Adding money to my sons account

DeanDSDeanDS Posts: 1,605
Forum Member
✭✭✭
This maybe a stupid question, but now that they have stopped points, how do I add say £20.00 to my sons account? I've had a look around the xbox site but couldn't see anything, Went to the Game website, but can't see an option there.
Failing that can I purchase a game for my son using his account on the console, but use my card for one time only?

TIA

Comments

• gds1972gds1972 Posts: 6,613
    Forum Member
    You can still use Microsoft points vouchers they will get converted to local currency.
    The FAQs below will hopefully provide the answers you want.

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/billing-and-subscriptions/account-management/microsoft-points-retire-faq
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not only that you can actually make more money appear than you actually spend at the moment.

If you get an online MS points code from Amazon ( see here ) for £30, when you enter the code on your 360 it will convert the points back into cash now, giving you about £36.

That's a decent deal.:D
  • DeanDSDeanDS Posts: 1,605
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks to all, I've just bought points from Amazon as per the link.
  • steven123steven123 Posts: 3,245
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not only that you can actually make more money appear than you actually spend at the moment.

If you get an online MS points code from Amazon ( see here ) for £30, when you enter the code on your 360 it will convert the points back into cash now, giving you about £36.

That's a decent deal.:D

Thing is though won't the prices of things in the store just go up to match? e.g. what will a 400, 800 and 1200 point game be once they start using cash instead of points? If it is like £3.99, £7.99 and £11.99 then that is significantly higher than current rate as 100 points isn't the same as £1.00.

Much as I like the 360, Microsoft aren't known for giving much away...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No problem Dean. I've also put the deal in a thread of its own to spread the word. I better go order some points myself before they run out of stock or something :) hehe

And Steven123, it doesn't matter what the price is set at by MS because you will now pay that price no matter what. so you can either add money pound for pound (£1=£1), or get in quick while the MS points are still available where currently the 4200 points mean that your £1 gets you about £1.20.

I know some things, like games, or movies, you might be able to get cheaper by buying outside of xbox or windows, but there are plenty of other things only available through there, like the xbox arcade games etc. We've always seemed to need MS points for something or other.