Jake Bugg - Lightning Bolt

PunksNotDeadPunksNotDead Posts: 21,125
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Anyone heard it? I really like it, he sounds very much like Bob Dylan looking forward to his album :)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There was a thread on him last week I think. No younger artist out there more talented than him.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 106
    Forum Member
    Anyone heard it? I really like it, he sounds very much like Bob Dylan looking forward to his album :)
    Yes I think he's really good, I really enjoy his sound. Looking forward to his album next week. I tried to post the video for Trouble town which is a fave of mine but I couldn't get it to work,:o
    Forum Member
    I've just seen on Itunes that Jake is currently at number one with his album, really delighted with that. I'm sure his physicals will do well this week too.:)
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,908
    Forum Member
    Has the album been officially released yet? I plan to buy it. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    he is really good! I love Two Fingers
    Forum Member
    mimicole wrote: »
    Has the album been officially released yet? I plan to buy it. :)
    Yes it's out now and looks like it will do really well too. He's at one on Itunes, Two on HMV new releases, Number five on Amazon.:)
    Forum Member
    ^ Cool. I knew that it was being released soon but didn't realise that it was out now.

I'm gonna wait until I've been paid again and then I'll buy it. I need to stop spending so much! :eek:
  • Dr. LinusDr. Linus Posts: 6,445
    Forum Member
    Only just discovered him yesterday and can't stop listening to Lightning Bolt, so I think I'll download the album tonight. Can't believe he's been number one on iTunes all day, that's a brilliant achievement.
  • far2coolfar2cool Posts: 6,334
    Forum Member
    Noel Gallagher recommended the album in his blog

I'll give it a listen just for that
  • yohinnchildyohinnchild Posts: 52,499
    Forum Member
    Amazing Album :)

Hope it can stay at the top
  • far2coolfar2cool Posts: 6,334
    Forum Member
    Not a bad album actually
    Forum Member
    I read this online on the NME website.
    Bugg has previously supported The Stone Roses and after finishing his stint with Noel will head on the road across the US with Snow Patrol. He releases his eponymous debut today (October 15) and will tour the UK next month.
    Pretty impressive for an 18 year old.:p
  • my name is joemy name is joe Posts: 4,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sounds really good, i'm gonna check some more out
    Forum Member
    Just had another look . Jake is still number one on Itunes, Number one on HMV top 10 music and number four on Amazon music bestsellers. :p fantastic for him, I think he will chart at number one this sunday.:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    I've bought the album and live tickets
  • yellowlabbieyellowlabbie Posts: 59,081
    Forum Member
    He is a very talented young man.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member
    He's fantastic, so pleased he's doing well.
  • my name is joemy name is joe Posts: 4,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    just watched a bunch of his songs

probably the most convincing male singer and songwriter iv'e heard since Alex Turner, very very promising
    Forum Member
    just watched a bunch of his songs

probably the most convincing male singer and songwriter iv'e heard since Alex Turner, very very promising
    I only found out about him a while ago myself and I'm very impressed with him. It's exciting to enjoy a new artist and be there at the start just as he's about to really take off.
  • gettygetty Posts: 3,480
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He reminds me of a young Bob Dylan which is ok in my book, #1 album this week?
    Forum Member
    getty wrote: »
    He reminds me of a young Bob Dylan which is ok in my book, #1 album this week?
    Sort of a bit Bob Dylan and a bit Jonny Cash too maybe, but it still sounds fresh. Yes I think he will get the number one album this week, there's lots of buzz about him.:)
  • BadKid95BadKid95 Posts: 7,137
    Forum Member
    I really like him, Two Fingers is my favourite so far and I'll be sure to check out his album, a very talented young man it seems
    Forum Member
    Just seen on Twitter that Jake is at number one in today's Midweeks with over 2.500 in front of two. :D

Here is the tweet..
    @JAMESINREHAB: Leona Lewis album Glassheart is current no.2 in the midweek charts but just 2,500 behind Jake Bugg at no.1.
    Forum Member
    he is really good! I love Two Fingers

I love that song too :)
  • Dr. LinusDr. Linus Posts: 6,445
    Forum Member
    Can't overestimate what an achievement it is that an 18-year old Dylan-ite on an indie label is outselling Leona Lewis with his debut album. Can't applaud him enough.

I bought the album as I said I would, and I'm not disappointed. Some fantastic songs. Highly recommended. I wish Jake every success.