"Killer Joe" - A Must Watch!!!

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 169
Forum Member
I don't want to give anything away, but this movie just blew me away and shocked me at the same time. Very unpredictable plot line and you'll be in for a surprise!
It's an extremely black comedy. A cult classic, in my opinion. I'm really surprised this wasn't nominated.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1726669/reviews?ref_=tt_urv

It got great ratings. Don't read the reviews yet, though.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,488
    Forum Member
    It got an NC-17, it had no hope of nominations...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 169
    Forum Member
    It got an NC-17, it had no hope of nominations...

R rated movies can't get nominated? What?! Well, this is news to me... Why the hell?
  • OpEdOpEd Posts: 579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "NC-17" is not "R". "R" is "R".
  • WeetibixWeetibix Posts: 1,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yeah it was ok and quite watchable. There are much better movies out there though
    Forum Member
    OpEd wrote: »
    "NC-17" is not "R". "R" is "R".

Yeah, yeah, close enough, smartass.
    Forum Member
    Weetibix wrote: »
    yeah it was ok and quite watchable. There are much better movies out there though

Can you name some of these "better" movies within the same genre? Kind of annoyed that you're passing this off as a mere 'meh..good.'
  • RAZORBACKRAZORBACK Posts: 371
    Forum Member
    Is there a fried chicken genre?

:D
  • OpEdOpEd Posts: 579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Polymath wrote: »
    Yeah, yeah, close enough, smartass.

No, dumbass... it is not "close enough"; because that was the very distinction that made what that person was trying to tell you a point (even though the film actually was "R" and not "NC-17" so the point of the point was wrong anyway). ;)
  • sinbad8982sinbad8982 Posts: 1,627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Quite possibly my favourite movie of last year, loved Chronicle too.
  • WeetibixWeetibix Posts: 1,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Polymath wrote: »
    Can you name some of these "better" movies within the same genre? Kind of annoyed that you're passing this off as a mere 'meh..good.'

It was meh in my opinion...your opinion is obviously different.
    Chill out - we can't all like the same movies and your opinion is no more worthwhile than mine.
    I did enjoy the movie but imho it wasn't stand out fantastic.
    I said I've seen better movies - I didn't restrict myself by saying in that particular genre.
    I'm not going to play the game of listing other movies that I enjoyed more because as I said our tastes vary and you will obviously now slag any movies I rate as being poorer whether they are or not. Opinions vary - live with it.
  • attackmusicattackmusic Posts: 3,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I enjoyed it too. It is definitely more than just "the fried chicken" movie :D

All the characters were so grotesque, there is a lot of black comedy there and the ending is pretty surprising.
  • Danger CloseDanger Close Posts: 3,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, I found it extremely dull and turned it off after 45mins.

I normally like black comedy but this just had nothing to interest me.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,488
    Forum Member
    OpEd wrote: »
    No, dumbass... it is not "close enough"; because that was the very distinction that made what that person was trying to tell you a point (even though the film actually was "R" and not "NC-17" so the point of the point was wrong anyway). ;)

It was cut for an R (with the full NC-17 cut later released on DVD), this might have alarmed some members of the Academy. But more likely is that as an indie film, the distributor had no money to spend on marketing and so can't compete with the likes of The Weinsteins who know how to orchestrate an excellent campaign