Hallam FM

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 207
Forum Member
Recently I've been listening to Hallam FM on my Internet Radio instead of Essex FM since the whole GLOBAL thing.

What a great sounding station Hallam FM is... Sounds modern while still playing some older songs...

What do you think?

Comments

• djgeezadjgeeza Posts: 1,890
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Flippin brilliant station ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,389
    Forum Member
    It's my local :D It's just 3 minutes down the road actually.
  • TelevisionUserTelevisionUser Posts: 41,404
    Forum Member
    Matt-08 wrote: »
    It's my local :D It's just 3 minutes down the road actually.

In which case, Matt-08, have you ever had a tour round the station and do they have open days?

Also jamesessex2007, you might care to have a listen to Trax FM here (www.traxfm.co.uk) which is another South Yorkshire station. Not at all bad ;).
    Forum Member
    Trax FM also doesn't network AT ALL.

Hallam does after 7, and has the same presenter three times during the day! Breakfast side kick, 9-10am, and 2-3pm. :D
  • dpbdpb Posts: 12,024
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Trax FM also doesn't network AT ALL.<snip>

That's not true - they carry Hit 40 UK.
    Forum Member
    That doesn't count. Every station does that, besides Galaxy and Kiss! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17
    Forum Member
    .......... and Juice ;-)
  • dpbdpb Posts: 12,024
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That doesn't count. Every station does that, besides Galaxy and Kiss! :D

It's still network programming though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Trax FM also doesn't network AT ALL.

Hallam does after 7...

There's more on the way...
    Forum Member
    djgeeza wrote: »
    There's more on the way...

:eek: Tell us more....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :eek: Tell us more....

All will be revealed this week, keep an eye out.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 216
    Forum Member
    My personal opinion is that Hallam was great in the mid-90s but for me is a shadow of its former self since it changed to an AC format.

Fortunately, Galaxy fills the gap Hallam left.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The networking mentioned earlier in the thread is regional, sharing with Radio Aire, and is on Friday and Saturday evenings. Anyone heard any?
  • dzfootballdzfootball Posts: 4,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    djgeeza wrote: »
    The networking mentioned earlier in the thread is regional, sharing with Radio Aire, and is on Friday and Saturday evenings. Anyone heard any?

That Luce does a Friday night party show which is networked similar to In Demand but just her. Not heard any others.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In Demand 7-10 weekdays is networked across the north. The Confessional after 10 is on Bauer's Yorkshire stations-Viking Hallam and Aire.
  • the wellserthe wellser Posts: 4,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hullboy wrote: »
    The Confessional after 10 is on Bauer's Yorkshire stations-Viking Hallam and Aire.

I expect a similar arrangement will happen in the West Midlands, if Bauer end up with those stations.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,383
    Forum Member
    The good old days (late 70's - early 80's) was best on Radio Hallam (none of this Hallam FM cr@p) Martin Kelner did the 10pm slot and it was hilarious. I used to have the radio on under the covers and often didn't get to sleep till after midnight (on a school night!!)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hullboy wrote: »
    In Demand 7-10 weekdays is networked across the north. The Confessional after 10 is on Bauer's Yorkshire stations-Viking Hallam and Aire.

Floorfillers on Saturday from 6pm - 1am, and the show after Luce's show on Friday is also networked now.
  • srhugosrhugo Posts: 3,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LCDMAN wrote: »
    I used to have the radio on under the covers and often didn't get to sleep till after midnight (on a school night!!)

You dare-devil, you!

Hallam have bucked the trend of heritage stations across Great Britain with a superb RAJAR trend of continual ascent over the last few years.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 716
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    srhugo wrote: »
    You dare-devil, you!

Hallam have bucked the trend of heritage stations across Great Britain with a superb RAJAR trend of continual ascent over the last few years.

Well: little networking, decent presenters, varied music, good family breakfast show..its got alot going for it...

It seems alot better than Viking, yet its in the same network, you'd think they'd be copies but they're not...viking seems more 00's tacky pop filled where Hallam is more all eers variety of quality tunage...

I used to listen to Hallam FM and still do when i'm in the car...my family love it and we dont live in the TSA
    Forum Member
    Well: little networking, decent presenters, varied music, good family breakfast show..its got alot going for it...

It seems alot better than Viking, yet its in the same network, you'd think they'd be copies but they're not...viking seems more 00's tacky pop filled where Hallam is more all eers variety of quality tunage...

I used to listen to Hallam FM and still do when i'm in the car...my family love it and we dont live in the TSA

Am I also right in saying that they are still pretty independent. I mean own buildings, PCs, and Head Of Music?

They also take individual playlists I imagine, going by your post.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 716
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Am I also right in saying that they are still pretty independent. I mean own buildings, PCs, and Head Of Music?

They also take individual playlists I imagine, going by your post.

Yes its them and magic in their bulilding...Viking in Hull is the same.

It it seems like a different playlist yes...
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LCDMAN wrote: »
    The good old days (late 70's - early 80's) was best on Radio Hallam (none of this Hallam FM cr@p) Martin Kelner did the 10pm slot and it was hilarious. I used to have the radio on under the covers and often didn't get to sleep till after midnight (on a school night!!)

Clearly, they had exceptional leadership.
  • Kix96Kix96 Posts: 760
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Paul_Hayes wrote: »
    Clearly, they had exceptional leadership.
    Hallam FM has played host to a lot of now-famous DJs and PDs
  • teasconesteascones Posts: 110
    Forum Member
    I think Hallam's a great station apart from one show... The confessional, not my idea of a good listen at all! Nothing against the presenters just not a fan of that kind of 'Late night Love' style of radio. I think a phone in show more like 'Nick at Night' that Nick Margerrison presented on the station a few years back would make for a better listen.