Wireless Speed Wheel Opinions and Best Price

steven123steven123 Posts: 3,245
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I am a bit of a racing fan, particularly partial to the Forza series and Need for Speed on the 360. Whilst I think the normal 360 controller works great for driving games (feels much better than PS3 pad, thanks to more responsive sticks and better sense of analogue acceleration and braking), I have noticed the wireless speed wheel as seen here http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wireless-Speed-Wheel-Xbox-360/dp/B0057M7HPC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1353621339&sr=8-1 and wonder if this could offer an even better driving-like experience?

So basically, anyone on here use one? If so what do you think of it? How does it feel versus the normal controller?

Also, I play a lot of racing games on the PC too, now I know the 360 controllers work on the PC with an appropriate receiver, but is the same true for the wireless speed wheel? Really hope so.

Finally, are there any good bundle deals available e.g. with a pack in game? or else anywhere that has it on sale?

Comments

• 2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    Yeah I agree with you on the 360 controller, it really is great for racing games, obviously it's limited compared to a steering wheel but it's about as good as it gets where controllers are concerned.

I've not used one of those wireless gadgets, I have read some interesting feedback on it and it's said to be quite fun to use but I wouldn't expect it to be anything more than a novelty tbh, but like I say, I haven't used one so could be wrong.