Girls Aloud Sarah Harding Caught Using Mobile Phone ( Whilst Driving )

occyoccy Posts: 64,630
Forum Member
✭✭
Girls Aloud Sarah Harding has been caught by police using her mobile phone. Apparently she failed to stop when officers tried to flag her down. She was arrested for failing to stop and using the phone at the wheel.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/sarah-harding-arrested-using-mobile-1816312

People like her still don't understand that this common practice is dangerous whilst driving. No common sense at all. Why does the Mirror try to defend her too. " She's upset sense the band has split" So that is an excuse for this stupid act?.

Comments

• Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She doesn't seem like a girl who is coping very well with life in general to me. Ok, no excuse for what she's done here but she does seem a troubled soul
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You would think with all the money she has earned she could afford a decent hands free,
  • *Clem**Clem* Posts: 4,101
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's a car crash waiting to happen. Literally.

I agree she's seems troubled, I hope she gets help if she needs it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »
    She doesn't seem like a girl who is coping very well with life in general to me. Ok, no excuse for what she's done here but she does seem a troubled soul
    *Clem* wrote: »
    She's a car crash waiting to happen. Literally.

I agree she's seems troubled, I hope she gets help if she needs it.

Agree with both of these, there is something very 'off' about her. She seems like someone in need of help, and its such a shame she messed about with her looks like that, she was so pretty before.
  • occyoccy Posts: 64,630
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Money goes to your head. If you don't look after it.
  • CryolemonCryolemon Posts: 8,670
    Forum Member
    Blondie X wrote: »
    She doesn't seem like a girl who is coping very well with life in general to me

She never has.
  • Mr DangerousMr Dangerous Posts: 902
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Never Nude wrote: »
    You would think with all the money she has earned she could afford a decent hands free,

Ah but many people who can afford hands free they can't be bothered because they are arrogant and don't believe they will ever be caught....

In this case Sarah is in double trouble, she will get points for the phone offence and more points or even a ban for failing to stop for the police....This is her own fault and I have no sympathy what so ever...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ah but many people who can afford hands free they can't be bothered because they are arrogant and don't believe they will ever be caught....

In this case Sarah is in double trouble, she will get points for the phone offence and more points or even a ban for failing to stop for the police....This is her own fault and I have no sympathy what so ever...

Agreed. Welcome to back to earth.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I agree, while I think she has a lot of personal issues if you make a stupid decision, (or two in this case), you deal with the consequences, so I have little sympathy either.
  • FingersAndToesFingersAndToes Posts: 9,956
    Forum Member
    There is a reason why using a phone is not allowed anymore while driving. I don't care if she is a trainwreck waiting to happen, using handsfree, or just simply pulling over to use a phone doesn't take that many braincells, it takes just a bit of caring of people around you.
  • occyoccy Posts: 64,630
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Apparently she hit rock bottom when she split with her boyfriend DJ Tom Crane a few years back and went into rehab after going through depression and drink. Still doesn't excuse using a mobile phone whilst at the wheel. Lucky for her this time she never hit something or someone.
  • FingersAndToesFingersAndToes Posts: 9,956
    Forum Member
    The irony of it all, that she might hit another rock bottom if she ended up hitting someone and causing serious damage. Then she would really regret not pulling over to use her phone, it wouldn't be only an issue of getting a ticket.
  • Mr DangerousMr Dangerous Posts: 902
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If she is such a wreck right now she probably shouldn't be DRIVING in the first place.....
  • SpencerLeveySpencerLevey Posts: 1,511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She looks like someone with a mental illness and hopeful she's alright. But, what she did was wrong and hopefully she learns from her stupid mistakes.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 540
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Never Nude wrote: »

That's what always angers me about people who do this. I have a basic car yet still use a hands free phone system. Rarely use it as just dont have the need but if I do it's there.

Why don't these celebs just have a hands free system put in the car if it's not already in the car as standard.

You only have to go on YouTube and watch a few clips of accidents caused by using a mobile whilst driving to make you think twice.

It's just so not worth the risk.
  • grumpyoldbatgrumpyoldbat Posts: 3,663
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hopefully, her getting arrested for this will serve as an example to fans of Girls Aloud that using a phone whilst driving is not acceptable under any circumstances.
  • Saltydog1955Saltydog1955 Posts: 4,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Quinnx3 wrote: »
    That's what always angers me about people who do this. I have a basic car yet still use a hands free phone system. Rarely use it as just dont have the need but if I do it's there.

