World's End

GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,178
Forum Member
✭✭✭✭
Here's the teaser trailer.

http://video.uk.msn.com/watch/video/exclusive-the-world-s-end-trailer/2t5faj5e

More Shaun Of The Dead/Hot Fuzz style laughs. I can't wait.

Comments

• Delboy219Delboy219 Posts: 3,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't wait for this. Hopefully the soundtrack is up to the usual Edgar Wright standard. :cool:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Think the Edgar Wright/Smon Pegg collaborations are very overrated. Shaun of the Dead was ok, Hot Fuzz was dire. (Yes I know I am probably in a minority) :)

Simon's collaboration with Nick Frost on Paul was far superior. I could watch that again and again.
  • PunksNotDeadPunksNotDead Posts: 21,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Trailer didn't do much for me, hasn't the running through a fence joke been done before in Hot Fuzz:confused:
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Trailer didn't do much for me, hasn't the running through a fence joke been done before in Hot Fuzz:confused:

Yes, and Shaun Of The Dead. It's a callback.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I knew it wouldn't be long till someone pissed on Edgar's chips. Viva la DS. :p

But then again, of course a Downton Abbey fan will most likely hate these movies.

I thought Paul was just ok. Not a patch on the Cornetto movies, at all.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've been pissing on Edgar's chips long before Downton Abbey was ever on screens so that argument is not valid. I'm not much of a fan of Downton anymore either but you can't change your name in here. Is that how you handle people not agreeing with you? By judging their tastes based on their screen name in here? :rolleyes: Wow. You sad.... Delboy.

The 'Cornetto' movies are in my opinion, pretty shit. But only in my opinion. It isn't gospel.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You're awfully angry for a guy that was into Downton Abbey.

Calling me sad, is an indication you take things way too seriously. ;)

I would apologise for mistakenly annoying you, but after seeing your kneejerk reaction, i won't bother.

What is "sad" in my opinion, is the fact you're even on a EW thread if you hate him. (i don't really believe that, but it's the way DS works, no?)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    First, I'm female.
    Second, you weren't kidding.
  • hammerfanhammerfan Posts: 1,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Saw the trailer last night and I'm looking forward to it. Loved Shaun of the Dead & Hot Fuzz so hoping for more laughs.
  • Johnny ClayJohnny Clay Posts: 5,315
    Forum Member
    Anything remotely surprising in this trailer? I mean anything?

For those that like Pegg, it will probably remind you why.

For those that can't stand him, it will also probably remind you why.

The latter, btw.
  • TassiumTassium Posts: 31,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The thing about Edgar Wright, his style gets in the way.

Fair enough if he could do something else but he clearly can't.

He would have been a pop video director in the 80's, then likely moved into commercials.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anything remotely surprising in this trailer? I mean anything.
    Why would anyone want surprising in just a teaser trailer? This isn't Iron Man 3 or TDKR there doesn't need a little bit at the end that makes you go "oh **** can't wait to see that in the cinema". Myself (and many others) only really wanted the trailer to be a conformation that this would be in the same style as the other films. It worked.

It says right at the beginning "From the guys that brought you Shaun of the Dead and "Hot Fuzz" so straight away you pretty much know exactly what you are in for and the trailer justifies it. Anyone who wants to see this is obviously a fan of the first two (and if they aren't I honestly do not know what they saw in the trailer that made them think "this looks like a different film") and the filmmakers know that.
    Tassium wrote: »
    The thing about Edgar Wright, his style gets in the way.

Fair enough if he could do something else but he clearly can't.

I love his style personally and I think I'd be disappointed if his films didn't have it. It just works for the stuff he has done. I'd rather him have a solid style that he knows works rather than have him try a drama and he doesn't pull off.
  • Johnny ClayJohnny Clay Posts: 5,315
    Forum Member
    Why would anyone want surprising in just a teaser trailer?
    I suppose expecting anything out the ordinary from Pegg/Wright was a bit too much.

Presumably it's nothing more than another round of smug nerdy twaddle the rest of us can easily dismiss.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    His style is very Danny Boyle.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I suppose expecting anything out the ordinary from Pegg/Wright was a bit too much.

Presumably it's nothing more than another round of smug nerdy twaddle the rest of us can easily dismiss.

Or maybe the rest of us can happily enjoy it while you can dismiss it...

Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz are certainly unlike any films I've seen.
  • CaminoCamino Posts: 13,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just seen the trailer, looking forward to the release really like the actress Rosamund Pike.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 353
    Forum Member
    I'm really looking forward to seeing this, I loved Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz so I reckon this will be the perfect mint cornetto in the blood and ice cream trilogy! ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It looked like a rehash of Shaun of the Dead with robots.

But then Shaun of the Dead is outstanding. I hope it's not like Hot Fuzz which was pretty disappointing to say the least. Narp.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,174
    Forum Member
    I did like Hot Fuzz, but it had way too much of the speeded up stuff in it. Looking forward to World's End, but hope they haven't gone overboard with that again, it drove me crazy in Hot Fuzz.

On another note, the fence joke is part of a running gag. That's why it's funny.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't wait for this to be released! It's the only film besides the Carrie remake and Kick-Ass 2 that I am actually looking forward to this year. Everything else has been disappointing or doesn't interest me (enough of the bloody superhero films already film studios..... :yawn: :sleep:)

I do hope it is better than Hot Fuzz though, which although funny, was no way near as clever, funny or entertaining as Shaun of The Dead.

I'll be going with me housemates to see this before we all part ways :( Apparently (according to friends) I'm pretty much Simon Pegg's character (especially with the bad puns: "Bitter end..... Lager end....") in this film.... Not sure if that's a good thing :D

Not long to go now until release :cool:
  • welwynrosewelwynrose Posts: 33,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Think this is one film I may have to watch twice seeing as a lot of it was filmed where I live so I suspect I will spend most of the time looking out for places that I know
  • Melanie858Melanie858 Posts: 3,483
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    welwynrose wrote: »
    Think this is one film I may have to watch twice seeing as a lot of it was filmed where I live so I suspect I will spend most of the time looking out for places that I know

Same here. I'm not sure it's my kind of film but I'm just going to see how Letchworth looks on the big screen! I saw a lot being filmed in the town - most excitement we've ever had here!