Twitter or Facebook?

enudzioenudzio Posts: 2,932
Forum Member
✭✭✭
simple as , which of these social networking sites do you prefer?

Comments

• swehsweh Posts: 13,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Instagram!

Out of those two, Facebook - most of my real life homies and the majority of my famalam use Facebook.

Which do YOU prefer?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Neither.
  • NoFussNoFrillsNoFussNoFrills Posts: 4,642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Twitter
  • Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,919
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    twitface
  • Harper_MilneHarper_Milne Posts: 2,854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Facebook is absolute dogsh**. Twitter all the way.
  • stoatiestoatie Posts: 78,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's no comparison, really- they both do different things. It's like saying which is best out of pizza and Slayer. One's better at being tasty and the other's better at metal.
  • technoguytechnoguy Posts: 2,271
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Twitter is best, I can't go back to Facebook now it seems so old fashioned. Its becoming the new myspace. I really do think its starting to die off.

Facebook has become an awful site where everyone just keeps bragging that their life is better than yours, posting pictures to try and make others on there feel awful.

So it ends up you're either the one bragging and making others feel awful or you're the one feeling like shit looking at all the great times everyone else is having.

Also the site itself is constantly changing the layout and privacy settings to try and trick you into revealing more and more personal info that they can then sell for millions to advertisers. The whole thing is sick.
  • Toby LaRhoneToby LaRhone Posts: 12,916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I stopped using Facebook after I reached 6 friends and 79 enemies
    Now I just Twatter.
  • winter99winter99 Posts: 16,216
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Twitter
  • StigglesStiggles Posts: 9,618
    Forum Member
    Neither.

Both as boring and bland as each other. All the #bollocks gets on my wick.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This question comes up regularly on these forums and I still have to give the same answer. I think Facebook is all about 'me' and Twitter is more about 'us' so it's Twitter every time for me.

I don't know any of my followers personally on Twitter but they are a diverse and interesting bunch of people (mainly!) whereas Facebook tends to be more friends and family and if I need to talk to them I pick up the phone. Also, I think Twitter is much easier to use and share thoughts on events in real time.
  • Jason100Jason100 Posts: 17,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    enudzio wrote: »
    simple as , which of these social networking sites do you prefer?

There's only one way to find out......;)
  • ArcanaArcana Posts: 37,521
    Forum Member
    I use 2itta constantly but I can't remember the last time I looked at my FB page.
  • Babe RainbowBabe Rainbow Posts: 34,349
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Facebook.

I am on Twitter but don't really get it tbh. Can't remember the last time I tweeted.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,246
    Forum Member
    twitter
  • man_bear_pigman_bear_pig Posts: 441
    Forum Member
    Stopped using facebook over a year ago . A complete waste of time reading pointless updates by a load of sad b**$tards.
    never been on twitter , seems like a pile of $h*t.
  • s2ks2k Posts: 7,410
    Forum Member
    Since nobody else has done it yet i'll be the pretentious bastard that says "real life". :cool:
  • JimothyDJimothyD Posts: 8,868
    Forum Member
    Facebooks usefulness is very niche really. To close friends and family, I see them/speak to them/text them all the time. For long distance friends, I can email. Facebook doesn't have any feature that other technologies can't fulfil just as well. I suppose its good to see other friends pictures now and then, but its not really of any importance. There is also too much focus on user information and annoyances such as liking things for trivial reasons.

Twitter is different in that it can be very useful and interesting. Its like a personalised newsfeed for stuff you're interested in. You can build a community of like-minded people with similar interests etc in your follower list. It can be as useful as you want it to be. Yes, there is a lot of mindless rubbish on there about Justin Beiber and One Direction, but that doesn't have to interfere if the people you follow are also not interested in that stuff.
  • CrazyLoopCrazyLoop Posts: 31,148
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I use both :)
  • paulbrockpaulbrock Posts: 16,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Google+, but I use all three. They do different things so its not as simple as X is better than Y.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    technoguy wrote: »
    Twitter is best, I can't go back to Facebook now it seems so old fashioned. Its becoming the new myspace. I really do think its starting to die off.

Facebook has become an awful site where everyone just keeps bragging that their life is better than yours, posting pictures to try and make others on there feel awful.

So it ends up you're either the one bragging and making others feel awful or you're the one feeling like shit looking at all the great times everyone else is having.

Also the site itself is constantly changing the layout and privacy settings to try and trick you into revealing more and more personal info that they can then sell for millions to advertisers. The whole thing is sick.

This ! :cool:

I've finally realised reading about other people's fantastic lives on Facebook is not helping my chronic depression :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 445
    Forum Member
    Don't like face book. To much crap and to many people telling everyone there business.
    Twitter is boring as well.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Facebook.

I am on Twitter but don't really get it tbh. Can't remember the last time I tweeted.

same here. 140 characters. It's like GD chat. FB messages is ok, you can talk for ages, send links etc. FB still does all I need.

I have to laugh at people who think there has to be a "fashion" in what internet communication sites you use. They always come on threads about them and say "Are people still using ..blah blah?" like they're superior and have moved on.
  • Sick n SexifiedSick n Sexified Posts: 1,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sweh wrote: »
    Instagram!

Out of those two, Facebook - most of my real life homies and the majority of my famalam use Facebook.

Which do YOU prefer?

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeees! Stan for Instagram. :D

Seriously though OP, FB is dead. Only the desperates use it seriously nowadays.

Twitter is the way.
  • EveT1991EveT1991 Posts: 12,312
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like both because on Facebook I have 546 friends and I have alot of Church friends and people I went to School with on facebook and I normally on facebook find out when Conventions are happening for young people from 18-30 in my church and I keep in touch with people from America and someone from Germany and I post photos up of me and my friends from conventions and church things and school. I like twitter because I like following celebrities like Ant and Dec and Eastenders cast and Ed Sheeran and JLS and Little Mix.