Filming Wraps on 50th Special

124»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 166
    Forum Member
    Let me guess the trailer:

Stirring music, choir ascending the scales... rollercoaster WHOAHHH!... heart-tug peril face... running between explosions... enigmatic alien turns to face the camera... close up of Smith...

"After today, the world of Doctor Who will change... forever."

WHAM!

h a s h t a g
  • TheophileTheophile Posts: 2,945
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    garbage456 wrote: »
    5 weeks for 90 minutes. Most movies can take a year or more.

Yes, but that year is for all of the production. Principal Shooting usually takes a much, much shorter amount of time.
  • TheophileTheophile Posts: 2,945
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shawn_Lunn wrote: »
    I'll wait until the BBC confirm whether it's 60 minutes or not but as long as it's a good story, does the length really matter?

Yes, I'd like 90 minutes too but if Moffat can tell a satisfying story in 60 that commemorates the last 50 years as best as he can, then that should be good too.

Segee, no offence, but online petitions like the one you're doing and the MoffatStepDown ones I've seen on Twitter are just an exercise in futility.

LOL! We are debating geeky, science fiction online. We should be used to exercises in futility. :):):)
  • nebogipfelnebogipfel Posts: 8,375
    Forum Member
    DiscoP wrote: »
    Surely it's got to be longer than 60 minutes if they're going to release it at cinema's?

Depends how they do it. Might just be in a few select venues around the country - major cities. Rather than general release. They'd hoover up enough keen fans from across each city wanting to go to an hour long special. Especially as they might bolt on some other stuff too to make an evening of it.
  • fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought that the only reason it's being shown in selected cinemas is to allow people without 3DTVs to see it in 3D.
  • nebogipfelnebogipfel Posts: 8,375
    Forum Member
    Yes - it must have occurred to them that pitching 3D as a big and exciting deal to a massive audience of people with 2D TVs might backfire on them. (Not that they are strangers to announcing things in such a way that it soon backfires on them , of course).

But the mind boggles somewhat at the thought of it being a general release across the land affair. And someone is going to want paying. I doubt the bbc will be giving the tickets away for free.
  • TheSilentFezTheSilentFez Posts: 11,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If it's less than 90 minutes, I don't think I could be bothered paying to see it in the cinema.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,546
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why are we all so sure we would have to pay for it at the cinema? Maybe they have a deal. Good publicity for the show and any merch.
  • Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    Theophile wrote: »
    LOL! We are debating geeky, science fiction online. We should be used to exercises in futility. :):):)

Perhaps there should be some limits though:D
  • DiscoPDiscoP Posts: 5,931
    Forum Member
    Why are we all so sure we would have to pay for it at the cinema? Maybe they have a deal. Good publicity for the show and any merch.

I was going to say that I don't think I've ever been to the cinema for free but then I remembered that I saw an England world cup match for free in one once so who knows...
  • Shandyman81Shandyman81 Posts: 349
    Forum Member

Cos cinemas don't do anything for free.....
  • Davetherave70Davetherave70 Posts: 553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cos cinemas don't do anything for free.....

Most cinemas exist financially thanks to concessions/merchandise/booking fees, so it is entirely possible it may be free entry.
  • DogmatixDogmatix Posts: 2,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Most cinemas exist financially thanks to concessions/merchandise [...]

Not surprised, at those prices. Not even motorway service stations can get away with that kind of daylight robbery. If you take kids, of course they want popcorn and soft drinks which only come in ridiculously big portions, and pop goes your wallet quicker than you can say "th-th-th-that's all, folks!".
  • Shandyman81Shandyman81 Posts: 349
    Forum Member
    Most cinemas exist financially thanks to concessions/merchandise/booking fees, so it is entirely possible it may be free entry.

Actually that's changed lately, cinemas are getting more from tickets than they used to, but still keep concessions high for the extra money.