***Dannii Minogue Music Comeback***

THEXFACTORKINGTHEXFACTORKING Posts: 2,599
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I sure hope this is true as I would love to hear new, decent, and personal songs from her.

It's been too long since her hit album 'Neon Nights'.

I know some will sneaker at this thread, but I'm curious as too what some would like to see on this new album or what direction you would like to see?

Refreshment of some of her past hit singles:

I begin to wonder
All I wanna do
This is it
Who do you love now
Put the needle on it
Love and kisses
Don't wanna lose this feeling
Perfection
So under pressure
You won't forget about me
Everything I wanted
Disremembrance
Baby Love
Jump to the beat
He's the greatest dancer (Australian single)

Hit albums:
Love and kisses (Sadly this album has dated really bad)
Neon Nights (A real pop gem album)
Hits and beyond

Also, we need to acknowledge the flops/ or the singles that won't hits but still as good:
Success
I don't wanna take this pain
This is the way
Love's on every corner
Get in to you
Touch me like that
Coco Nut

Albums that won't hit/flops:
Get in to you (Vocally her best album)
Girl (Real shame this album did not do well considering it was critically acclaimed by the music industry).

Comments

• Pippa2012Pippa2012 Posts: 610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would love new material from her but i cant see her making a full return. I always feel Dannii should have released a new album(if she was ever going to do one) when she was on X Factor as she was very popular. I think Dannii's best bet at success is doing guest vocals on some dance tracks with people like Avicii and David Guetta.
  • TranceClubberTranceClubber Posts: 2,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I got her album Neon Nights got it in 2006 fantastic tunes :)
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,477
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure I'd class Perfection as a "hit" but love Dannii:D
  • THEXFACTORKINGTHEXFACTORKING Posts: 2,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would love a dance pop balled :-).

She should work with decent producers and song writers.
  • sparkle22sparkle22 Posts: 1,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love danniis music especially her debut album & neon nights I would see her if she toured.
  • ashtray88ashtray88 Posts: 1,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wasn't this suppose to be her comeback single? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfUD984EbUo What happened?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No that's a bonus track
  • ashtray88ashtray88 Posts: 1,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's a shame.:( It sounds like the sort of song they'd play on TV montages and stuff.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We need an out there song that she's never done, along with a new image. I respect dannii, unlike other artists, as she writes her own songs .

However, she needs meaningful songs, as opposed to touching/feeling sexual like songs.

I would love a balled dance-like song with a thumping beat and catchy lyrics (with a high quality video).
  • Lucylocket88Lucylocket88 Posts: 5,049
    Forum Member
    I would love more Dannii music. However, she doesn't have the big machine behind her, unlike other female artists out there. I think this stops her from being a huge success.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    I'm not a Dannii fan but So Under Pressure is a fantastic tune.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not a Dannii fan but So Under Pressure is a fantastic tune.

Sure is a unique track and very personal.
  • gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    my favourite single from dannii is "all i wanna do" and while the budget for the video made it look cheap, jlo's team totally copied the concept for her "if you had my love" video.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gpk wrote: »
    my favourite single from dannii is "all i wanna do" and while the budget for the video made it look cheap, jlo's team totally copied the concept for her "if you had my love" video.

I adore the All I wanna do video :-)
  • gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I adore the All I wanna do video :-)

yeah, the concept was great, she had never looked better at that point, but it would have been so much better with a bigger budget like jlo's later video. the song is very good though and it deserved to have been an even bigger hit than it was for her.

i think my favourite video from her was "i begin to wonder", it was stylistic, eye catching and that was also a great single. also, while i accept it was cheesy, i do love the video for "this is it", she and julian had great on screen chemistry.:cry: i actually think "this is it" is her best recorded vocal as well.
  • FanntastikFanntastik Posts: 12,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Neon Nights is such a good album.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fanntastik wrote: »

Should have been bigger than what it was too
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ok, I heard some good news and thought I would share it .

I have a friend in Melbourne who works in music production, mixing and etc.....according to him he hasn't worked with Dannii directly, but has worked with some of the people who have worked with her. He says , "she has been working on new music, and I have heard it and it's actually quite good. It's a little different to what she normally does, and the sound is more pop and radio friendly. They are still demos and not finished, but she has been working with high up people".

However, if it's for a future album release he doesn't know nor can he confirm. He just knows that she is doing music in the studios. but lots of artists go in the studio and play around and experiment, but it doesn't mean it will be released.

Interesting news, but still frustrating that there isn't confirmation on a new album.....let alone if she has a record deal apart from AATW in the UK
  • jrajra Posts: 48,325
    Forum Member
    Fanntastik wrote: »

Agree.
    I got her album Neon Nights got it in 2006 fantastic tunes :-)

So have I, a few months ago. It cost me a quid from the pound shop. Good album though. Bonus videos on it, as well.

Dannii Minogue - I begin to wonder (Extended Version) 2003
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bs6KrFfdIRU
  • jrajra Posts: 48,325
    Forum Member
    jra wrote:
    Bonus videos on it, as well.

Appears on all regular editions, it seems.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neon_Nights#Track_listing
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dannii said on Twitter that she has big news coming soon .........I begin to wonder
  • spaceygalspaceygal Posts: 3,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This Is The Way is one of my fave Dannii songs, along with Everything I Wanted, All I Wanna Do and You Won't Forget About Me. I look forward to hearing new stuff from her.
  • Lucylocket88Lucylocket88 Posts: 5,049
    Forum Member
    Ok, I heard some good news and thought I would share it .

I have a friend in Melbourne who works in music production, mixing and etc.....according to him he hasn't worked with Dannii directly, but has worked with some of the people who have worked with her. He says , "she has been working on new music, and I have heard it and it's actually quite good. It's a little different to what she normally does, and the sound is more pop and radio friendly. They are still demos and not finished, but she has been working with high up people".

However, if it's for a future album release he doesn't know nor can he confirm. He just knows that she is doing music in the studios. but lots of artists go in the studio and play around and experiment, but it doesn't mean it will be released.

Interesting news, but still frustrating that there isn't confirmation on a new album.....let alone if she has a record deal apart from AATW in the UK

I think going with a different sound, is a good idea. As an artist, If you haven't released music in years, then reinventing yourself and releasing a different sound, is the best way, in my opinion.