Why don't these celebs just have a hands free system put in the car if it's not already in the car as standard.

You only have to go on YouTube and watch a few clips of accidents caused by using a mobile whilst driving to make you think twice.

It's just so not worth the risk.

Totally agree.:)

Hasn't she been in rehab more than once for alcoholism? She seems as if she could do with some more therapy for her arrogance.
  • RuinedGirlRuinedGirl Posts: 918
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wonder if the reason she failed to stop was because she'd been drinking and didn't want to get caught for that? She's battled with drink and depression in the past, so it seems like a possible explanation.

I think people who do anything whilst driving that puts other people at risk are total idiots. But, judging from what I know about her, she seems like a very troubled young woman who has severe mental health issues. So I can't help but feel sorry for her. I hope she sorts herself out, before she ends up as yet another tragic tale of someone with fame and money who simply couldn't cope with it and dies young as a result.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    RuinedGirl wrote: »
    I wonder if the reason she failed to stop was because she'd been drinking and didn't want to get caught for that? She's battled with drink and depression in the past, so it seems like a possible explanation.

I think people who do anything whilst driving that puts other people at risk are total idiots. But, judging from what I know about her, she seems like a very troubled young woman who has severe mental health issues. So I can't help but feel sorry for her. I hope she sorts herself out, before she ends up as yet another tragic tale of someone with fame and money who simply couldn't cope with it and dies young as a result.

Perhaps, who knows. Without going into too much detail I have battled mental health issues in the past, I don't think its a good enough excuse for putting fellow motorists at risk, (not saying that is what you are doing :)) I hope she does sort herself out
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Perhaps, who knows. Without going into too much detail I have battled mental health issues in the past, I don't think its a good enough excuse for putting fellow motorists at risk, (not saying that is what you are doing :)) I hope she does sort herself out

Oh, I hope it didn't come across as though I was in any way condoning her behaviour. I myself suffer from mental health issues (and issues with alcohol) and I would never put anyone at risk with my behaviour. I wasn't excusing what she did, I just feel a great sympathy towards her situation with regards to the demons she has clearly been struggling with for a number of years.

Apologies if it came across in the wrong way, I'm not always the most eloquent of people when it comes to accurately expressing my opinion :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh, I hope it didn't come across as though I was in any way condoning her behaviour. I myself suffer from mental health issues (and issues with alcohol) and I would never put anyone at risk with my behaviour. I wasn't excusing what she did, I just feel a great sympathy towards her situation with regards to the demons she has clearly been struggling with for a number of years.

Apologies if it came across in the wrong way, I'm not always the most eloquent of people when it comes to accurately expressing my opinion :D

Oh no I knew what you meant! You're not the only one who doesn't accurately express their opinion :o I really hope she sorts herself out, its such a shame to see someone so young and with opportunities few of us will ever get just piss it up the wall.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh no I knew what you meant! You're not the only one who doesn't accurately express their opinion :o I really hope she sorts herself out, its such a shame to see someone so young and with opportunities few of us will ever get just piss it up the wall.

I guess it just goes to show that it doesn't matter what you have in terms of fame/fortune/doing a job you love. Mental health issues can affect anyone, regardless of those things. And, in some cases, having those opportunities can actually make things a million times worse because people simply can't cope with the fame or the pressure. Just look at what happened to the lovely Amy Winehouse :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I guess it just goes to show that it doesn't matter what you have in terms of fame/fortune/doing a job you love. Mental health issues can affect anyone, regardless of those things. And, in some cases, having those opportunities can actually make things a million times worse because people simply can't cope with the fame or the pressure. Just look at what happened to the lovely Amy Winehouse :(

I'm a huge Winehouse fan, was gutted when she died, especially as it was about a point where it seemed she was getting things together :cry::cry::cry: Falling apart in front of millions must be very, very hard, sadly I think these celebs often don't get the help they need because they often have no one saying no. I only got help because of friends and family, if I had people enabling me I wouldn't have done.
  • GAZ237GAZ237 Posts: 863
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hardly the crime of the century. Using a phone is 3 points and £60 fine. How many of you smoke or eat at the wheel? Give her a break.

She wont be found guilty of failing to stop for a cop on a pushbike. Probably only a pcso anyway and they can be ignored as they have no legal right to do F-all.

A pcso has no more right to flag her down than i do.
  • CocothekittenCocothekitten Posts: 1,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She looks like Jodie Marsh in that news article.