Is Gemma Oaten a good actress

LilyCLilyC Posts: 337
Forum Member
Does anyone rate her as an actress.

Comments

• Melephunk2010Melephunk2010 Posts: 38,242
    Forum Member
    Given the right storyline I think she'd be fantastic but this whole jai affair thing has been poorly written and is unbelievebly random,.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 124
    Forum Member
    Given the right storyline I think she'd be fantastic but this whole jai affair thing has been poorly written and is unbelievebly random,.

Agree, I think the storyline is weird, if they were having a simple straight forward affair she wouldnt have to act do moany and miserable, not that I'm suggesting that would be a better storyline just that the one she has now is dictating the way her character is behaving.
  • owlycherriesowlycherries Posts: 2,384
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's just average. Not dreadful but not amazing either.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 484
    Forum Member
    TokenCat wrote: »
    Agree, I think the storyline is weird, if they were having a simple straight forward affair she wouldnt have to act do moany and miserable, not that I'm suggesting that would be a better storyline just that the one she has now is dictating the way her character is behaving

But I don't see what she does have to be miserable about? It isn't the ideal circumstances for a kid but she decided to keep the baby, she was aware of what the situation was from day one. Jai hasn't treated her badly in the slightest. :confused:

I've got nothing much to say about the acting. It's serviceable for an abysmal storyline.
  • TheGreenManTheGreenMan Posts: 633
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Given the right storyline...

A bit like her sister. I quite like Ali but she never seems to do much and needs a stronger presence.
  • CRP2012CRP2012 Posts: 2,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A bit like her sister. I quite like Ali but she never seems to do much and needs a stronger presence.

Ali Was Better in shamless

Gemma Oaten reminds me of letitia dean,Pritty Crap doing the day to day stuff & poor SLs,but if given the right stuff can be great
  • valtimmyvaltimmy Posts: 7,158
    Forum Member
    I agree about the storyline.
    In reality she would be taking precautions like the pill. Why do none of them believe in birth control in ED?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's just average. Not dreadful but not amazing either.

This ^^^^^

She's ok, but if she left tomorrow I would have forgotten all about her by this time next week.
  • Lewis26Lewis26 Posts: 1,435
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i really dont know where this is coming from, just because she might not like her character doesnt mean she cant act she is great!