BB Posters Reunited and WELCOME to the lurkers! (Part 53)

Comments

• Flora PosteFlora Poste Posts: 18,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not even in two life times, will that happen ....... trust me ! :p

Never say never, you might find a niche market for something or other one day :D
  • BarracuteBarracute Posts: 242,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    She could have improvised with her umbrella. :cool:

:eek::D:p
  • HickyHicky Posts: 50,488
    Forum Member
    Fred the weatherman (and some others) says "North" to mean the lakes, Merseyside Tyneside, Yorkshire etc and then he make a sweeping movement over Scotland and says it will snow. (all over, as if its a village):D
    If i head up the Motorway on the M6 one way it's South, the opposite way is North.
  • honeythewitchhoneythewitch Posts: 37,237
    Forum Member
    Hicky wrote: »
    If i head up the Motorway on the M6 one way it's South, the opposite way is North.

Yes, she is north from us and Flora in a directional sense, but not "In" the north as an area. If you were going to Greenland you wouldn't just say "im going up north" would you?
    Forum Member
    Yes, she is north from us and Flora in a directional sense, but not "In" the north as an area. If you were going to Greenland you wouldn't just say "im going up north" would you?
    Just go by the Compass, even the Satnav says the direction of the Compass, it doesn't look according to the country its in.
    Forum Member
    Just go by the Compass, even the Satnav says the direction of the Compass, it doesn't look according to the country its in.

I am not denying she is north but she isnt IN "the north". We are south from SR but we are not IN "the south" are we? :D

North , north west north east south south west south east are all geographical areas of England.:D
    Forum Member
    I am not denying she is north but she isnt IN "the north". We are south from SR but we are not IN "the south" are we? :D

North , north west north east south south west south east are all geographical areas of England.:D
    I didn't say SR was in the North, i said she was up North.

I think you are losing the plot my dear.

North is North from where i am South is south from where i am.
    That fact will never change, Countries don't come into it.
  • JoJo4JoJo4 Posts: 38,663
    Forum Member
    Barracute wrote: »
    I am sure we are all glad there was no sign of it :eek::p

Nowhere near as glad as she was:cool:
    Forum Member
    I didn't say SR was in the North, i said shhe was up North.

I think you are losing the plot my dear.

North is North from where i am South is south from where i am.
    That fact will never change, Countries don't come into it.

"Up north" usually refers to a specific area of England.
    Forum Member
    "Up north" usually refers to a specific area of England.
    Where does the country come into a direction?

Is there a country on the Compass, if not you've got your pointless argument.
    Forum Member
    Where does the country come into a direction?

Is there a country on the Compass, if not you've got your pointless argument.

I think she might be west if we look at the compass anyway. :D:D:D
    Forum Member
    Forum Member

Oh how lovely. :) He's not at school yet surely?
    Forum Member
    I think she might be west if we look at the compass anyway. :D:D:D
    If i drive West i go into the Sea.
  • Flora PosteFlora Poste Posts: 18,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Aww, thats so sweet :)
    Forum Member
    Oh how lovely. :) He's not at school yet surely?
    No, he's only 2yrs old, My O/H has to take him and his Brother, he's 6. but the young one love going with them.
    Forum Member
    Old chinese proverb,,,,,"lies will come back and bite you on the bottom" (and sharks) http://news.sky.com/story/1063713/shark-wrestler-sacked-as-he-was-on-sick-leave

Where was the shark wrestling and the children being saved? :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,474
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    evening all :)

i've got a stupid cold :( well it's not like a proper cold, it's one of those pathetic runny nose things that use a whole toilet roll, but not much other symptoms. i put it down to being freezing cold twice this week. once on my own doorstep where i was so cold it seemed like my stomach was shivering as well. really strange feeling. i had a good sleep as well, not sure why i've caught something, i hardly see anyone.

i started to watch the chelts festival today and spent half an hour trying to sort out tvketchup which was buffering itself to bits. 10 minutes before the race i gave up went direct to channel 4 and then had to login and it kept saying insufficient bandwidth :mad: there should be nothing wrong with my bandwidth grr. then back to tvketchup and finally it worked 2 minutes before the first race. maddening. of all the things i just want to work live (sortof live), 4 days a year. not much to ask!

