convert email to word document?

is it possible to convert an email to a word document? I got an email with pics in that when sent to a certain contact of mine doesn't see the pictures unless they are attached and not embeded like the email I have has. Is there a way to convert the email to word? I have tried copying and pasting the email into word but where the images are I just see blank spaces

Comments

• GormondGormond Posts: 15,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And what email program are you using?
  • andybno1andybno1 Posts: 6,142
    Forum Member
    oh yeh soz lol outlook 2003
  • GormondGormond Posts: 15,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    andybno1 wrote: »
    oh yeh soz lol outlook 2003

Pretty sure if you open the email and then do "save as" from the file menu you will have word as an option.
    Forum Member
    I just have html (which doesn't save the images) text file outlook template or outlook message format
  • whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i've just done save as too and i've only those options. is it a big email? and cant you copy paste the text and import the pictures into it?
    Forum Member
    theres quite a few images more of a lazy thing for me going through each image and saving them type thing
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,098
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do you use hotmail at all, u could always email it to yourself (from outlook to hotmail) and see if you can then send it to that contact and it works (ok not a great solution but maybe a quick fix?)
    Forum Member
    think it still faces the issue of having images embeded thats where things go wrong, hmm maybe I should accept defeat lol
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 131
    Forum Member
    Perhaps you should check what email handler is used at the other end - sometimes you find that only attached images are acceptable, in which case you could look into how to send the images as attachments (rather than embedded, which might be interpreted as hosting nasties).
  • flagpoleflagpole Posts: 44,641
    Forum Member
    is the recipient just not set to show images???
  • TheBigMTheBigM Posts: 13,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It may be that the recipient can only read plain-text emails not HTML ones.
    Forum Member
    ok.....

dandnsmith tried sending email as attachment nope never worked, flagpole I couldn't comment never thought to ask lol and TheBigM she sends emails with a signature that contains a animated image but seems unable to accept embeded picture emails
  • !!11oneone!!11oneone Posts: 4,098
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't you save it as an html document. Open the html document in Word, then save it as a Word document?
    Forum Member
    andybno1 wrote: »
    I just have html (which doesn't save the images) text file outlook template or outlook message format

already covered HTML
  • !!11oneone!!11oneone Posts: 4,098
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ah, ok. Sorry.

If you convert it to plain text before forwarding, won't the images just appear as attachments?

The problem is that Outlook doesn't do html emails properly, rather typically is has it's own little thing.
    Forum Member
    they decided to call it a day on the email and gave up............ they have no stamina lol
  • etldlrletldlrl Posts: 6,162
    Forum Member
    The solution to this is probably very simple. Change the compose message format from "Microsoft Rich Text" to "HTML". The images will be sent as attachments and may be displayed inline or separately at the end (depending on which software is used to read it) but it should display them one way or the other.

"Microsoft Rich Text" format is a menace because it supports and encourages the embedding of OLE objects in messages. Just one small problem. That is not standard e-mail behavior and it is prone to being misinterpreted by anything other than Outlook.