Nice and not very nice celebrities who you have met

Comments

• Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    [/B]

I mentioned this on another forum I think, but I know someone who worked on Corrie who said the cast were really unfriendly, especially Anthony Cotton and one or two of the women. This person is an actor who has worked on quite a few other high profile shows and they said the Corrie cast were by far the worst they'd ever worked with.

I'm a fan of the show so was quite saddened to hear it.

Apparently most of the crew on Corrie loathe Anthony Cotton because he's so completely vile. I don't think I have ever heard anyone say a good word about him.
  • Midnight RunnerMidnight Runner Posts: 1,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently most of the crew on Corrie loathe Anthony Cotton because he's so completely vile. I don't think I have ever heard anyone say a good word about him.

No me either.

The producers of the show (or some of them anyway) aren't nice either by all accounts.
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

No. I've not seen one good comment about him on here. It must be a case of ... I was having a nice morning until I came across you.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know someone who works on Corrie and apparently Anthony Cotton is loathed by most for being so bitchy and full of his own self importance - He thinks he's Mr Popular but most take the p*** behind his back :D
  • stargazer61stargazer61 Posts: 70,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Donald Sinden lives near me and is often seen around and about in town. He is a lovely man with a wicked sense of humour; chats away quite happily to everyone in the supermarket queue. Paul O'Grady also lives nearby; stood behind him in a queue but didn't dare speak to him as I was convulsed with laughter at what he was saying to the staff! Tom Baker and Joanna Lumley (really nice) also.

However the most amazing man I have met is Sir Patrick Moore. Can only say that he is one of the most welcoming, generous, down-to-earth, interesting, kind, funny, and truely eccentric person (celeb or not) that I have ever met! He really is a great man and puts all the so-called celebs to shame with his sheer generosity of spirit, despite his age and now, sadly, infirmities!
  • jodiemg :)jodiemg :) Posts: 509
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    fiz was awful :(

however the week later i met 3 of girls aloud and they were lovely. sadly i didnt see nicola or sarah because they did come out at the end to sign things and pictures... cheryl,kimberly, and nadine are all very pretty, more so when you see them for real(not in pics)
  • goonerladygoonerlady Posts: 978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Donald Sinden lives near me and is often seen around and about in town. He is a lovely man with a wicked sense of humour; chats away quite happily to everyone in the supermarket queue. Paul O'Grady also lives nearby; stood behind him in a queue but didn't dare speak to him as I was convulsed with laughter at what he was saying to the staff! Tom Baker and Joanna Lumley (really nice) also.

However the most amazing man I have met is Sir Patrick Moore. Can only say that he is one of the most welcoming, generous, down-to-earth, interesting, kind, funny, and truely eccentric person (celeb or not) that I have ever met! He really is a great man and puts all the so-called celebs to shame with his sheer generosity of spirit, despite his age and now, sadly, infirmities!

I am glad Sir Patrick Moore is like he appears on telly.I always though he seems such a genuine person.That is always good to hear:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,277
    Forum Member
    My OH met Ainsley Harriott one time while on a business trip to the UK, in some grocery store or other. He was lovely and friendly, and posed with OH for a photo, which he nicely autographed to me as OH told him I was a fan. (and posed nicely with his friend Attila, who had never heard of Ainsley Harriott before since he didn't get BBC Prime but wanted to have his photo taken with him once OH explained who he was) OH said he was exactly the way he is on tv... friendly, funny and nice. :)
  • Pop_ArtPop_Art Posts: 5,116
    Forum Member
    I cannot believe this after all I have said but I met Keisha from the Sugababes last night and it really is true what people say. She is very cold and looks right through you. I also met Aston from JLS who was lovely. As was Lisa Maffia from So Solid Crew. Alesha Dixon was there as well but sadly I didn't get to meet her.
  • lucy manelucy mane Posts: 10,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pop_Art wrote: »
    I cannot believe this after all I have said but I met Keisha from the Sugababes last night and it really is true what people say. She is very cold and looks right through you. I also met Aston from JLS who was lovely. As was Lisa Maffia from So Solid Crew. Alesha Dixon was there as well but sadly I didn't get to meet her.

I was going to post about her.

I have met some of the people you mentioned, mostly at the Funky Buddha and some other clubs. Also most of the Saturdays. I have slagged Alesha off a few times on the Strictly thread until i met her. She is very lively and talkative. A real nice girl with no airs and graces. I think she was as drunk as me.:D I can remember we were both complimenting each other. She had a lot of mates with her.

