Jamelia - What does she DO?

candyfloss2000candyfloss2000 Posts: 1,314
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Many moons ago she used to sing. Now she's a professional panel show contestant, only, she's not a comedian, or a writer, or a journalist or anything. I sigh everytime I know she's on a show and I wonder....what on earth is the point of her? Miffed. :confused:

I'd have some respect for her if she actually had a job description, even if that means going back to making mediocre music. :cool:

Comments

• whatever54whatever54 Posts: 6,456
    Forum Member
    According to her daughter she spends a lot of the time sitting on the toilet:cool:

I quite like her and the ditzy humour. Not sure how she pays the bills though, I wouldn't have thought quiz shows pay that well (apart from that Great Britain one, possibly).
  • Digital SidDigital Sid Posts: 39,870
    Forum Member
    She's funny and a celebrity, they're comedy shows with celebrity guests. Simple.
  • brumiladbrumilad Posts: 1,467
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be honest she might not be a comedian but she's a hell of a lot funnier than at least 50% of the so called 'comedians' they drag out for these kind of panel shows.
  • DemizdeeroolzDemizdeeroolz Posts: 3,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She did get on my nerves on 8 Out Of Ten Cats. It's when she pretends to know about a topic then makes a fool of herself. I dread to think what kind of home education her daughters have :D
    Forum Member
    She did get on my nerves on 8 Out Of Ten Cats. It's when she pretends to know about a topic then makes a fool of herself. I dread to think what kind of home education her daughters have :D

Does she home school them?

I did like her horse anecdote on there, that made me laugh.
  • Chris1964Chris1964 Posts: 19,725
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Many moons ago she used to sing. Now she's a professional panel show contestant, only, she's not a comedian, or a writer, or a journalist or anything. I sigh everytime I know she's on a show and I wonder....what on earth is the point of her? Miffed. :confused:

I'd have some respect for her if she actually had a job description, even if that means going back to making mediocre music. :cool:

I don't know who she is, but generally isn't there a job now labelled "celebrity"?

Time was audiences would throw fruit at people who did not have any talent or just hung around. These days it seems to be an industry in itself.

A further question might be "What does Sinitta do?"
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,076
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She goes on tv shows and acts like her IQ is lower than her age.
  • DemizdeeroolzDemizdeeroolz Posts: 3,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    whatever54 wrote: »
    Does she home school them?

I did like her horse anecdote on there, that made me laugh.

She mentioned that her daughters were home schooled on a panel show a couple of years ago.
  • misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't dislike her massively, but she's not half as funny as she thinks she is.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OOhhh let's bash another female personality in Showbiz!!!

Ugh .. Jamelia is one of the nice ones. Doesn't take herself seriously and is always up for a laugh. I like her.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 120
    Forum Member
    Shes fit.
  • *Cadhla**Cadhla* Posts: 1,276
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She was a judge on the last series of the Irish version of The Voice. She was pretty good on it...better than that Kian Westlife oaf, anyway!!
  • SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OOhhh let's bash another female personality in Showbiz!!!

Ugh .. Jamelia is one of the nice ones. Doesn't take herself seriously and is always up for a laugh. I like her.

Erm, I don't recall the OP ever mentioning her being female as a reason they don't like her. Stop making things bigger than they are. :rolleyes:

I actually like Jamelia, but someone else is entitled not to.
    Forum Member
    *Cadhla* wrote: »
    She was a judge on the last series of the Irish version of The Voice. She was pretty good on it...better than that Kian Westlife oaf, anyway!!

I didn't know that, I guess that probably paid fairly well.
  • phil solophil solo Posts: 9,669
    Forum Member
    Chris1964 wrote: »
    I don't know who she is, but generally isn't there a job now labelled "celebrity"?

Time was audiences would throw fruit at people who did not have any talent or just hung around. These days it seems to be an industry in itself.

A further question might be "What does Sinitta do?"

Aborts Simon Cowell's baby apparently, if you read the other thread! :eek:

And there was me thinking she made no contribution to society whatsoever! Guess I was wrong :D
  • TributeTribute Posts: 820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not sure how she pays the bills though

When the father of one of your children is a professional footballer, money shouldn't be an issue!
    Forum Member
    Tribute wrote: »
    When the father of one of your children is a professional footballer, money shouldn't be an issue!

Is he that big in the footballing world though, doesn't he play for Tamworth now:confused:
    I don't know much about football so maybe Tamworth is good and just doesn't sound it.
  • LoriseLorise Posts: 932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She does the singing on the BBC 1 show I love my country,

she seems a nice enough person, I used to like some of her songs, shame she doesn't have a record deal anymore as at least she could sing.... unlike some of the so called singers we have now.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Erm, I don't recall the OP ever mentioning her being female as a reason they don't like her. Stop making things bigger than they are. :rolleyes:

I'm not "making things bigger than they are". It's another thread to bash a celebrity who, surprise surprise, is female.

I'm eagerly awaiting regular threads for the likes of Mark Wright, Joey Essex, Spencer Matthews et al ..
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    She goes on tv shows and acts like her IQ is lower than her age.
    I don't dislike her massively, but she's not half as funny as she thinks she is.
    I find her to be one of the people who people, or atleast myself, laugh at and not with.

She comes out with some ditzy comments and to me she is just one step up from the likes of Amy Childs and Gemma Collins (quite ashamed that I know those names) and Jady Goody in the past.
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

She's on the BBC's I Love My Country.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's a coach on the Voice in Ireland as well

I really like her, I'd like her to do another album
    Forum Member
    She's a coach on the Voice in Ireland as well

I really like her, I'd like her to do another album

I loved Superstar, still do:o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved Superstar, still do:o

it's a great album she had a lot of success with that people seem to forget - it was even nominated for the Mercury Prize, it was a really good album
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not "making things bigger than they are". It's another thread to bash a celebrity who, surprise surprise, is female.

I'm eagerly awaiting regular threads for the likes of Mark Wright, Joey Essex, Spencer Matthews et al ..

Why not start one then rather than continually whining about everyone elses threads?

And I do seem to remember Joey Essex and Kirk Norcross being the subject of negative threads not too long ago