now this silly nose.
    Forum Member
    Old chinese proverb,,,,,"lies will come back and bite you on the bottom" (and sharks) http://news.sky.com/story/1063713/shark-wrestler-sacked-as-he-was-on-sick-leave

Where was the shark wrestling and the children being saved? :D
    He'd been off sick for months, but was on Holiday and wrestling a Shark, pulling the wool over someones eyes, and it wasn't the sharks, but it got in the papers and got back to the company, Oopsssssssssssssssssssss.:))))))))))

Not sure if he was North or South at the time.:D
    Forum Member
    doodle doo wrote: »

i've got a stupid cold :( well it's not like a proper cold, it's one of those pathetic runny nose things that use a whole toilet roll, but not much other symptoms. i put it down to being freezing cold twice this week. once on my own doorstep where i was so cold it seemed like my stomach was shivering as well. really strange feeling. i had a good sleep as well, not sure why i've caught something, i hardly see anyone.

i started to watch the chelts festival today and spent half an hour trying to sort out tvketchup which was buffering itself to bits. 10 minutes before the race i gave up went direct to channel 4 and then had to login and it kept saying insufficient bandwidth :mad: there should be nothing wrong with my bandwidth grr. then back to tvketchup and finally it worked 2 minutes before the first race. maddening. of all the things i just want to work live (sortof live), 4 days a year. not much to ask!

now this silly nose.
    Evening Doods.:))))))))

You didn't get wet and stay in wet cloths did you?
    Just wondering.

Can't stay, up at 4.30.
    Will look at the Outlook address book again.

Nighty Night All. :)))))))))):yawn::sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep:
    Forum Member
    doodle doo wrote: »

h
    now this silly nose.
    Doods please be very careful. That is exactly how this cold/asthma-ey/ choking /phlem -spewing/ blood coughing/throat ripping/ bronchitis thing started a month ago and I'm still feeling dreadful.

How did you do with the horses?:)
    Forum Member
    He'd been off sick for months, but was on Holiday and wrestling a Shark, pulling the wool over someones eyes, and it wasn't the sharks, but it got in the papers and got back to the company, Oopsssssssssssssssssssss.:))))))))))

Not sure if he was North or South at the time.:D
    Think he was in the water.:p

He was off with stress though, and i would have thought a good holiday with a bit of gentle swimming with sharks and stroking them would do him good.
    More likely sacked for being an exaggerating wally.
    Forum Member
    Evening Doods.:))))))))

Just wondering.

Can't stay, up at 4.30.

Nighty Night All. :)))))))))):yawn::sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep:

Night night sleeptight, Hicky xxx
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Evening Doods.:.))))))))

Just wondering.

Can't stay, up at 4.30.

Nighty Night All. :)))))))))):yawn::.sleep::.sleep::s.leep::sleep::sleep:

no, no wet clothes. just the cold i think. yes click the contact button bottom left, then double click the contact that won't auto-complete and see if the email field is filled in on both the left and top right.

then check that setting [sorry lost instructions again] for the 'check contacts first' thing i posted the other day.
    Doods please be very careful. That is exactly how this cold/asthma-ey/ choking /phlem -spewing/ blood coughing/throat ripping/ bronchitis thing started a month ago and I'm still feeling dreadful.

How did you do with the horses?:)

nah, it won't come to much i don't think - touch wood.

today was utterly enjoyable when i got to see it :D really exciting :D i don't bet real money at the festival (i would if i was there) but virtual money is enough to make it fun. last year was a super success, made a third again, this year started off super, got the 1 2, but all told £7 down today. grandouet, that's all i'll say :eek: :(

all year watching all the other races i think chelts, pah, but then here it is and i'm on the clouds, can't wait.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    right i'm off to sleep now.

you know today i really missed the days when you could press a button on the front of the telly and pick a channel and it was on. so simple. now it's all digital pfeh. i'm sounding old aren't i, but they could have left analogue on in case of computer bother!

nighty night, sleep well all x :)
This discussion has been closed.