Xbox one - who has played it already?

magic martinmagic martin Posts: 594
Forum Member
✭✭
I guess like most Xbox 360 players, I was invited to the Xbox One "Preview" Sessions held recently in London and Manchester.

I went along and was able to play the games that were there including Fifa, Forza, Zoo tycoon and Battlefield 4 amongst others but sadly no Cod Ghosts!

To be honest the games were graphically impressive but were not the "massive step up" that I'd hoped for though - but guess that's since they probably play at 720p up scaled to 1080p which is after all the same as the xbox 360 but with more power to add textures etc! Saying that when I was queuing up to play a game I noticed much more graphical detail then I'd noticed when actually playing the game e.g reflection in puddles in road etc

I understood the games were not the final release versions and as I expected to be - Forza easily the most impressive game gave one lap of a track but took about 1 min from wanting to start race with limited selected car to the race actually starting. Fifa was the usual graphically good but "scripted game" where my mate who hardly ever plays the game lost only 2-0 to me despite me having more or less all the possession but not able to score. Zoo tycoon was graphically great but crashed soon after I crazily span my man around and around noting the graphics not keeping up. Played battlefield 4 in games of two teams of 6 (I think) a side and it looked very good but didn't feel right - I'm a cod player so that's the main problem and I'm sure the absence of headphones at the event was the main reason for this as you couldn't hear people around you

Did anyone else go and what did you think?:)

Comments

• GARETH197901GARETH197901 Posts: 22,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I Played BF4 at Eurogamer(got an hour on that) and i liked it but i agree it wasnt a massive step up,but as you say could have been early code
  • fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Played Forza 5 at Eurogamer back in September. Very shiny, very smooth, lovely cars, handled as expected, but hard to get excited by what was a dull track. The aliasing was a bit of a worry as well, but I put that down to early code.

It was nice, but not nice enough to convince me to part with the cash just yet.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Iv played dead rising / forza / Battlefield and Cod ( I work for game so got a few hours with each)

Found a solution to the games looking cr@p (well at least on our well used LG HDTV screens that MS supplied for the lock ins)

In the tv settings themselves, they were set to an "interactive setting" which when we switched over that setting to pre-set "Game" setting it stopped the majority (not all) of the obvious aliasing / screen "blinking".

No one mentioned to us to check the tvs were set up correctly!

I understand that these tvs are normally hired out to be used at trade shows / conventions etc.

Probably everyone who reads this will say "well duh, you should check the tv" but it never occured to us to check the tv settings until a few people had made comments.

On my tv at home, Iv got a seperate setting for each of the HDMI ports SKY/PS3/Xbox ect to get the best out of them.