I have met a few not very nice celebrities as well.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

A friend of mine met him at a club once and she said he was so rude, and thought he was above everyone and did the whole 'don't you know who I am?' when he had to wait to be served..
  • Ryan-BRyan-B Posts: 1,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    didnt carol from loose women say anthony cotton was the most two faced person she has ever met? something about when the cameras rolled he praised someone but as soon as they were off air he started calling them all sorts!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I met Nina Wadia (Zainab in Eastenders) in Ikea recently, and she was so so lovely! Really friendly and chatty, even though she was in the returns section after ikea had delivered the wrong item to her!
  • Beautiful_HarvBeautiful_Harv Posts: 9,144
    Forum Member
    lucy mane wrote: »

I have met a few not very nice celebrities as well.

Come on, tell us!!
  • Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No me either.

The producers of the show (or some of them anyway) aren't nice either by all accounts.

The show is apparently having a change of Executive Producer soon, and I live in hope that Anthony Cotton is axed from the show. I did hear once that the crew hated him, and also that the producers had run out of storylines for Sean because he is such a useless actor they are basically stuck for things to give him to do. They apparently can't axe him because he's so "in" with the ITV bigwigs so from now on all he will do is stand in the background pulling silly faces and making the occasional silly comment. I'm not complaining about that, but I'd rather not see his annoying face on my T.V screen.
  • jodiemg :)jodiemg :) Posts: 509
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pop_Art wrote: »

you met aston?:cool: u lucky ...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,262
    Forum Member
    goonerlady wrote: »
    I am glad Sir Patrick Moore is like he appears on telly.I always though he seems such a genuine person.That is always good to hear:)

However, on Saturday nights Doctor Who, the Doctor did confirm that Patrick is a devil :p:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,262
    Forum Member
    I have only ever met Pat from Eastenders and George Lamb - both were absolutely lovely :)

And about six or seven years ago my mum met Liam Gallagher. She said he was delightful, really lovely guy and actually down to earth. I dunno whether or not he is still the same. As much as I love Oasis Liam always comes across as a bit of a tosser to me, but my mum loves him now.

And whilst on holiday I saw Cain from Emmerdale but I was too scared to say hello. Also saw Dick Van Dyke, and I wouldn't let my nan get an autograph because he was having dinner :p And Tom from McFly at the airport in America. Didn't say hello but a couple of kids went up for photos and he was being really sweet with them :)
  • alfiewozerealfiewozere Posts: 29,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The show is apparently having a change of Executive Producer soon, and I live in hope that Anthony Cotton is axed from the show. I did hear once that the crew hated him, and also that the producers had run out of storylines for Sean because he is such a useless actor they are basically stuck for things to give him to do. They apparently can't axe him because he's so "in" with the ITV bigwigs so from now on all he will do is stand in the background pulling silly faces and making the occasional silly comment. I'm not complaining about that, but I'd rather not see his annoying face on my T.V screen.
    Why is Anthony Cotton so "in" with the big bosses?:confused:
  • SweetlikeheavenSweetlikeheaven Posts: 5,035
    Forum Member
    Have met all of JLS a few times.. All really lovely and spend time talking to fans, taking pics etc..
    & N-Dubz.. Dappy in particular was very rude. At a charity football game N-Dubz were playing, so were JLS, Blue & loads others.. He would not sign autographs/take pics with people that were wearing any JLS merchandise (t-shirts etc..)
  • deanieboydeanieboy Posts: 740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My sister and Mum both saw Christopher Biggins when he was doing panto or maybe a play in Nottingham - they were in Tesco and saw him shopping - they told me how lovely he was and stood and chatted to them for a couple of minutes....

Similar one with my Dad and my other sister who saw Lionel Blair in town when he was doing panto - my sister had no idea who he was - but again he stood and chatted for a couple of minutes - both really nice!!

I've kind of met Sherrie Hewson (Loose Women/Corrie) who came into where I was doing my work experience - totally different to how she is on LW - very calm and understated...

Again never met her, but did walk past Jayne Torvill outside my work and was amazed by how tiny she is!! Dressed down, no make up and still looked great for her age...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Thank you for saying his Corrie name as I was wondering who Anthony Cotton was!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MJ_lives wrote: »
    However, on Saturday nights Doctor Who, the Doctor did confirm that Patrick is a devil :p:D

:eek::D
  • MsBehaviourMsBehaviour Posts: 5,532
    Forum Member
    Donald Sinden lives near me and is often seen around and about in town.

Don't know whether you live in HGSuburb - but I lived near Donald Sinden when he did. He used to entertain members of the local drama group and I went to several of his barbeques. He was always very chatty and generous. With minimal encouragement he would tell some hilarious stories about pretensions in the theatre. A lovely man. :)
  • DemizdeeroolzDemizdeeroolz Posts: 3,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Also Rik Waller from Pop Idol came into the pub I was working in and was really rude to me. I didn't even realise it was him because he had this long purple hair, but some of his food order hadn't come out and he called me incompetent.

That bit made me laugh, he must have looked a sight!