Tesco clubcard - points onto card using receipts

SwarfegaSwarfega Posts: 1,513
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hi.

Many weeks ago I applied online for a clubcard. At the time it said it'd take something like 3 weeks to get to me, which I thought was a long time especially as Sainsbury's (Nectar) managed to send me theirs in a few days.
Anyway - 7 weeks later it's actually arrived.
I've kept some receipts so I can put the points onto my card when I'm next in store.

Does anyone know if there's a limit of how many receipts they'll deal with and/or if there's a time limit on when the receipts were from (ie, would they refuse receipts from over a month ago?)?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 71
    Forum Member
    Hi I had the same issue and the customer service desk added all my points on with no problem. Nothing states a time limit as far as I know.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,306
    Forum Member
    Our local tesco will only add points on from the last 14 days and no more than 3 receipts.

Although I am sure given the circumstances and that the fact that you have only just received your card they would have no problems in adding on any points you have accumulated during that time.

Just ask at the customer services desk.
  • SproggSprogg Posts: 16,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Go to a member of staff that looks nice (I know, I know. Easier said than done in Tesco). Because if you go to a jobsworth they might start bleating on about some unofficial policy of only accepting so many receipts. :)
  • megatron_manmegatron_man Posts: 873
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i wouldn't bother with speaking to the store:sleep:,

go to the tesco website, get the clubcard address, send ur receipts with covering letter to the head office, they will put every point on!!:cool:
  • couscouscouscous Posts: 1,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They'd be silly not to with the supermarkets trying to get business from each other. If you get no joy at customer service ask for the duty manager. They'll no doubt be too busy to come down so will prob add on all your points. I have to say I've never had a problem with Tesco adding points on for me in the past but my recipts have only ever been a few weeks old.
  • rockerchickrockerchick Posts: 9,255
    Forum Member
    didnt you use a temporary card
  • rockerchickrockerchick Posts: 9,255
    Forum Member
    sorry just seen you did it online
  • Tumble weedTumble weed Posts: 8,200
    Forum Member
    i wouldn't bother with speaking to the store:sleep:,

go to the tesco website, get the clubcard address, send ur receipts with covering letter to the head office, they will put every point on!!:cool:

Surely this would be pointless seeing as you'd waste X amount on a stamp and envelope?