Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Thinking of getting this and noticed that Apollo Justice is in the game

Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney is the only game in the series i haven't finished and was wondering if it was essential to do it before getting this new one

Comments

• mred2000mred2000 Posts: 10,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Liked the demo and have always had the series on my to-do list so I just got it... didn't get the impression that playing previous games was necessary, especially as this supposedly begins years after the last game.
  • ToriamathToriamath Posts: 1,083
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's not essential to finish the game. It does give you a better understanding, but you don't need to know what happened in the last game as a lot of the bits that are important are explained briefly anyway.
    I'm on the second episode of dual destinies now and I'd definitely recommend it (although I am a bit biased as Ace Attorney is my favourite game series ever) especially as it's only £20 which I think is a good price.
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,685
    Forum Member
    Cant wait to get this for Xmas - I love Phoenix Wright :D
    Seems a bit out of step for the game to be M rated in the US which usually means 16+ over here :eek:
    The AA could sometimes get dark but nothing too heavy.
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Perhaps the judge gets a bit frustrated! "For f**k's sake, Mr Wright!" Ha.

I've played all of the series except the first game, so will get my hands on this one eventually. Well, I would do if it weren't a digital-only release! Since I don't want to use my debit card, it looks like I'll have to pay £25 for an eShop card from Game when the game itself is only £19.99. Bah, I got all the previous games used from eBay, I'm not used to paying full price! :p
    Forum Member
    Maybe the 3D makes things more gruesome with some real blood/swearing? :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 277
    Forum Member
    I'm playing this game at the minute, and it is great!! I have played Apollo Justice (and the previous Phoenix Wright games- not finished the Miles Edgeworth game though) too but I don't think it is necessary to have played it to follow this game at all- only advantage is that you will know some of the characters a bit better than people who haven't played previous games (and running gags like cleaning the toilet which might seem very random to people who haven't played before).

Not sure yet why the higher rating though- it has it's fair share of creepy characters but no more so than previous games.

I love it, but I am biased as I love Ace Attorney :P
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Zocky wrote: »
    running gags like cleaning the toilet

I've played all games except the first one but I don't remember that. Clearly it was too long ago that I played 'em!
  • EStaffs90EStaffs90 Posts: 13,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    grimtales1 wrote: »
    Cant wait to get this for Xmas - I love Phoenix Wright :D
    Seems a bit out of step for the game to be M rated in the US which usually means 16+ over here :eek:
    The AA could sometimes get dark but nothing too heavy.

Maybe, because of the 3D effect, there's more of a chance of cutting yourself on Apollo's hair this time around.
  • DandemDandem Posts: 13,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really want to play this, but I don't own (nor did I ever plan on getting) a 3DS.

Hurts me that I've got the first 4, but can't get this.
  • AA2009AA2009 Posts: 8,378
    Forum Member
    Why don't you get a 3DS?
    Forum Member
    I love Phoenix Wright and visual novels, can't wait to play the new game!