BBC HD to close, replaced with BBC Two HD

Comments

• Mickey_TMickey_T Posts: 4,962
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kruador wrote: »
    4hd is currently looking pretty lonely on its transponder on Astra 1N, which is running at 42 Mbps, enough for four HD services.
    Pretty sure 4HD shares it's transponder with 4Seven now after being converted back to DVB-S.
  • pburke90pburke90 Posts: 14,754
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It does, and I'm also guessing it will house More 4 HD and Film 4 HD for Sky when they launch soon.
  • DragonQDragonQ Posts: 4,807
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep, 33 Mbps for 3 HD channels and 1 SD channel.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Perhaps Sky will host More4-HD and Film4-HD while E4-HD moves onto the 4HD / 4Seven transponder and goes FTA?

Just a thought. :)
  • kasgkasg Posts: 4,711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Reminder - this is the Freeview forum, please stop going on about transponders and Astras!
  • RadiomikeRadiomike Posts: 7,926
    Forum Member
    kasg wrote: »
    Reminder - this is the Freeview forum, please stop going on about transponders and Astras!

...not to mention that the recent posts have nothing to do with the thread which is about BBC HD / BBC Two HD :D
  • gomezzgomezz Posts: 44,507
    Forum Member
    kasg wrote: »
    Given the topic this thread is in the wrong forum anyway. :p

I suggest it be moved to Broadcasting.
  • pburke90pburke90 Posts: 14,754
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mickey_T wrote: »
    Perhaps Sky will host More4-HD and Film4-HD while E4-HD moves onto the 4HD / 4Seven transponder and goes FTA?

Just a thought. :)
    Oh look, did you see that? That pig almost hit a tree. Fly higher you swine!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gomezz wrote: »

I agree. It's certainly covers more than just Freeview.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,856
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be fair, the thread was having a nice little snooze until Ricky got round to replying to Sexbomb.

And I never thought I'd be typing that sentence:eek:
  • Dansky+HDDansky+HD Posts: 9,806
    Forum Member
    gomezz wrote: »

They are FTA channels and are in the correct section.
    Also is a broadcasting question by default also a Sky+HD and Virgin Media question.
  • gomezzgomezz Posts: 44,507
    Forum Member
    You seem to be confusing FTA with Freeview.
  • SexbombSexbomb Posts: 20,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sue_Aitch wrote: »
    To be fair, the thread was having a nice little snooze until Ricky got round to replying to Sexbomb.

And I never thought I'd be typing that sentence:eek:

and took him a year to do so :D
  • RickyBRickyB Posts: 349
    Forum Member
    Sexbomb wrote: »
    and took him a year to do so :D

Yes, sorry about that...! :D
  • tomatospencertomatospencer Posts: 38
    Forum Member
    I wonder if when BBC HD closes, it will jut silently morph into BBC Two HD overnight, or will there be a static caption for say a few hours saying something like:

<BBC HD LOGO>

AS OF <DATE OF CLOSURE> BBC HD HAS NOW CLOSED.
    BBC TWO HD WILL LAUNCH HERE IN <COUNTDOWN TIMER>
  • a516a516 Posts: 5,241
    Forum Member
    I wonder if when BBC HD closes, it will jut silently morph into BBC Two HD overnight, or will there be a static caption for say a few hours saying something like:

<BBC HD LOGO>

AS OF <DATE OF CLOSURE> BBC HD HAS NOW CLOSED.
    BBC TWO HD WILL LAUNCH HERE IN <COUNTDOWN TIMER>

I should imagine a seamless transition. The BBC HD channel closes for the night, a preview loop plays and BBC Two HD appears in the morning.
  • tomatospencertomatospencer Posts: 38
    Forum Member
    a516 wrote: »
    I should imagine a seamless transition. The BBC HD channel closes for the night, a preview loop plays and BBC Two HD appears in the morning.
    I bet that knowing the BBC, they will still accidentally keep the BBC HD DOG for a short while after BBC Two HD appears! :D
  • tghe-retfordtghe-retford Posts: 26,449
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Possibly a development in BBC Two HD. Not confirmed and caution should be exercised, but BBC Click is now being broadcast on BBC Two and today, the official account tweeted this:

"Thanks for your comments about the BBC2 airing. We're thrilled too! For those asking about HD, that's coming in April!!"

Can't imagine BBC HD carrying BBC News programmes too..?
  • derek500derek500 Posts: 24,887
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Possibly a development in BBC Two HD. Not confirmed and caution should be exercised, but BBC Click is now being broadcast on BBC Two and today, the official account tweeted this:

"Thanks for your comments about the BBC2 airing. We're thrilled too! For those asking about HD, that's coming in April!!"

Perhaps they're holding back the switch until BBC News have moved to HD production from Broadcasting House. I think I read it's the end of March.

There's going to be a fair amount on news channel simulcasts on BBC Two.
  • mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,307
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    End of March seems to be a date being touted by some for BBC Two HD launching. And no, I don't know where they got the dates from either.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,151
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You're reading far far too much into this, might as well have declared Spencer Kelly is going to be Pope. Why wouldn't BBC HD carry Click?
  • RadiomikeRadiomike Posts: 7,926
    Forum Member
    Smiggs wrote: »
    You're reading far far too much into this, might as well have declared Spencer Kelly is going to be Pope. Why wouldn't BBC HD carry Click?

Because BBC HD only operates from around 4pm to 1am and Click won't be shown on BBC Two during that time period.

The sooner BBC HD becomes BBC Two HD the better in my opinion so I hope the hints being posted do point to this happening before Easter hopefully.
  • tghe-retfordtghe-retford Posts: 26,449
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Smiggs wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/BBCClick/status/287230452824170497

BBC Two HD launches in April.
  • lotsobearlotsobear Posts: 432
    Forum Member
    RIP BBC HD! (2006-2013 †). :cry:

:D
  • -ajm--ajm- Posts: 5,830
    Forum Member
    What does this mean for 3d?