts: 5,016
    Forum Member
    Been having problems here - couldn't sign in or send friend requests.

I pay £30 a year and can't even add a mate:D
  • SimonB79SimonB79 Posts: 3,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    been logged out afew times while playing deadspace3 so ya not alone!!! :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 528
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, logged out last night!
  • StigStig Posts: 12,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't want to hijack the thread, but it seems the most relevant to my query.

I don't have an Xbox 360, but my 76-year-old Dad has two - no kidding!

He has problems which switching between the two consoles. He signs out of Xbox Live on one, tries to sign in on the other, and gets warnings about multiple consoles. He has even been asked to phone MS to get a code number to enter into the console.

Both consoles are at the same address, therefore with the same IP address.

This is happening more and more. Is this a common problem? Is there a fix?
  • SaddlerSteveSaddlerSteve Posts: 4,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stig wrote: »
    I don't want to hijack the thread, but it seems the most relevant to my query.

I don't have an Xbox 360, but my 76-year-old Dad has two - no kidding!

He has problems which switching between the two consoles. He signs out of Xbox Live on one, tries to sign in on the other, and gets warnings about multiple consoles. He has even been asked to phone MS to get a code number to enter into the console.

Both consoles are at the same address, therefore with the same IP address.

This is happening more and more. Is this a common problem? Is there a fix?

A lot of content which is downloaded is tied to both your gamertag and console so it's probably why he's getting the issue.

I'd have to ask why the need for 2 consoles in the first place?!?!? :confused:
  • scorpionatthepcscorpionatthepc Posts: 5,371
    Forum Member
    I had problems logging in a week or so ago but seems to be fixed now.
  • StigStig Posts: 12,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A lot of content which is downloaded is tied to both your gamertag and console so it's probably why he's getting the issue.

I'd have to ask why the need for 2 consoles in the first place?!?!? :confused:

One has Kinect, one doesn't, and not only does my Mum want to play sometimes, but also wants to watch TV!
  • LadyxxmacbethLadyxxmacbeth Posts: 1,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've had a few problems.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Last night about 1:00am my xbox just wouldn't stay connected 2 XBL ... was getting all sorts of errors ... was it just me or did anyone else have similar problems?? :(
  • souldriftersouldrifter Posts: 216
    Forum Member
    I have been having problems the past few days, I can sign in ok but the dashboard won't load, I have to load a game up first then exit the game and return to Xbox home and it loads the dashboard then. Very annoying. I was also booted off Xbox live around 1am last night whilst watching a film on Sky Go.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Prior to me posting this thread I was also occasionally just being randomly logged out of XboxLive in the middle of games. It then progressed on to errors.

I deleted the cache on my hard drive and relogged in.
    Haven't had a problem since.
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I had connection problems again tonight.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,784
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't had any problems myself but my sister has mentioned them. Her console doesn't auto sign into her account either, even though it's been set to do so and she gets disconnected from Live quite a lot during gaming. She mostly plays Full House Poker and tends to get disconnected or lags out the game then gets disconnected.

Her console was connected via wireless adaptor but she bought an ethernet cable to see if that would make a difference but it didn't.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had horrendous connection problems last night!!! Dashboard not loading, missing gamertag icons, freezing downloads ... & everything inbetween ... I removed my black wireless N USB wifi adapter & connected 2 XBL via the inbuilt wifi & everything went back 2 normal ... Looks like the adapter is buggered :( (this is my 2nd ... You'd think they'd last abit longer then 9 month wouldn't ya considering there £50 a pop?) :rolleyes:
  • juliancarswelljuliancarswell Posts: 8,896
    Forum Member
    Well its still going on.
    I have had problems for 3 or 4 days too. Looks like the best part of a month now. How long can it take for them to get their act together?
    I wouldnt mind if it was free but we are paying for a shit service.:mad:
  • seanfseanf Posts: 3,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well its still going on.
    I have had problems for 3 or 4 days too. Looks like the best part of a month now. How long can it take for them to get their act together?
    I wouldnt mind if it was free but we are paying for a shit service.:mad:

Just think if the rumours are correct about the new xbox having to have e connected to the net to play we are going to be stuffed when things like this happen, we wont even be able to play off line
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've been having auto logging out issues over the last few weeks and then last week, out of the blue, it ordered me to confirm my user name and password which took half and hour to clear up :mad:
  • BesterBester Posts: 9,698
    Forum Member
    Login problems? Pfft, deal with it..... ;)
  • MsLurkerMsLurker Posts: 1,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just thought it was because my console is getting on a bit. It takes ages to log in or doesn't log in at all so I have to restart the console.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tnt wrote: »
    I've been having auto logging out issues over the last few weeks and then last week, out of the blue, it ordered me to confirm my user name and password which took half and hour to clear up :mad:

Every time i log in now i have to confirm my contact details so there's a few extra screens to go through.

It's a tad annoying!
  • Brass Drag0nBrass Drag0n Posts: 5,046
    Forum Member
    I've got it now - can't sign in - but if I test the connection it says all is fine.

There is a "Service Alert" about it, but Microsoft just say they are working on it.
  • AtlanticAtlantic Posts: 936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Having problems tonight just when it's triple XP Rockstar weekend. A bit miffed to say the least.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't get this. I can't sign into xbox live and after a connection test it says connected to network, internet, and xbox live ( though it does say Service Alert ! ). Now my friend in Cardiff who lives 5 mins down the road from me can sign in no problem. So why can't I connect, but my friend 5 mins away can ?