One eye stronger than the other?

InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,789
Forum Member
I'm not too sure why I'm posting this in advice, as I know the answers will be "go to an optician"...

A couple of months ago I noticed that my eyesight was getting a little worse... but I thought nothing of it. Both my eyes used to be equal in strengh (as far as I could tell by looking at something with one eye then the other) but when I do it now my left eye gives a clear image yet my right one gives a more blurry image... for example cannot clearly read things written on the television ect (I'm not saying it's really bad but I've noticed its got worse)

I'm in my very late teens.. has anyone got any advice/past experience on this?

Comments

• JonJonBJonJonB Posts: 2,051
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Go to an optician, obviously. Things will only get worse.
  • tomvoxxtomvoxx Posts: 2,340
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    InMyArms wrote: »
    I'm not too sure why I'm posting this in advice, as I know the answers will be "go to an optician"...

TBH you've just answered your own post. No-one will be be able to offer any useful advice on this one. You say that you are noticing that the sight in one eye is getting worse - so why haven't you been to the optician already? Regarding personal experience my right eye was found to be weaker than my left eye when I was 17. I refused to wear glasses (well at that age it is understandable) but started when I went to university a year later. A few decades and many pairs of glasses later I don't even think about it. Get tested at least every 2 years and you should have peace of mind. One thing that wasn't an issue for me but may be for you. If you want to drive there is a vision requirement that you have to comply with. If you already have a licence then you are obliged to wear glasses when driving if you normally require them. Good luck.
  • SentenzaSentenza Posts: 12,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have a shortsighted eye and a long sighted eye +75 in one -75 in the other - they kind of even themselves out unless I put my hand over right eye looking at newspaper blurry or hand over left for distance.
    Only time I think I sometimes need glasses is on the computer but what with being able too use a 40 "tv screen as a monitor now it has been a lot easier than a decade ago on a 15 inch screen :D