Assassin’s Creed II Free From 16th July

N-I-C-KN-I-C-K Posts: 3,268
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Assassin’s Creed II will be free for xbox gold members from the 16th July - 31st July.

What's the game like... I've not played the first one. Is it worth renting the first one before playing this.

I enjoyed the free Fable game at first, but I found it got boring after awhile.

Comments

• Ash_735Ash_735 Posts: 8,493
    Forum Member
    It's not essential to play the first game, by comparison the first game is very boring and repetitive, I found the Ezio Trilogy (AC2, Brotherhood, Revelations) to be the best AC games so far, and AC2 started that in a brilliant way.
  • Danger CloseDanger Close Posts: 3,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As Ash said, it's a little repetitive. Especially when compared to Ezio's story.
    It's not a bad game though. If you're only going to rent it it's worth a punt, if you only play through the story and don't get bogged down looking for flags and such.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,129
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd say it is important to play the first game - it fills out the story - which is the most important thing and I do like Altair..and, no real spoilers, but you will not understand some bits of a later game if you do not play the first.

I didn't find the first one boring a little repetitive, yes, but they had obviously thought: how would an assassin set-up a hit? And then put those stages into the game - remember - they were also building the engine, the way the game worked etc and they did SUPERBY well...with Ezio they hit the ground running on the game play and just had the perfect play ground with Italy they couldn't fail.

As Danger Close said: play through the story - forget about the other stuff. I've played through all the games twice (not AC3 - playing that now) and enjoyed them every single time.

They are all worth playing - for me they are the best games of the past few years - the level of detail and the lovely historical touches within the story shows the makers had one hell of a Venn diagram in their offices.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,480
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Going to look this up if I still can as the version I had broke,
  • fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Squibbles wrote: »
    Going to look this up if I still can as the version I had broke,

Don't hang around, it will only be available until tomorrow.
  • austino6austino6 Posts: 301
    Forum Member
    A little birdy tells me it's dead rising 2 & crackdown for august
  • steven123steven123 Posts: 3,237
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    austino6 wrote: »
    A little birdy tells me it's dead rising 2 & crackdown for august

Hope so, been thinking of buying Dead Rising 2 for over a year now, kept seeing it on offer getting cheaper and cheaper and now might have it for nowt :D

Crackdown is supposed to be decent too though doesn't appeal as much tbh.
  • austino6austino6 Posts: 301
    Forum Member
    Here's the link to the article

http://www.oxm.co.uk/59216/rumour-dead-rising-2-crackdown-will-be-the-next-free-xbox-games/

We will find out tomorrow anyway but i hope it is DR 2