Royal Mail non delivery of post advice please

morecowbellmorecowbell Posts: 1,491
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hi all,

I, and my neighbours, currently have a problem with our post not being delivered.

This started at the beginning of the month. I currently have 13 parcels and god knows how much post sitting in the delivery office.

We appear to not have a postman delivering letters, and the van delivery has disappeared too.

I have complained to the Royal Mail customer service department who just gave me the stock answer of making sure I wait 15 days for first class mail. Its well over that now.

I have rung the Delivery Office who admit they have our post and they will "try" to get it to us. Have been waiting in all month and nothing has come. No sign of a postie on our road too.

Does anyone know of any written address I can write to to complain? Ive looked on the Royal Mail website but of course, it cuts you dead when you wish to address a real person.

Im clutching at straws here I know but this has gone on long enough.

What would YOU do?

Comments

• CruachanCruachan Posts: 7,211
    Forum Member
    I would, in the first instance, write and complain to the person in charge of the Delivery Office. It is their responsibility to ensure that post entrusted to them for delivery is delivered - and you've been told that the items are there.

Depending upon the response, I would then escalate the matter as necessary.
  • GogfumbleGogfumble Posts: 22,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No idea about an address but in the meantime while the problem is getting sorted why not arrange with your delivery office to go in and collect your mail yourself?
  • morecowbellmorecowbell Posts: 1,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gogfumble wrote: »
    No idea about an address but in the meantime while the problem is getting sorted why not arrange with your delivery office to go in and collect your mail yourself?

Thanks Gogfumble. It shuts at 12.00 and is closed tomorrow but I will now go down Saturday morning and see if I can pick it up. If they told me earlier that they had a problem/staff issues etc I would of done this earlier but of course no one has said a thing about any problems.

The silly thing is, I used to BE a postie and Im not sure if just walking in to pick up is actually allowed anymore (ie. without a "missed delivery" card)

I will have to take my driving license and hope for the best.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cruachan wrote: »
    I would, in the first instance, write and complain to the person in charge of the Delivery Office. It is their responsibility to ensure that post entrusted to them for delivery is delivered - and you've been told that the items are there.

Depending upon the response, I would then escalate the matter as necessary.

Ill see if I can get his name when I go Saturday. My next door neighbours are both posties at the main sorting office here and they are unaware of any problems but something MUST be going on to have our post held for a month.
  • JulesFJulesF Posts: 6,461
    Forum Member
    Thanks Gogfumble. It shuts at 12.00 and is closed tomorrow but I will now go down Saturday morning and see if I can pick it up. If they told me earlier that they had a problem/staff issues etc I would of done this earlier but of course no one has said a thing about any problems.

The silly thing is, I used to BE a postie and Im not sure if just walking in to pick up is actually allowed anymore (ie. without a "missed delivery" card)

I will have to take my driving license and hope for the best.

They SHOULD really be fine about handing your post over, if you bring ID with you. I always forget to take my missed delivery card along and they're never bothered about it. Make sure you ask them what's going on! What a ridiculous sitation. Good luck!
  • CruachanCruachan Posts: 7,211
    Forum Member
    Ill see if I can get his name when I go Saturday. My next door neighbours are both posties at the main sorting office here and they are unaware of any problems but something MUST be going on to have our post held for a month.

Making a formal written complaint may be helpful to the person in charge - ammunition to help him/her get resources to resolve whatever is the problem. A complaint does not have to be nasty and personal - it should be about service.
  • fredsterfredster Posts: 31,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You said your neighbours are not getting any post. But you say they are posties,can't they do anything to get your post?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fredster wrote: »
    You said your neighbours are not getting any post. But you say they are posties,can't they do anything to get your post?

Unfortunately not. They are as in the dark as me. Partner rung them yesterday and they finally admitted they had a problem but gave a different excuse to what they gave me.

They HAVE said I can go down Saturday to collect my post though so will grab my driving license and go get it!