I really hate Daphne from eggheads

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 213
Forum Member
She is so annoying!! Every time she opens her mouth I want her to shut up. Might be harsh but anyone else feel the same?

Comments

• intoxicationintoxication Posts: 7,059
    Forum Member
    She is so annoying!! Every time she opens her mouth I want her to shut up. Might be harsh but anyone else feel the same?

Is she the old one that looks like a wonga puppet? If so I always thought she was the best of an annoying bunch, her and the guy in the glasses (not the old grey one.) I don't watch it enough to see if she is worthy of hatred though
  • Collins1965Collins1965 Posts: 13,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She is a smug know it all. I can't stand her myself.
  • bargepolebargepole Posts: 344
    Forum Member
    So she's a Brain of Britain winner, and twice 15 to 1 series champion, who gets well paid for exercising her encyclopaedic level of knowledge on a popular TV quiz show.

Whereas you're a sad no mark posting pathetic insults on an internet forum.

Who should be the one to shut up? Hmm, difficult choice ...
  • Gerry MandarinGerry Mandarin Posts: 889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    she's a feckin auld boot who pretends she doesn't know half the answers and guesses...and guess what?? surprise surprise.
  • Collins1965Collins1965 Posts: 13,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its her smugness that gets me, rather than the fact that she does kow a lot. I'm also always amazed at how when she says she doesn't know an answer and has to guess, her guesses are 99.9 % right!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 213
    Forum Member
    Maybe hate was a bit strong but yes the smugness is the most annoying feature, all dithery and umm and arrr over answers when she knows exactly what the answer is.
  • wuffleswuffles Posts: 45,734
    Forum Member
    I couldn't stand her when she was on 15 to 1 and my opinion hasn't changed!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's lovely and sweet.
  • BigOrangeBigOrange Posts: 59,653
    Forum Member
    Daphne I can cope with. Her good friend Barry however is in a league of his own !!

At least CJ's gone. I haven't really formulated a view on the new guy yet, he seems less irritating than your average Egghead.
  • GoodBuddyGoodBuddy Posts: 2,211
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I met her whan I was on the show. She seemed very pleasant and was happy to talk openly to us.
  • ~Twinkle~~Twinkle~ Posts: 8,165
    Forum Member
    I haven't got a problem with any of them but Pat is my favourite. I love the way he puts his tongue in his cheek when he's thinking.
  • AddisonianAddisonian Posts: 16,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bargepole wrote: »
    So she's a Brain of Britain winner, and twice 15 to 1 series champion, who gets well paid for exercising her encyclopaedic level of knowledge on a popular TV quiz show.

Sounds like the OP has touched a nerve with you here - is she a friend of yours or something?
    Is she the old one that looks like a wonga puppet?
    :D:D:D
  • gerry dgerry d Posts: 12,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I find her voice very irritating
  • PinkPetuniaPinkPetunia Posts: 5,479
    Forum Member
    jackbell wrote: »
    She's lovely and sweet.

I feel that all an act , she is ruthless and so wants to win . I see nothing at all sweet about her .
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 454
    Forum Member
    Ugh, that patronising shake of the head she does when someone on the other team gets a question wrong riles me so much! She's so annoying! In fact, everyone is on that show apart from the lovely Judith.
  • PinkPetuniaPinkPetunia Posts: 5,479
    Forum Member
    Bunny82 wrote: »
    Ugh, that patronising shake of the head she does when someone on the other team gets a question wrong riles me so much! She's so annoying! In fact, everyone is on that show apart from the lovely Judith.

And the sage nodding when she knows the answer and makes sure we know she knows it when its not her turn.
  • JumbobonesJumbobones Posts: 1,814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Her vocal cords have got Parkinsons
  • Mr TeacakeMr Teacake Posts: 6,593
    Forum Member
    ~Twinkle~ wrote: »
    I haven't got a problem with any of them but Pat is my favourite. I love the way he puts his tongue in his cheek when he's thinking.

He looks like George Galloway with his beard :D
  • Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I feel that all an act , she is ruthless and so wants to win . I see nothing at all sweet about her .

You make her sound like Hitler. :D

It's only a quiz show. Lol.
  • ganderpoke66ganderpoke66 Posts: 2,128
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Well said.

A small minded thread started by a small minded nobody.

Daphne rawks.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 961
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Top answer:cool:
  • Mr JazzmanMr Jazzman Posts: 2,576
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Why doesn't she show off her knowledge then rather than putting on the 'I don't know anything' act. She has guessed correct answers for years now and it is not entertaining in the slightest.
  • RoseAnneRoseAnne Posts: 3,200
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jumbobones wrote: »
    Her vocal cords have got Parkinsons

If you actually knew anyone who had this illness you'd never say such a thing. :mad:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 961
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mr Jazzman wrote: »
    Why doesn't she show off her knowledge then rather than putting on the 'I don't know anything' act. She has guessed correct answers for years now and it is not entertaining in the slightest.

The funny thing is she knows the answer to this, whereas you do not.
  • elgransenor1elgransenor1 Posts: 1,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    she got every question right when she appeared on fifteen to one, but yeah on eggheads seems to be pretending to guess half the time?

yes she is a lovely old dear, but the lying is a bit annoying.