Toshiba 58l7365db

battlezonebattlezone Posts: 1,838
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Has anyone seen one of these in action?

From the specs it looks good. Seriously thinking of giving one a go if I can find a stockist to see it working.

Comments

• battlezonebattlezone Posts: 1,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bump :)
  • davesprayerdavesprayer Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    i have seen on costco website this tv selling at £1099.99 (thats with vat!) but no reviews for it anywhere looks a bargain but is it any good?
  • barbelerbarbeler Posts: 23,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Catchy name :-)
  • davesprayerdavesprayer Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    its what i used to do "sprayer" too many Daves so hence name !Now retired
  • battlezonebattlezone Posts: 1,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i have seen on costco website this tv selling at £1099.99 (thats with vat!) but no reviews for it anywhere looks a bargain but is it any good?

Well...took the plunge and it arrived this morning. What convinced me to go with Costco was the 90 day approval period! Oh! And the great price which included a Tosh Bluray player albeit not 3D. Not to worry as I already have one.

After an initial hiccup where the TV wouldn't allow me to sign up to the cloud all is well. I had been recording lots of 3D stuff on Sky in preparation of going 3D. I am at the moment quite impressed with the outcome. I am at the moment using all the default settings and it still looks good.

The sound is impressive considering it is rear facing. This will suffice for normal viewing. When we watch movies or decent DD programmes the home cinema amp gets switched on.

The thing that is annoying me for now is the performance required to switch the 3D on when watching Sky. Press the 3D button then select 3D on the next screen then accept the warning on the next screen before uninterrupted viewing can begin.

However when using the Bluray to watch 3D the TV changes over instantly.

I did notice a slight flicker when watching 3D but after about 5 minutes this disappeared. I would think when engrossed in a good movie the wearing of the glasses will not be that noticeable. I do wear glasses anyway when not using contacts.

HD programmes seem to be as good as the 4 year old 47inch Tosh this is replacing. The overall physical size isn't that much bigger due to the wafer thin bezel on the new set. I'm able to use the Tosh stand using a couple of adapters to change the VESA size. This set is actually lighter than the previous one.

Happy days!